Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #46
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,430
Default Re: Kris Humprhies is staying with Nets on two-year deal valued at $24 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
They are returning two starters. Dwill and hump. Brook Lopez missed 61 games and Wallace played half a season. Then they are adding a Perenial 18 ppg scorer. And if the nets let hump escape they won't fill his shoes. And Asik is a scrub. Yeah he's a hard worker but hump is too and he can score and rebound 100x better then Asik. Asik won't get better. All he can do is hustle and play defense. He will never learn to put the ball in the basket.
you do realize that there is a whole half of the game that is defense? and that asik was basically the best defender, statistically, in the entire league last year? he played quite a few 4th quarter minutes over noah. Dude is a potential game changer on the right team. and hes signing at about the right level for a solid true center. Who cares if he doesnt demand the ball on offense? As long as he sets screens and knows his limited role, hes worth it.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #47
ballup
DO THE THING!!!!
 
ballup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Soon to be South Canada
Posts: 12,535
Default Re: Kris Humprhies is staying with Nets on two-year deal valued at $24 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
then, pray tell, what is the worst contract this offseason? I cant think of one worse than this. Maybe Crash? Lin and Asik are about 8 mil per and both much more impactful than this dude, despite his statline. Besides, they had to be structured that way to pry them as RFA away from their former teams. People seem to forget how terrible this team was last year, and they are returning three of the starters but are now playoff bound?
I'd say Jeff Green's contract is worse. A 5 mil increase for a non starter who didn't even play last season and didn't even play well before then.

Humphries' contract is only a two year one so it can be a valuable trade asset quickly.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #48
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,430
Default Re: Kris Humprhies is staying with Nets on two-year deal valued at $24 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballup
I'd say Jeff Green's contract is worse. A 5 mil increase for a non starter who didn't even play last season and didn't even play well before then.

Humphries' contract is only a two year one so it can be a valuable trade asset quickly.
forgot about green. probably worse. same with fields.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #49
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,746
Default Re: Kris Humprhies is staying with Nets on two-year deal valued at $24 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
you do realize that there is a whole half of the game that is defense? and that asik was basically the best defender, statistically, in the entire league last year? he played quite a few 4th quarter minutes over noah. Dude is a potential game changer on the right team. and hes signing at about the right level for a solid true center. Who cares if he doesnt demand the ball on offense? As long as he sets screens and knows his limited role, hes worth it.
I like how Net fans say "Brook Lopez missed 61 games" like it's a good thing. He missed with a stress fracture of his foot. Missing a season with an injury that is a structural problem and not a "i fell and hurt something" problem is not a positive.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #50
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,430
Default Re: Kris Humprhies is staying with Nets on two-year deal valued at $24 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I like how Net fans say "Brook Lopez missed 61 games" like it's a good thing. He missed with a stress fracture of his foot. Missing a season with an injury that is a structural problem and not a "i fell and hurt something" problem is not a positive.
what are you talking about? Yao was fine with his feet after that first stress fracture. oh wait.


and, yes, nyets fans, I do understand why they signed this deal (to be able to take more shit back from the magic in january), but it doesnt make it any better of a deal.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #51
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe
 
It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 7,505
Default Re: Kris Humprhies is staying with Nets on two-year deal valued at $24 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
you do realize that there is a whole half of the game that is defense? and that asik was basically the best defender, statistically, in the entire league last year? he played quite a few 4th quarter minutes over noah. Dude is a potential game changer on the right team. and hes signing at about the right level for a solid true center. Who cares if he doesnt demand the ball on offense? As long as he sets screens and knows his limited role, hes worth it.
And hump was 5th in rebounding overall. As a PF.. To go along with his marvelous rebounding he averaged 13 points per game. hump is a much better player then Asik. Hump is a gritty tough player that never backs down. The only thing Asik has on him is moving quicker on his feet.
It's A VC3!!! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #52
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,746
Default Re: Kris Humprhies is staying with Nets on two-year deal valued at $24 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
what are you talking about? Yao was fine with his feet after that first stress fracture. oh wait.


and, yes, nyets fans, I do understand why they signed this deal (to be able to take more shit back from the magic in january), but it doesnt make it any better of a deal.
Because in January Lopez and Humphries will leave the Magic with $15M in cap room two years from now instead of only $5M. Because that was the big issue. Not recreating the Nets kick ass team from 2 years ago sans Deron.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #53
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe
 
It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 7,505
Default Re: Kris Humprhies is staying with Nets on two-year deal valued at $24 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I like how Net fans say "Brook Lopez missed 61 games" like it's a good thing. He missed with a stress fracture of his foot. Missing a season with an injury that is a structural problem and not a "i fell and hurt something" problem is not a positive.
Highlight the part where you believe I implied Lopez being injured was a positive... I said that the nets had a huge void with him being gone and will be ecstatic to have him back.. If he's injured it's terrible obviously.
It's A VC3!!! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #54
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,746
Default Re: Kris Humprhies is staying with Nets on two-year deal valued at $24 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
Highlight the part where you believe I implied Lopez being injured was a positive... I said that the nets had a huge void with him being gone and will be ecstatic to have him back.. If he's injured it's terrible obviously.
Not you, every analysis of the Nets assumes Lopez not only being back but being awesome. It's as likely his foot snaps as he becomes a 20-10 force. It's ignored completely. To me it's like when people say "if Amare is the old Amare", yes IF. That's a huge freaking if. Lopez coming off that injury grabbing board, defending, moving like crazy - that's an IF.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #55
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe
 
It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 7,505
Default Re: Kris Humprhies is staying with Nets on two-year deal valued at $24 million

Niko, your displeasure in the nets succeeding demonstrates a huge weakness. Do you hear net fans ragging on the Knicks. Did you hear me criticize not signing Lin and signing Felton? I praised the Felton signing. The way you comment on every move the nets make with negativity is extremely annoying. The Knicks history is shame should not open a path of hate for you aimed toasted the nets.
It's A VC3!!! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #56
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,446
Default Re: Kris Humprhies is staying with Nets on two-year deal valued at $24 million

A big heavy guy like Lopez out the whole season with a foot injury? That is generally bad news for the future of a player like that.

We all hope it's an isolated incident, but the history of big men with foot injuries gives us the right to be skeptical about his health.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #57
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,746
Default Re: Kris Humprhies is staying with Nets on two-year deal valued at $24 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
Niko, your displeasure in the nets succeeding demonstrates a huge weakness. Do you hear net fans ragging on the Knicks. Did you hear me criticize not signing Lin and signing Felton? I praised the Felton signing. The way you comment on every move the nets make with negativity is extremely annoying. The Knicks history is shame should not open a path of hate for you aimed toasted the nets.
I've said for like five weeks the Nets should sign Humphries and i said in this thread that while it's overvalued (it is) it's a good signing. So go away.

You are a total homer thus you cannot accept Humphries is overpaid albeit necessary. Like i want Lin to be. But i'm not a homer, so i can say he will be overpaid.

Let me rephrase, i am a bit of a homer, but not delusional like you.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #58
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe
 
It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 7,505
Default Re: Kris Humprhies is staying with Nets on two-year deal valued at $24 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I've said for like five weeks the Nets should sign Humphries and i said in this thread that while it's overvalued (it is) it's a good signing. So go away.

You are a total homer thus you cannot accept Humphries is overpaid albeit necessary. Like i want Lin to be. But i'm not a homer, so i can say he will be overpaid.

Let me rephrase, i am a bit of a homer, but not delusional like you.

He isn't overpaid though. He earned 10 million last season. He is earning a couple million more this season. Overpaid is going from a rookie contract to 10 million a year. (Lin, others) He has earned this money. He played on consecutive one year deals and proved that he can be a double double machine. Joe Johnson is overpaid though. He earned 10 million last year and nobody said he was overpaid. He earned 2 million more and all of a sudden he is the most overpaid player. Even though he finished 5th in rebounding in the NBA. He 27 and will continue to polish other parts of his game and get better.
It's A VC3!!! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #59
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,746
Default Re: Kris Humprhies is staying with Nets on two-year deal valued at $24 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
He isn't overpaid though. He earned 10 million last season. He is earning a couple million more this season. Overpaid is going from a rookie contract to 10 million a year. (Lin, others) He has earned this money. He played on consecutive one year deals and proved that he can be a double double machine. Joe Johnson is overpaid though. He earned 10 million last year and nobody said he was overpaid. He earned 2 million more and all of a sudden he is the most overpaid player. Even though he finished 5th in rebounding in the NBA. He 27 and will continue to polish other parts of his game and get better.
No other team would pony up $8M a year but the Nets gave him $12M a year. Why is that?
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #60
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe
 
It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 7,505
Default Re: Kris Humprhies is staying with Nets on two-year deal valued at $24 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
No other team would pony up $8M a year but the Nets gave him $12M a year. Why is that?
Bobcats offered him 28/3. That's 9 mill a year. I heard NOONE saying he was overpaid last year at 10 million so nobody has the right to say he's overpaid at 2 million more.
It's A VC3!!! is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy