Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool
Default Raps in Serious Talks with John Lucas III

Quote:

The Raptors are "in serious talks" with John Lucas III, reports Marc Stein of ESPN.com. According to Stein, Toronto is close to a deal to sign Lucas away from the Bulls, with Chicago resigned to losing the 5'11" guard.

The Raptors have been considering signing a third point guard to play behind Kyle Lowry and Jose Calderon, and perhaps become Lowry's primary backup if Calderon is traded. While Lucas is hardly a big name, he had a quietly effective season for the Bulls in 2011/12, as we noted earlier today in our list of top remaining free agents by PER. The 29-year-old's 16.3 PER puts him second among available point guards. Lucas also averaged 7.5 points and 2.2 assists in 14.8 minutes per game, all career highs.

I don't mind....
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #2
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation
Default Re: Raps in Serious Talks with John Lucas III

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvjjE...layer_embedded

If it means we get to see this.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:39 AM   #3
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

read it's a multi-year deal we're discussing with him ...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #4
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
read it's a multi-year deal we're discussing with him ...

bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #5
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It can't be a mult-year deal. That wouldn't make any sense for a 3rd-string PG.

I assume the plan is for him to be only the 3rd stringer. Lucas is 30 years old and he sucks. Not exactly the type of player you want to devote any minutes to. The only positive of his game is that he shot the 3 well last year. Whether that is his true ability or merely the product of a small sample size, we don't know yet.

I hated it when the Raptors just let Bayless go and hating it even more now.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #6
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

Not gonna lie this scrub has a sick name
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #7
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Did BC get the digits?
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #8
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We don't need him this year, let alone for multiple years. Good ol BC.
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #9
neilio23
I hit open layups

neilio23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison_Barnes
We don't need him this year, let alone for multiple years. Good ol BC.

What a pointless signing....

Why not just call someone up from the NBDL. Worst case they aren't of any use to the team, and best case, they earn a spot on the roster. Not to mention, they'd be significantly cheaper. It's not like our 3rd string PG is going to see a bunch of minutes. Unless...there is some trade in the works for Calderon (which I suppose is likely).
neilio23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #10
baller1523
Can barely lace up my sneakers

baller1523 has an OK reputation so far

Honestly why not give the money to Bobby Brown or Ben Uzoh if they want a 3rd string

Bobby Brown been on the raptors summer league for like 4 years now im sure he know the coaching staff and will ok with his role and he is friends with Demar
baller1523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #11
neilio23
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller1523
Honestly why not give the money to Bobby Brown or Ben Uzoh if they want a 3rd string

Bobby Brown been on the raptors summer league for like 4 years now im sure he know the coaching staff and will ok with his role and he is friends with Demar

I completely forgot about Ben Uzoh. He played well for us towards the end of last year (he was on a few 10-day contracts if I recall...). Perhaps this signing just means the FO is getting ready to ship Calderon, and so we're really signing a second string pg for our team.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #12
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilio23
I completely forgot about Ben Uzoh. He played well for us towards the end of last year (he was on a few 10-day contracts if I recall...). Perhaps this signing just means the FO is getting ready to ship Calderon, and so we're really signing a second string pg for our team.
If that was the case, they should've just kept Bayless who is much better than Lucas.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:50 AM   #13
neilio23
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
If that was the case, they should've just kept Bayless who is much better than Lucas.

Ya, you're right. No matter how I try to interpret this potential signing, I am left perplexed.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #14
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

John Lucas's deal with the Raptors is believed to be worth $3 million over two years, with the second year a team option.

https://twitter.com/MarkDeeksNBA/sta...46389873831937
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: