Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-25-2006, 11:22 PM   #16
Unregistered

i will bet anyone that patrick o'bryant will be a bust.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:05 AM   #17
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

I hope Redick goes to a team that uses him properly and doesn't end up being the next Trajan Langdon. ie: awesome shooter in a leaugue of dunkers!
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:16 AM   #18
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwillreg
Tyrus Thomas. There is no way that this dude will crack 10 points per game in the pros. He has no jump shot and will never fufill his potential. He is a little overhyped too if you ask me.

Patrick O'Bryant. He plays in the Missouri Valley Conference at 7' and still can't dominate. He has a long way to go and I don't think he will have good enough coaching to fufill his potential.

LaMarcus Aldridge. He is soft and can't rebound. He is overrated and doesn't have enough game to fufill his expectations.

Thabo Sefolsha. He is supposivly going to play small foward in the NBA and doesn't have enough athleticism to hang with them. He also doesn't have the J to play shooting guard.

Jordan Farmar. His career points per game average will be under 6. I watched him at the Orlando camp and he looked average to below average compared to all the other late second round picks to undrafted free agents. He doesn't have the game now and thinks he is better than he is.

Joel Freeland. Anyone who expects him to be "the sleeper of the draft" is wrong. He will make a fine 9th or 10th man but will have trouble translating to our game in the USA.

i agree about the o'bryant guy.i saw him play in a game locally(he didn't even start) and he wasn't doing anything to even remotely show a bit of nba level talent.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:53 AM   #19
317Blu&Gold
Can barely lace up my sneakers

"Busts" are usually guys picked high in the draft and with that in mind, Aldridge needed to stay in school. He's way too soft to be banging with the big boys in the NBA. It's really hard to say. I think Tyrus Thomas got alot of pub b/c of his leaping ability, but what people fail to realize is he is a very good defender and shot blocker so there is no way u can be considered a bust if you are a good defender. No one said TT was going to average 20 ppg. But he will change nearly any shot that comes towards the basket. Tyson Chandler can't score to save his life but he plays defense and in the NBA, a good defender is always a welcome addition. As far as the guy way at the top that said Morrison would be a bust, don't count on it. His determination is going to take him along way b/c he's the type of kid that is going to thrive off of people saying he can't do this or that, ala Larry Bird...Not saying he is the next coming of Bird, but he will be productive in the league.
317Blu&Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:54 AM   #20
317Blu&Gold
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowblok
I hope Redick goes to a team that uses him properly and doesn't end up being the next Trajan Langdon. ie: awesome shooter in a leaugue of dunkers!

Its not going to matter b/c JJ wont be able to get his shot off as easily as he did in college.
317Blu&Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:45 AM   #21
disco
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 317Blu&Gold
Its not going to matter b/c JJ wont be able to get his shot off as easily as he did in college.

I partly agree. However, the defenses payed so much attention to Reddick that he often had to take quite difficult shots in college too. I guess he will get different kinds of shots in the NBA. NBA teams won't run that many plays where he can shoot of picks, instead he will get more open spots after drives or passes from the post.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:54 PM   #22
Da Ville baller

Exclamation caution RONDO - BUST!!!

I'm from KY and I saw this one coming a mile away.
Rajon Rondo is going to be the biggest bust since Gerald Fitch...oh my bad Tony Delk...ooops Eric Daniels...uummm Wayne Turner....uhhhh Travis Ford...ooops again Scott Padgett??

Do you see where I'm going with this..?? Rondo should've known to stay in college for another season at least, and work on a jump shot. This guy could't hit a jumper if we told'em he could have sex with Halle Berry when he makes it!! My 2 cents..Rajon Rondo highly over rated and will not last 2 seasons in the league
Old 06-28-2006, 06:53 PM   #23
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

there's no way morrison's gonna be a bust. He's way too determined, way too skilled, and way too willing to work on every aspect of his game, and that includes defense.

I'm baffled at why the percentage of people who see that Aldridge is gonna be abust is anything short of 100%. His softness is staring you right in the face.
WADE MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:32 AM   #24
kumquat
College superstar

Default Re: Whose gonna be the biggest bust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WADE MONEY
there's no way morrison's gonna be a bust. He's way too determined, way too skilled, and way too willing to work on every aspect of his game, and that includes defense.

bussssss....t
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:40 AM   #25
wally_world
M0derator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat
bussssss....t

well... i turns out Morrison and Reddick are the biggest bust...

btw... how come unregistered users are allowed to make new threads?
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:44 PM   #26
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

Too bad nothing else turned out to be even close... Tyrus Thomas a bust? What were you smoking. Bargnani a bust? Yeah, sure. Obviously, this guy has no ability to judge basketball players. Divac was an icon of the world. And Adam Morrison might not have been average, but he will be better this year. He has to.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:34 PM   #27
Defo
I brick open layups

Nice to see a year-old thread get new life.

Turns out, the biggest busts: Morrison and O'Bryant (kid pretty much spent the year in the D-League and barely contributed there, whatever roster spot he might have had this year probably belongs to Brandan Wright already).

Aldridge broke out late in the season til he had to miss the last few games, bulked up and dominated summer league, and will be starting at PF for the Blazers. The kid's gonna be good.
Defo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:51 PM   #28
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

Aldridge will probably start at C with Oden out for the year.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:26 PM   #29
JazzyBully

ur gonna be the biggest bust hehehehe
Old 09-26-2007, 12:52 PM   #30
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

Kevin Durant
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: