Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #16
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Antawn Jamison probably signing with Lakers

Just do something Mitch I'm getting sick of waiting.

Hell to the NO on J-O'neal.......
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #17
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's agreed to vets minimum. Very nice addition.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #18
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy

DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #19
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy

when will he sign?
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:03 PM   #20
lakersNUMBA1
I hit open 5-footers

lakersNUMBA1 has an OK reputation so far

I don't mind these pick up that Mitch is getting. We have a great guard in Nash, and a new guy to come off the bench in Jamison, but the only problem I have with these guys is that there OLD. We need to have a solid bench and then we can possibly make it to the finals.
lakersNUMBA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:44 AM   #21
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool
Angry Re: Antawn Jamison probably signing with Lakers

Just making assumptions!! But thank you, Mike Brown finaly did something for the team!!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #22
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersNUMBA1
I don't mind these pick up that Mitch is getting. We have a great guard in Nash, and a new guy to come off the bench in Jamison, but the only problem I have with these guys is that there OLD. We need to have a solid bench and then we can possibly make it to the finals.

The team is definitely better than it was last year. Last years team should have been up 3-1 on OKC, and that's a team that went to the finals. While the Lakers aren't the favorites, they have a chance now. If they manage to pull off that Howard deal they would be the favorites. Although, since that's a trade in the rumors I'm not sure it will happen. Rumored Lakers trades never happen, lol. They're fun to speculate about though.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #23
Da Kobester
I brick open layups

Da Kobester has an OK reputation so far

Dude's a class act and well deservedly should be in the eye of the media to reach his milestone points and 1 a ring for good measure coz you in Laker Nation bb! Welcome Antawn you the man!
Da Kobester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #24
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Although, since that's a trade in the rumors I'm not sure it will happen. Rumored Lakers trades never happen, lol. They're fun to speculate about though.

when your trying to get Dwight, it's kinda stressful.... He would be the
future for a long time!!!!
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #25
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Wouldn't it be nice he gets a ring over LeDiva?
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #26
lakersNUMBA1
I hit open 5-footers

lakersNUMBA1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
The team is definitely better than it was last year. Last years team should have been up 3-1 on OKC, and that's a team that went to the finals. While the Lakers aren't the favorites, they have a chance now. If they manage to pull off that Howard deal they would be the favorites. Although, since that's a trade in the rumors I'm not sure it will happen. Rumored Lakers trades never happen, lol. They're fun to speculate about though.

But the question is: can this new Laker team keep up the young and faster OKC? Seeing as how we have Nash now, maybe we will be able too.. I guess we're going to have to wait and find out.
lakersNUMBA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #27
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersNUMBA1
But the question is: can this new Laker team keep up the young and faster OKC? Seeing as how we have Nash now, maybe we will be able too.. I guess we're going to have to wait and find out.

I think OKC's speed is over rated, especially when it comes to the playoffs. Playoff basketball is more of a half court game. I don't expect Nash to d up Westbrook. Nash can't guard anybody anyhow, and nobody in the league stops down Westbrook. Durant will obviously get his too. It's just stopping the rest of them, which is totally possible. One of those games they lost by 2 points. Another was 3 points. I think Nash makes a 2-3 point difference.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #28
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I think OKC's speed is over rated, especially when it comes to the playoffs. Playoff basketball is more of a half court game. I don't expect Nash to d up Westbrook. Nash can't guard anybody anyhow, and nobody in the league stops down Westbrook. Durant will obviously get his too. It's just stopping the rest of them, which is totally possible. One of those games they lost by 2 points. Another was 3 points. I think Nash makes a 2-3 point difference.

This is very well thought out. The one thing that surprised me about the finals, were not the two teams who made it, because this was many people's prediction. The style of play from Miami completely surprised me.

I was under the impression that the scores would inflate because of the athleticism, and that it would be an undisciplined style of basketball.

Miami learned the half court game, and the thunder could not stop lebron, whether he was running, or posting up like a power forward.

The thunder are explosive, and rely too much on their explosiveness. They couldn't win with that style anymore. This is something that can take a while for them to master. "Winning ugly" is one of the things that comes to my mind, and mentioned by laker loved, lamar odom.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #29
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
This is very well thought out. The one thing that surprised me about the finals, were not the two teams who made it, because this was many people's prediction. The style of play from Miami completely surprised me.

I was under the impression that the scores would inflate because of the athleticism, and that it would be an undisciplined style of basketball.

Miami learned the half court game, and the thunder could not stop lebron, whether he was running, or posting up like a power forward.

The thunder are explosive, and rely too much on their explosiveness. They couldn't win with that style anymore. This is something that can take a while for them to master. "Winning ugly" is one of the things that comes to my mind, and mentioned by laker loved, lamar odom.

Yeah, I think both teams have their flaws. Of course it takes another really good team to expose them. OKC was a good match up for Miami because OKC doesn't have a big guy who can score down low. That allowed Miami to play small ball (not that Lebron and Bosh are all that small) and it allowed them to move the ball better. Those big guys on OKC weren't going to make a difference defensively, and if they can't make up for it offensively then it's not worth having them in the game. I don't see how a team like Miami could match up with LA in a 7 game series though. Gasol & Bynum can both score down low so they can't match up Bosh & James against those two. I actually think Artest can guard Lebron better than anyone on OKC too. It would be a tough series, but I think the Lakers have a better team. Of course with a guy like Howard it would really swing things in the Lakers favor. Howard should be jumping at the opportunity to come here. He lives out here in the summer already. He would more than likely win a championship. The fans here are some of the most loyal in the league. All that negativity around him right now would vanish, especially with a ring.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:24 PM   #30
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Finally a bench player who can...well....score.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: