Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 09-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Report: Ewing turns down D-League HC job

If true, damn Pat, H20 tried to slip you in through the back door.......

My mom always told me......" just get your foot in, baby"....

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/kni...-d-league-club

Patrick Ewing, who for years has been passed over for coaching positions with the Knicks, recently turned down an opportunity to become head coach of the club’s D-League team, the Daily News has learned.

Although Ewing is out of work after not being retained by the Orlando Magic, the former Knicks great, who interviewed for the Charlotte Bobcats head coach position in June, would prefer to work in the NBA. Ewing has previously worked as an assistant coach with the Wizards, Rockets and Magic but has never been offered a job with the Knicks despite numerous openings over the years.

The Knicks currently have a vacancy on their coaching staff but Mike Woodson is expected to hire LaSalle Thompson. It is unclear as to why the Knicks have refused to reach out to Ewing, especially since the club has former Knicks Allan Houston, John Starks, Herb Williams, Larry Johnson and Walt Frazier all under contract.

Houston, who serves as the Erie BayHawks' general manager, conducted the search for a new coach and contacted Ewing. Jay Larranaga coached Erie for one season before accepting a position on Doc Rivers’ coaching staff in Boston. On Monday, Houston told reporters at a charity golf event in Erie that he has hired a replacement but in typical declined to reveal the identity of the mystery coach.

"There are a lot of procedures that we are in the middle of, but we have come down to our finalist," Houston said. "We're very happy. Very excited."
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Report: Ewing turns down D-League HC job

I think at pretty much said, "these dudes aint gonna give me a chance at a coaching job."

The way the Knicks treated Pat over the years, I'd have no faith in the organization givig me a coaching job unless they put the contract in front of me. Who knows, maybe he has other opportunities lined up.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board
Default Re: Report: Ewing turns down D-League HC job

Ive read that he felt insulted.
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: