Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #31
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Flyers are sooooo winning the Cup this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
And who? Heatley's old, they don't have any real quality D, and goalie is OK. These 2 bring them into the playoffs, but our division is still too strong. Vancouver, LA, still run the show.

.... L.a still runs the show.
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #32
code green
Boston Tank Party

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
The initial NHL CBA offer does not make me hopeful.

yeah, it was brutal. you'd figure after losing a year the owners would lighten up on their demands a bit.

And to get back on topic:

code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #33
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Top 3 D, alot consider him the best. Dam poor Nashville. Lost both Weber and Suter? D core took a massive hit.

Bouillon went back to Montreal. Not as big of a loss, but can't afford to lose any more d-men when Weber and Suter are already gone.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #34
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
They signed Shea Weber to an offer sheet, the Predators can match it and keep him. They probably will as well because they are so under the cap. I wouldn't count on him becoming a Flyer.

Exactly.

I thought it was very amusing that GOBB started a hockey thread. I'm proud that he actually gives a shit tho.

Hockey >>> baseball
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #35
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

Quote:
Green and Doughty are still better.

Reason Weber scores so much is they rely on his Howitzer on the PP. He can't create like a Doughty or Karlsson. But I will say he is THE best d-man in the league. I wanted him bad.

I gotta agree, Flyers are stacked. It should be sweet redemption since a whole bunch of ex-Flyers just won the cup
Hope you're not referring to mike green. He's garbage on d bro. Great slapshot tho.

Weber is the best d-man hands down IMO.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #36
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy has a bad reputationDaHeezy has a bad reputationDaHeezy has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
Hope you're not referring to mike green. He's garbage on d bro. Great slapshot tho.

Weber is the best d-man hands down IMO.

Not trying to be an ass but you didn't read my post quite thoroughly.

We were talking about the best offensive defenseman. And I did also say Weber is the best defenseman hands down in the league.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #37
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy has a bad reputationDaHeezy has a bad reputationDaHeezy has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGordon23
.... L.a still runs the show.

Touche.

But he's an interesting fact. Every team in the last 4 years that's won the cup has gone through Vancouver
Old 07-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #38
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

Quote:
Not trying to be an ass but you didn't read my post quite thoroughly.

We were talking about the best offensive defenseman. And I did also say Weber is the best defenseman hands down in the league.
O my bad, sorry bro. In that case I agree.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #39
liquidrage
Banned

liquidrage has decent reputationliquidrage has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Yeah not sure what you call Hockey "starters". Guessing lines? And I couldnt name Giroux, thats how far I'm from hockey. When they talk it on local sports I change channel or in one ear out the other. I do remember the big gigantic defensive players they signed like 2-3yrs ago. Think he battled a concussion last season. Pronger? I just cant get into the sport. I try to watch and its a bunch of passing up and down the ice. Then I hate when the other team hits the puck down the other end and its icing. Everyone skates around in circles until the puck is dropped again.

If I go to a hockey game it'll be to sit behind goalie or along the glass.

I know Briere as well.

There are Giroux jersey's all over town. I built (not owned) the two biggest Flyers sites online. And am a huge Flyers fan. If Sheed can love it, you can too.

Go to a game. It will change you. Trust me. And if you're in Philly one think you know if it is a hockey town. Eagles and Phillies come first. But it's one of the rare town that cares about hockey as much as basketball if not more.
liquidrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #40
DaHeezy
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
O my bad, sorry bro. In that case I agree.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #41
DaHeezy
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidrage
There are Giroux jersey's all over town. I built (not owned) the two biggest Flyers sites online. And am a huge Flyers fan. If Sheed can love it, you can too.

Go to a game. It will change you. Trust me. And if you're in Philly one think you know if it is a hockey town. Eagles and Phillies come first. But it's one of the rare town that cares about hockey as much as basketball if not more.

I always like the Philly hockey crowd. I love the orange in the stands. It's a team I would follow if I wasn't so obsessed with the Canucks. The team has always had a reputation of being badass and it still is.

I always thought Hartnell is a Philly type player in the mold of Bobby Clarke
Old 07-20-2012, 09:42 PM   #42
stallionaire
UNITED WE RUN #WOLVES

stallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Wild are stacked this year. Do you guys not remember our hot start? Best team in the league for the first 2 months before injuries ravaged our team. Koivu and Setoguchi tore it up. Now we have to top players in Parise and Suter joining. We're the Hockey-Heat.
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #43
liquidrage
Banned

liquidrage has decent reputationliquidrage has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallionaire
Wild are stacked this year. Do you guys not remember our hot start? Best team in the league for the first 2 months before injuries ravaged our team. Koivu and Setoguchi tore it up. Now we have to top players in Parise and Suter joining. We're the Hockey-Heat.

LULZ
liquidrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #44
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope the Flyers giterdone, but I tend to doubt that it happens. Something always goes wrong, even when the 'Bullies have the most talent in the league. Something always goes wrong, and the last time they really did win was in the mid 70's, when they went from a sad expansion team to the most badass team in the league. But GOBB, why the hell do you care, anyway? You don't exactly fit the profile for a hockey fan...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:06 PM   #45
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Touche.

But he's an interesting fact. Every team in the last 4 years that's won the cup has gone through Vancouver

Haha yeah I read on Twitter that for the canucks to win the stanley cup were going to have to buy Phoenix and make them a vancouver team too
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: