Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #76
shoops
High School JV MVP

shoops has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Donatas Motiejunas. Future all star.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cermet
I just hope that he gets his minutes. There is no point in starting him if you only play him 15 min a game. Sometimes you have to get through a shooting slump and the rockets are expecting him to shoot 80% percent from the floor instantly it seems.

Also what do you think about his rebounding ? it seems really really streaky for some reason. Last game he got only 1 rebound and the game before he got 6 rebounds in 1Q. Don't really know if he is a good rebounder or not but I guess if he lacks defense the rebounding isn't that great to.

I know they are really different and play different positions but how would you compare

VALANCIUNAS with MOTIEJUNAS?

What are their strengths and weaknesses ? Who has more upside?
Motiejunas will definitely get more minutes over time as far as I can tell. He's getting stronger and improving on the defensive end. Yesterday his shot was pretty off after a few nice buckets close to the basket and he was slow on the defensive end so he got pulled. I think McHale was probably annoyed when he threw a fancy pass to Asik that got lost. I wouldn't worry about his playing time, McHale isn't exactly smart when it comes to rotations anyways.

I think he rebounds pretty well, even if he isn't that strong yet, and I think it has to do with his positioning, and his height helps too. He has good bball iq and he often knows where to position himself and box out. I'm not sure why he only grabbed 1 rebound yesterday, didn't really notice. It might've been because the mavs were making easy buckets in the paint though lol. I'll have to see some more games from him to tell I guess.

I haven't seen enough of Valanciunas tbh, but from what I've seen but he seems to play with more power I suppose, rebounds well and gets blocks but his offense seems raw and probably mostly comes from putbacks and cleanup baskets. Motiejunas' game is based off finesse, he has an impressive post offense repertoire considering his youth, and his passing and bball iq is pretty good. Motiejunas looks comfortable around the basket and he can spin with no hesitation and leave defenders in the dust. I don't know who will be the better player, but if Motiejunas can improve his defense and get stronger he'll be very well off.
shoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #77
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
wtf?? you just told me before that Motiejunas was crap(defensively)

He is right now... that doesn't mean he always will be. He's flat out missing defensive assignments (example "not getting back"), which tells me his knowledge level is not there yet, but he's a ROOKIE so I expect him to improve. He's not a vet.. hence why he isn't or shouldn't have been getting vet minutes. He's a developing player, part of that development process is playing a limited role (especially when he's hurting the team on the defensive end) and not putting too much on his plate. You expect the Rockets to just throw him out there, "team be damned" and that is flat out wrong.. especially smack dab in the middle of a heated playoff race.

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 03-07-2013 at 03:17 PM.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #78
Funnyfuka
National High School Star

Funnyfuka is starting to rub some people the wrong way

another euro who will never be up to the challenge of facing afro american skill and athleticism.

Only the gasol brothers, asik and ginobili (SA) have been up to the challenge.
Funnyfuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #79
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnyfuka
another euro who will never be up to the challenge of facing afro american skill and athleticism.

Only the gasol brothers, asik and ginobili (SA) have been up to the challenge.

Asik = from Turkey.

Turkey =/= Europe.

So therefore Asik =/= Euro
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #80
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9512
Asik = from Turkey.

Turkey =/= Europe.

All teams from Turkey (including national) play in European competitions and part of Turkey is in Europe...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #81
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Asik = from Turkey.

Turkey =/= Europe.

Isn't Ginobili from Argentina?
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #82
steve franchise
Local High School Star

steve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Then they should have traded him ,there would have been plenty of teams who think he IS that good.

If you say so. He was drafted 20th for a reason. lol @ "plenty of teams".
steve franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #83
tgan3
Local High School Star

tgan3 has decent reputation

Hes like a Dirk Nowitzki ver 2.0. Possible he can be great or be someone like barganni
tgan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:07 AM   #84
Cermet
Local High School Star

Cermet has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve franchise
If you say so. He was drafted 20th for a reason. lol @ "plenty of teams".

And drafting is like the most precise science of all....
Cermet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:12 AM   #85
hon hon hon eat snails

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
All teams from Turkey (including national) play in European competitions and part of Turkey is in Europe...

I meant eurozone wise....(I think)...

I know even friggin Turkish Airlines sponsors the Euroleague
Old 03-08-2013, 04:13 AM   #86
hon hon hon eat snails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
Isn't Ginobili from Argentina?

Yes. But he also has dual citizenship with Italy (with his Argentinian).
Old 03-08-2013, 04:22 AM   #87
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgan3
Hes like a Dirk Nowitzki ver 2.0. Possible he can be great or be someone like barganni

I am not saying he's going to be Dirk, but he can't be Bargnani. D-Mo is way better rebounder already and he's ain't soft.
Sakkreth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:37 AM   #88
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

East_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

more like

East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:40 AM   #89
noob cake
Good college starter

noob cake has not been impressing people

Umm Dirk and Barg are jump shooters.

DMo is a post player who can shoot.
noob cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:41 AM   #90
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob cake
Umm Dirk and Barg are jump shooters.

DMo is a post player who can shoot.

Yeah that's the main difference.
Sakkreth is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: