Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-26-2012, 01:58 PM   #1426
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012 College Football Discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
4 SEC HC jobs are open, wonder who will be hired at each school.

My guesses:

Auburn - Charlie Strong
Kentucky - I honestly think Bobby Petrino might get this job
Tennessee - No clue
Arkansas - No clue

Maybe Kirby Smart could be in line for one of these jobs, who knows.

Kentucky officials have said they won't go after Petrino multiple times. There have been rumors they are going after San Jose State's Mike MacIntyre who has led the to a nice turnaround in 3 years.

Tennessee fans are convinced they are getting Jon Gruden. Supposedly Gruden already turned down Arkansas.

I think if Petrino goes anywhere in the SEC it will be Auburn because they are desperate.

However, I really don't think he is going to get an SEC job offer at the end of the day b/c he has burned several teams in the past through his constant lying.
kentatm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:00 PM   #1427
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chosen_1
ND beat 9 bowl eligible teams which is the same amount as Georgia and Alabama combined. Florida beat 8, but 2 of them are Jxsville St and LALaffayette, which they could have lost. It is not nearly as clear cut as you make it out.

Football is definitely about matchups and that is why some teams struggle against inferior teams.

ND plays a grind it out style; don't compare their wins to Oregon or another team with a vastly different approach.

Oh please. ND has exactly two wins that are worth a shit and the Stanford win was a complete gift from the refs. Everyone else they beat is weak sauce. Don't give me that 9 wins vs bowl eligible crap when literally every 6-6 team is going to make it in this year.

and Florida was never in danger of losing to Jacksonville State so you can dump that off your list.

Last edited by kentatm : 11-26-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:04 PM   #1428
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
I never said you take ND out of title the game.

I'm just saying Florida technically has a better resume and is the better team. There is no way in hell ND could go undefeated with Florida's schedule. They would probably lose at least 4 games.

If there was a legit playoff this year that only took the top 4 of the BCS we would get ND vs Florida and the Domers would get taken out in the first round.

That Pitt team ND had so much trouble with got blasted by a 7-4 Youngstown State that didn't even make the FCS playoffs.

Pitt did have an incredibly slow start and suspended like 5 starters right before kick off of the Youngstown State game but yeah that was still embarassing. Not really a very good respresentation of Pitt as a football team tho. I'm not trying to say Pitt is good but we aren't nearly as bad as that first game would indicate.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #1429
the_chosen_1
Decent playground baller

the_chosen_1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Oh please. ND has exactly two wins that are worth a shit and the Stanford win was a complete gift from the refs. Everyone else they beat is weak sauce. Don't give me that 9 wins vs bowl eligible crap when literally every 6-6 team is going to make it in this year.

and Florida was never in danger of losing to Jacksonville State so you can dump that off your list.
Never in danger? Says you! Rest of the world believes otherwise as the score indicated.

You would love to use the bowl eligible argument if your team had more; right? Bowls have always been that way (6-6 getting a game). nothing new.

They beat Stanford his elbow is down! You sound a little upset about that!
the_chosen_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #1430
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Never in danger? Says you! Rest of the world believes otherwise as the score indicated.

You would love to use the bowl eligible argument if your team had more; right? Bowls have always been that way (6-6 getting a game). nothing new.

They beat Stanford his elbow is down! You sound a little upset about that!

The final score was 23-0 and they were using their backup QB. It was 17-0 going into the 4th and Jville finished with just 242 total yards. The rest of the nation believes that was close to being a loss?

and no, every 6-6 team making a bowl is relatively new in the last 10 years.

You could win 8 games in an 11 game season and still miss a bowl up until the late 90s.

also, LOL, the Stanford guy was not down. You can tell yourself he was all you want. The dude was not down. I don't even care b/c ND is going to get taken out by Bama or Georgia in the title game anyway.

Last edited by kentatm : 11-26-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #1431
the_chosen_1
Decent playground baller

Good article dispelling some of the myths flying around.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...205348035.html
Old 11-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #1432
the_chosen_1
Decent playground baller

Quote:
The final score was 23-0 and they were using their backup QB. It was 17-0 going into the 4th and Jville finished with just 242 total yards. The rest of the nation believes that was close to being a loss?

and no, every 6-6 team making a bowl is relatively new in the last 10 years.

You could win 8 games in an 11 game season and still miss a bowl up until the late 90s.

also, LOL, the Stanford guy was not down. You can tell yourself he was all you want. The dude was not down. I don't even care b/c ND is going to get taken out by Bama or Georgia in the title game anyway.

We shall see; until then enjoy the bubble that you live in.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:26 PM   #1433
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
We shall see; until then enjoy the bubble that you live in.

at least in my bubble I don't pull made up close losses completely out of my ass.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #1434
the_chosen_1
Decent playground baller

Quote:
at least in my bubble I don't pull made up close losses completely out of my ass.
Florida Vs Llaf????

Are you from Dallas? When I grew up in FW they taught us about football!
Old 11-26-2012, 03:02 PM   #1435
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Florida Vs Llaf????

Are you from Dallas? When I grew up in FW they taught us about football!

sorry but the way you wrote your sentence above made it look like you were saying they almost lost to both J'Ville State and ULaLa.'

How you didn't get that I was talking about JVille I don't know b/c I mentioned them by name.

Regardless, I would take ULaLa over Pitt (and Purdue) this year and Florida didn't need 3OTs and a horrible miss by a kicker to beat them like ND did with the Panthers.

Last edited by kentatm : 11-26-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:03 PM   #1436
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
4 SEC HC jobs are open, wonder who will be hired at each school.

My guesses:

Auburn - Charlie Strong
Kentucky - I honestly think Bobby Petrino might get this job
Tennessee - No clue
Arkansas - No clue

Maybe Kirby Smart could be in line for one of these jobs, who knows.
So many different names floating around for the Arkansas job. From "home run" type hires like Patterson, Petersen, and Gundy to up and comers like Strong, Franklin, and maybe Dykes.

Honestly, I have no clue who to peg as the front runner.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #1437
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
So many different names floating around for the Arkansas job. From "home run" type hires like Patterson, Petersen, and Gundy to up and comers like Strong, Franklin, and maybe Dykes.

Honestly, I have no clue who to peg as the front runner.

Arky won't get Petersen or Patterson. Neither of those guys are leaving their sweet setups for Arkansas.

I would be a little surprised if Vandy doesn't pony up to keep Franklin for at least a few more years. He can get better jobs than Arkansas this year at Auburn and Tennessee if they come calling anyway.

Gundy was a little pissed with how Okie Light handled his contract last year so maybe he could be lured away.

I think Dykes and Strong are your two best bets with Strong the more likely hire b/c the defense at La Tech is awful and that was the one thing that held back BP teams. The only worries I would have going after Strong are other SEC teams coming for him or the idea he may want to see things out with Teddy Bridgewater next year as Louisville returns a ton of starters. Their inability to get higher than 10 when undefeated and being given no chance at the BCS title game may be enough to change his mind though.

Last edited by kentatm : 11-26-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:24 PM   #1438
kentatm
NBA Legend

The media has been crying about Kevin Sumlin's rule over not letting freshman speak incessantly because they wanted to hear from Manziel.

When they finally got their chance today during a teleconference Andy Staples from Sports Illustrated used his question to ask if Johnny Manziel uses the create a player feature on NCAA 2012 for Playstation to make a guy that looks like himself.

Is it any wonder why Sports Illustrated is pretty much irrelevant these days?
Old 11-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #1439
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
He can get better jobs than Arkansas this year at Auburn and Tennessee if they come calling anyway.
Right now, given the current state of those two football programs, Arkansas is arguably as good of a job as those two. Tennessee is hurting financially and Auburn has the NCAA breathing down their necks again.

5+ years ago, sure, but right now you can argue Arkansas is on par with those two jobs. They're building a brand new football complex, are willing to pony up $4M+/year (at least that's what's being said) for this coach, and there's no impending NCAA hammer or financial doom lingering.

And, this is my biased side talking (even more so than above), but Arkansas I think gets underrated as a job. It's only major flaw is the instate recruiting base sucks. They've got some of the best facilities in the SEC and country, there's a shit load of money (Wal-Mart, Tyson, J.B. Hunt, etc.) and boosters with deep pockets, and Long has a reputation of being an AD coaches love to work for.

Quote:
I think Dykes and Strong are your two best bets with Strong the more likely hire b/c the defense at La Tech is awful and that was the one thing that held back BP teams. The only worries I would have going after Strong are other SEC teams coming for him or the idea he may want to see things out with Teddy Bridgewater next year as Louisville returns a ton of starters. Their inability to get higher than 10 when undefeated and being given no chance at the BCS title game may be enough to change his mind though.
I think the Strong and Dykes talks have died down. Both were hot names and popping up quite a bit a few weeks ago, but that talk has died down.

The two most common names that keep popping up lately by people with "sources" are Patterson and Petersen. I'm not buying Petersen for a second, and I'm very hesitant to buy into the Patterson talk. At the end of the day Jeff Long will probably pull an underwhelming hire out of left-field that no one saw coming.

Last edited by KG215 : 11-26-2012 at 04:26 PM.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #1440
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There's Twitter rumors of Butch Jones from Cincy going to Kentucky being close to done. I only know this because Purdue was rumored to be in contact with Jones.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: