Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #16
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Flyers are sooooo winning the Cup this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Far from a hockey fan bro. If you asked me to name the starters on the Flyers? I'd fail miserably. Its just that the local sports news are talkin about this Weber guy. I'm just goofing around. Honestly have no clue about the sport or the people that play besides the marquee names like Crosby, Ovy. And even there I'm limited because I couldnt name another top player if you offered me $100.

I will say the Flyers go after it. They make some high risk decisions. I mean they come up short winning it all. But looking at teams like the Sixers, Phillies or even Eagles. The risk taking isnt there much. These franchises play it safe too much. Roll the dice. Live a little like the Flyers.
i hate ed snider he never gave a shit about the sixers when he owned them but throws so much money around with the flyers.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles p
i hate ed snider he never gave a shit about the sixers when he owned them but throws so much money around with the flyers.

Yup me and a friend was talkin about that. He didnt give two shyts about the Sixers. Flyers? He loves them dearly. Its hilarious.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #18
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Yup me and a friend was talkin about that. He didnt give two shyts about the Sixers. Flyers? He loves them dearly. Its hilarious.
yeah but as im getting more and more into hockey he is gaining some respect. he has owned the flyers since the beginning during the whole broad street bullies era. btw you ever seen the broad street bullies documentary on hbo? shit is good.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #19
liquidrage
Banned

liquidrage has decent reputationliquidrage has decent reputation

Quote:
Far from a hockey fan bro. If you asked me to name the starters on the Flyers? I'd fail miserably. Its just that the local sports news are talkin about this Weber guy. I'm just goofing around. Honestly have no clue about the sport or the people that play besides the marquee names like Crosby, Ovy. And even there I'm limited because I couldnt name another top player if you offered me $100.

I will say the Flyers go after it. They make some high risk decisions. I mean they come up short winning it all. But looking at teams like the Sixers, Phillies or even Eagles. The risk taking isnt there much. These franchises play it safe too much. Roll the dice. Live a little like the Flyers.

Hockey doesn't really have starters but...
If you live in Philly you can name Giroux. And if you can't you:

Haven't left your house in 2 years
Only go to ISH online
Only watch NBA TV

It's ****ing Giroux man.
liquidrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #20
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here

Everyone knows that the kings are going to win 5 in a row dynasty!!!
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #21
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Too bad there will be no season.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #22
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Too bad there will be no season.
Really?
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidrage
Hockey doesn't really have starters but...
If you live in Philly you can name Giroux. And if you can't you:

Haven't left your house in 2 years
Only go to ISH online
Only watch NBA TV

It's ****ing Giroux man.

Yeah not sure what you call Hockey "starters". Guessing lines? And I couldnt name Giroux, thats how far I'm from hockey. When they talk it on local sports I change channel or in one ear out the other. I do remember the big gigantic defensive players they signed like 2-3yrs ago. Think he battled a concussion last season. Pronger? I just cant get into the sport. I try to watch and its a bunch of passing up and down the ice. Then I hate when the other team hits the puck down the other end and its icing. Everyone skates around in circles until the puck is dropped again.

If I go to a hockey game it'll be to sit behind goalie or along the glass.

I know Briere as well.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #24
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy has a bad reputationDaHeezy has a bad reputationDaHeezy has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
For a defensemen yeah. Almost got 20 goals last year which is wild. Probably the 2nd best offensive defensemen behind E.Karlsson but a waaaay better defender. IMO anyways.

Green and Doughty are still better.

Reason Weber scores so much is they rely on his Howitzer on the PP. He can't create like a Doughty or Karlsson. But I will say he is THE best d-man in the league. I wanted him bad.

I gotta agree, Flyers are stacked. It should be sweet redemption since a whole bunch of ex-Flyers just won the cup

Last edited by DaHeezy : 07-19-2012 at 11:57 PM.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:12 AM   #25
HAzE024
KRYPTONATE!

HAzE024 has decent reputationHAzE024 has decent reputation

God what is it with Philly and July championships? Dream Team, Dynasty, 4 Aces, yada yada yada. You wouldn't think this was a city with one sports championship since 1980. I don't know a thing about hockey but the message is starting to ring a little hollow
HAzE024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:24 AM   #26
stallionaire
UNITED WE RUN #WOLVES

stallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Wild are better this year. Suter and Parise!
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #27
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAzE024
God what is it with Philly and July championships? Dream Team, Dynasty, 4 Aces, yada yada yada. You wouldn't think this was a city with one sports championship since 1980. I don't know a thing about hockey but the message is starting to ring a little hollow

2 actually, but yea.
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #28
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
We signed Weber. Anyone playing fantasy hockey he'd be a steal. He's top 10 material maybe top 5 because Flyers are deep. He aint never been on a team like this. This is awesome, I dont even know the guys first name. I know he's one of the best in the game though. What position is he? F*ck it, scorer.

NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:11 AM   #29
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
Really?
The initial NHL CBA offer does not make me hopeful.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #30
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy has a bad reputationDaHeezy has a bad reputationDaHeezy has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallionaire
Wild are better this year. Suter and Parise!

And who? Heatley's old, they don't have any real quality D, and goalie is OK. These 2 bring them into the playoffs, but our division is still too strong. Vancouver, LA, still run the show.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: