Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-23-2007, 01:23 PM   #31
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

After watching 24 for the past couple weeks for the first time, I gotta say, I was expecting for the action to jump out of the tv and blast me into convulsions over how awesomely cool the show is, but somehow that just didnt happen.

Its just the way everyone has been talking about 24 as if watching it will add years to your life and increase your sperm count and make your ***** hotter and your wang longer etc. Before I saw a second of it, I would be watching some channel completely unrelated to fox or 24 that would all "OMG THE NEW SEASON OF 24 THIS WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE 4EVA!!!!1" and i'd be like "dude...there's no way *any* show could be *that* good."

Then I was like ok **** it, im gonna watch, nothing else is on. And after a while I was like "damn...i was right." Its a good show and i might keep watching it but i'm not going to reorder my life around every episode like I thought was unavoidably going to happen.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:25 PM   #32
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
After watching 24 for the past couple weeks for the first time, I gotta say, I was expecting for the action to jump out of the tv and blast me into convulsions over how awesomely cool the show is, but somehow that just didnt happen.

Its just the way everyone has been talking about 24 as if watching it will add years to your life and increase your sperm count and make your ***** hotter and your wang longer etc. Before I saw a second of it, I would be watching some channel completely unrelated to fox or 24 that would all "OMG THE NEW SEASON OF 24 THIS WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE 4EVA!!!!1" and i'd be like "dude...there's no way *any* show could be *that* good."

Then I was like ok **** it, im gonna watch, nothing else is on. And after a while I was like "damn...i was right." Its a good show and i might keep watching it but i'm not going to reorder my life around every episode like I thought was unavoidably going to happen.

whenever you're out that night, just watch it the next morning on youtube
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:27 PM   #33
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default .

This season hasn't really picked up yet though in all fairness. I'm almost done watching season 3 on DVD and it's crazy. It probably took 7 episodes for it to totally pick up.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:32 PM   #34
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

season 3 was an awkward season with all the storylines. of course it would have been slow.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:35 PM   #35
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I mean that after the first third of the show, it became really good.

Hard to top the original season though with the way it ended.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:51 PM   #36
thekavorka
Good High School Starter

thekavorka has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84

I recommend anyone who has not seen Season 1 to go out and rent the DVDs. Those will change your life forever.

After Season 1, I think the seasons have gotten progressively worse and worse. They've become more and more ridiculous (pretty much all of season 4 and season 5). With that said, it's still one of the best shows on TV and really fun to watch if you know other people in to the show.
thekavorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:59 PM   #37
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Season 3 was by far the worst.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:06 PM   #38
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The one I liked was the one when the guys tried to get there dad out of prison or whatever. Season 2 I think?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:11 PM   #39
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We have a "24" topic in the OFF COURT forum. Try using it next time.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:15 PM   #40
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Zaza

are any prior girls even in the ballpark?

My favorite is Kate Warner in season 2, she had a girl next door look and wasn't annoying.

bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:20 PM   #41
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Default .

Kate Warner was the hottest older woman on the show...until that new chick came this year.

And the one where the father gets broken out is season 1.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:22 PM   #42
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

any predictions as to how far jack torturing his brother will go? i personally think the son will come looking for him or something and it'll get broken up.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:09 PM   #43
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool
Default rhw

Prob the wife comes in. Jack should break that kid's face. Good call on the ***** sister, your brother is leading the country through a crisis and your *****ing about all this random civil rights stuff
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:39 PM   #44
chauzer
I brick open layups

chauzer has an OK reputation so far

best

show

ever
chauzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:53 PM   #45
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Default .

Oh, and I like season 3 a lot.

The hotel situation is great.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: