Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Chris Douglas Roberts

As you all know we just signed him. I hope he gets the final roster spot. Perfect fit. Backup Metta and Ebanks. Perfect.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Re: Chris Douglas Roberts

More info: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=11039
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They only signed him to a training camp contract. He's supposed to play in the D-League and not make the roster. This is what I saw:

Quote:
Dave McMenamin: Chris Douglas-Roberts was a surprise to see today. The Lakers signed him to a training camp contract, w/ hope he will play for the D-Fenders Twitter @mcten
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:53 AM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I dont think thats legal....

Players that are three years or more in the league cannot be signed and then assigned to a D-League team.

People are saying really good things about this guy. Doesn't make sense to me because he's been around long enough to earn an NBA roster spot...Weird.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:32 AM   #5
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I dont think thats legal....

Players that are three years or more in the league cannot be signed and then assigned to a D-League team.

People are saying really good things about this guy. Doesn't make sense to me because he's been around long enough to earn an NBA roster spot...Weird.

Everybody that attends training camp gets some kind of pay. I don't think those contracts work the same as the guys who already have spots.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:32 AM   #6
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I say lets see how he does in pre season and review him after that...
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:06 AM   #7
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool
Talking Re: Chris Douglas Roberts

Not a bad pick up!! Kid has potential!! Well has a chance to fight for a spot at SF!! Equal to Ebanks in some way!! Lol Lakers!! I think are going to make a small trade!! For another defensive minded SF!!! Sooner or later!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #8
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Everybody that attends training camp gets some kind of pay. I don't think those contracts work the same as the guys who already have spots.
They get paid a Per Diem and expenses
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #9
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i didn't know the lakers signed him until i saw the boxscores. i remember him leading the nets in scoring a few times..and that he had some sort of attitude problems
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #10
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If CDR lived up to half of his hype he'd be a multiple time all-star by now.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
If CDR lived up to half of his hype he'd be a multiple time all-star by now.

He's a 3rd year player....
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #12
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

TryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation here

I remember this kid he has potential. If ebanks is going to be kobes main back up I'd say keep him.
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:59 AM   #13
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryToBeUnbias
I remember this kid he has potential. If ebanks is going to be kobes main back up I'd say keep him.

Ebanks is Metta's backup at SF
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #14
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

TryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Ebanks is Metta's backup at SF

I'd still keep him around
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:15 AM   #15
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
He's a 3rd year player....

naaaw... you dont get it.

people had This dude going places,he (I was one of them) was supposed to blow.

And, on top of that, I was DYING for the lakers to pick him up. I honesty, thought he was going to be a true diamond in the rough. I thought he was going to blow and be a legit superstar ala dwade. His game is smooth, and he has a nice shooting touch. I actually think his game is aesthetically pleasing.

damn. I really hope he can pull it together and turn his career around.

After, kobe is gone(VERY SAD DAY FOR ME)

I'm hoping that the second coming of jesus (I'm kidding) Kyrie Irving comes to LA for a reasonable contract and CDR blows up, we keep Dwight and Ebanks become a legit lock down defender who can knock down an open jumper and slash and finish.

We would be a nice young team that is VERY good with 2 legit superstars and hopefully CDR turns into a star.

I really don't understand wat went wrong with CDR

Last edited by MJ(Mean John) : 10-10-2012 at 05:18 AM.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: