Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 07-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #1
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation
Default Drake's Fortune 1 & 2

Alright, so a few months ago I purchased a PS3 (finally). I was quite certain it'd be just a typical gaming system with nothing more to offer than that of the 360, but I think I was a bit off in that assumption.

For starters, the built-in blu-ray graphics are a notch or two above the standard 360's. Secondly, when it comes to exclusive and first party titles/franchises, can anyone argue there's one greater than the Uncharted series?

I've played through the first two, and I have to say, I'm extremely impressed, to say the least. Sure, they're short all in all, but I've always been more about quality over quantity (especially in gaming).

Uncharted 2 is the obvious superior game compared to it's predecessor, and even still, the first installment is leaps and bounds ahead of almost anything else in the marketplace for any platform.

Since I'm new to the PS3 environment... are there any other "must have" titles I need to pick up that are not also available on the 360?
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Drake's Fortune 1 & 2

Metal Gear 4, Killzone, God of War, Infamous.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:28 AM   #3
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Metal Gear 4, Killzone, God of War, Infamous.

This. Oh and don't miss out on Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us later this year.

Some other games to consider:

Little Big Planet 2
Ratchet and Clank
Jak and Dexter HD Collection
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Heavy Rain - you'll either love it or hate it. Look it up.
Killzone 3
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:26 AM   #5
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Thanks for the input/suggestions guys.

For those of you who have played Uncharted 1 & 2, how did you feel about them comparatively? My opinion, is that obviously, 2 is the superior of the two, but that the original isn't exactly all that inferior either.

I've read numerous reviews and opinions online, and many of them simply suggest 2 is light years ahead of 1, but IMO, they're not that far apart - in terms of all aspects - including: graphics, game-play (which is virtually a carbon copy), storyline, characters etc.

Anyone else on the same page?

I'm about to get started on Uncharted 3 ... how does it compare to the first two in the series?

(on a side note, I'm also playing GTA IV, and to be honest, I'm not exactly all that enthralled).
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:35 AM   #6
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

After playing through Uncharted 2, I had this angry feeling. Like why did this game have to end? I literally loved it, and thought it was easily the greatest game ever. That is until Arkham City, which is without a doubt in my opinion is the greatest game of the new console generation, but to be honest, I didn't feel as excited playing through Uncharted 3. Storyline wasn't as great, and unlike the big jump from Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 2, this was still basically exactly the same thing as the second game. Ehh I dont know man.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #7
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

I do feel 2 was a big jump over 1. Part 3 is not a big departure from part 2....very similar. I enjoyed both of them about the same. Pretty much what Enough Said said.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #8
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

Heavy rain and demon/dark souls. I liked the uncharted series and the characters, butit never moved me like 2 games i mentioned. Heavy rain is just an awesome experience, and dark souls (havent played demon souls but i plan to) will push you to the limits.Bst titles on the ps3 hands down.
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #9
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Check out God of War. Another great series in the exclusive range. Also the PSN store has some great games to download. Crisis and Infamous are quite cheap on there at the moment.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #10
franchise#3
Local High School Star

franchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation here

Madden 12
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:29 PM   #11
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

My favorite series of All-Time is Uncharted.

Uncharted 1 - most challenging
Uncharted 2 - best story by far
Uncharted 3 - most epic moments

U3 gets better and better each time I play it, I think my expectations were way too high after playig Uncharted 2. U3 isn't as polished as U2 but it still is an adventure you have to experince for yourself. Plus you got Cutter in it, very intriguing character who seems like a match for Drake.

I do, but at the same time, I don't want ND to createa rivalry between those two characters. Elena/Sully/Nate vs. Cutter/Chloe.

By the way, anyone else think Uncharted 4 will have a scene with Nate/Elena getting married? The end is never unclear whether these two lovebirds will ever tie the knot.

I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE LAST OF US, looks just as epic.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #12
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

By the way I wil start my walkthroughs hopefully in August.
Will start with Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (it will include a treasure guide as well). You guys will see why I am considered one of the best Uncharted players online.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:32 PM   #13
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yea I'm with everyone else, second was definitely a big leap over the first. Honestly I wasn't a real big fan of the first, although I did enjoy it. I did like the characters and the setting, but I wasn't real into most of the gameplay. A lot of the platforming stuff kinda stood out as unnatural, the second did a much better job making everything look more like part of the environment.

Still gotta play the third sometime.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:05 AM   #14
EnoughSaid
#COYG

Hope you guys heard that Naughty Dog have set up a separate crew to start the early stages of Uncharted 4 development. There are rumors saying that if the game does come out, it will for the PS4.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #15
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

U2 was immense. Crapped all over U3 for mine.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: