Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
Raz

Default Trade Rumor: Dwight to LA?

So it's looking like talks are heating up over the next 2 weeks - I hope you guys get him over the Rockets - the Magic will ruin young players like Lamb, Jones, White etc.

+ I want the Lakers in the Finals this year.

A gift from a Celtic fan to the Lakers.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

Default Re: Dwight to LA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz
So it's looking like talks are heating up over the next 2 weeks - I hope you guys get him over the Rockets - the Magic will ruin young players like Lamb, Jones, White etc.

thanks, very nice dream at this point... but even with Bynum, that's
a nice starting 5!!!
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:46 AM   #3
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

The word from a ton of sources is that Howard has agreed to join the Lakers and extend long term. No confirmation yet that Bynum will do the same, I assume he will but.......

Out before Stern talks to the other owners and cancels the deal for basketball reasons...
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:50 AM   #4
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

Exclamation Re: Dwight to LA?

How did howards surgery go??? Haven't heard anything!!!

Quote:
Home → Collections → Orlando Magic Dwight Howard: My back will be ready for the 2012-13 season

11:15 a.m. EST, July 18, 2012 | By Josh Robbins, Orlando Sentinel

Dwight Howard isnít saying much these days, but he did clear up one issue Tuesday night.

The status of his surgically repaired back.

Los Angeles Times columnist T.J. Simers cornered the disgruntled Orlando Magic center as Howard attended a Los Angeles Dodgers game at Dodger Stadium. According to Simers, Howard said his back will be fine by the beginning of the 2012-13 season.

Last edited by mariodeathgrip : 07-19-2012 at 03:04 AM.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:13 AM   #5
takai
Fly for a White Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz

takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #6
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz

Wow!!!! This is great.....and shocking to get from a Celtics fan!!!

Thanks
Old 07-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
Da Kobester
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
thanks, very nice dream at this point... but even with Bynum, that's
a nice starting 5!!!
Agree to a certain extent coz with Bynum (imo) our starting lineup would then have to rely heavily on little Stevie Nash to be our savoir and difference maker from a year ago. True that Nash will put everyone in their natural respected positions and spread the floor with pick n rolls especially (the pick & pop's} "with Gasol" therefore will make everyone else around him that much better eliminating a stagnant Lakers offense from a year ago with the ball just dying in Kobe's hands. Now with D-Ho added will make up for the deficiencies of Nash on defense and erasing the mistakes as a team in general. D-Ho is more reliable,efficient, consistent and a formidable shot blocker then drew and pose's a threat on offensive and most importantly strikes fear in the opponents eyes defensively! Thank God Dwight-mare is on the verge of ending.
Da Kobester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #8
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

Thank you Raz. We appreciate your support :)

So guys, I have a question for yall......

Are you all glad that Stern F******* us up last year?

.....I guess at the end of the day... EVERYTHING DOES HAPPEN FOR A REASON.

This is way much better than the Cp3 deal..
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

This is very exciting news.

Dont worry about bynum either. I thought Cleveland was one of the teams on his list anyways. Thats why cleveland was brought in. Lucky them. After Dan Gilbert tried to screw us, we still show him our generosity .

I said once before and was attacked, if the lakers want a certain player, they will go ahead and get that player.

Lets see what happens.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #10
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Thank you Raz. We appreciate your support :)

So guys, I have a question for yall......

Are you all glad that Stern F******* us up last year?

.....I guess at the end of the day... EVERYTHING DOES HAPPEN FOR A REASON.

This is way much better than the Cp3 deal..

No, I am not glad.......CP3 is MUCH younger than Nash, we would still be trading Bynum for Howard, still get Jamison.......the only real difference is that we wouldn't have Pau......well, let's see how he plays this year before we celebrate on that

Who knows, maybe we'd be the champs right now with CP3
Old 07-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #11
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

If Dwight is smart...he should realize Kobe & Nash is about to retire, by then he will be the #1 option. He may never see another big gathering of superstars...so he should try to work it out as best as possible as opportunuties come, that way if he win at least one championship with 4 superstars, he don't have to be so desperate later on to win at least one when he is near retiring...and just enjoy. I'm not saying he should do that, but it's a good personal plan C or plan D
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #12
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
No, I am not glad.......CP3 is MUCH younger than Nash, we would still be trading Bynum for Howard, still get Jamison.......the only real difference is that we wouldn't have Pau......well, let's see how he plays this year before we celebrate on that

Who knows, maybe we'd be the champs right now with CP3
Yeah, but it would just be a Big 3 now.. would it?

I'd take take Big 4 over Big 3... F*** THAT!
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:19 PM   #13
Clipps0209
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Instead of Dwight I think Lakers should worry more about a bench and amnesty Artest! Nash great PG and will help a lot but cant stop Westbrook or Parker OR Paul. I would focus on defense and a bench. Heat are champs and have nice bench now.OKC and Spurs good bench! Artest is a good defensive player but not worth the money and the headache.

Kobe has 3 solid years left, make moves now
Clipps0209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:39 AM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipps0209
Instead of Dwight I think Lakers should worry more about a bench and amnesty Artest! Nash great PG and will help a lot but cant stop Westbrook or Parker OR Paul. I would focus on defense and a bench. Heat are champs and have nice bench now.OKC and Spurs good bench! Artest is a good defensive player but not worth the money and the headache.

Kobe has 3 solid years left, make moves now

The reason I wouldn't amnesty Artest is probably because hes the most active out there. His hustle and will to take on the best player every night gets others fired up. We also got Ron ron for cheap too to be honest. I wouldn't consider him an amnesty guy. With Nash, I predict he'd make more of his open shots. All he would have to do is play D and get open where he is comfortable.

Regarding defending Westbrook or the other guys....honestly who can guard them one on one? We'd need to have a good defensive scheme. Mike Brown's game plan against the thunder kept the lakers close, and leading for a while too, until they choked. I trust that Brown's defensive schemes will take care of those guards. For now, we need as much talent as we can get. By adding Nash and Antawn Jamison, this group is full of talent that is willing to blend in to win. That is a big plus.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:49 AM   #15
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

Cool Re: Dwight to LA?

Lol artest would sign with the clips!!!

Oh we trade for Howard if his back holds up two rings!! Then end of lakers era!! Gasol will sign with Memphis Kobe retires and then dam!!! Lol I say a package of Gasol for Howard would have been better!!! lol
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: