Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-23-2007, 04:22 AM   #136
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuxia
You see the problem though? The Suns didn't get destroyed because the Spurs could not stop Amare. They got destroyed because they could not stop Duncan.

that wasnt there problem...there problem was marion and richardson were invisable on the court and joe johnson was out...there problem was ginobili and parker...you can let duncan get those kind of stats but you have to stop the other players
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:22 AM   #137
in awe
I airball my layups

in awe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
anyways amare>camby this year statwise and team impact wise...if you dont want the past brought up fine

Here's the problem.....Statwise this year, CAMBY IS BETTER. Are you that much of a homer that you can't see that?
in awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:23 AM   #138
in awe
I airball my layups

in awe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
ahhh the suns wouldnt mind having camby but amare works a lot better for them...he gets to the free throw line and demands alot of attention that therefore frees the shooter and the suns are more efficent this year and come playoff time they need someone like amare for there halfcourt game...camby couldnt do this

you are also underrating amare as a defender this year...his help side defense has improved immensely and he is averageing 1.47 bpg and .83 spg when starting...in other years he didnt put out much effort but this year hes doing alot better...i ragged on him earlier this season for his defensive faults but ive seen him improve alot...i watch every game and i would know this

The suns pursued Camby pretty hard a couple years ago. I wonder why
in awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:25 AM   #139
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by in awe
Here's the problem.....Statwise this year, CAMBY IS BETTER. Are you that much of a homer that you can't see that?

lol amare has a big advantage in ppg...fg%...ft%
camby has a big advantage in blocks and rebounds....all those other stats are non existant

amares team is also better...the suns play better on defense with him out there and he keeps on improving since he has been put in the starting line up

i will wear a camby avater for a month if he gets voted in ahead of amare
Old 01-23-2007, 04:26 AM   #140
Wuxia
Local High School Star

Wuxia has decent reputation

Quote:
ahhh the suns wouldnt mind having camby but amare works a lot better for them...he gets to the free throw line and demands alot of attention that therefore frees the shooter and the suns are more efficent this year and come playoff time they need someone like amare for there halfcourt game...camby couldnt do this

you are also underrating amare as a defender this year...his help side defense has improved immensely and he is averageing 1.47 bpg and .83 spg when starting...in other years he didnt put out much effort but this year hes doing alot better...i ragged on him earlier this season for his defensive faults but ive seen him improve alot...i watch every game and i would know this

If you say so. How close do you think he is to 100% now? I'm glad he had a successful recovery.
Wuxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:26 AM   #141
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
The suns pursued Camby pretty hard a couple years ago. I wonder why

lol so he could play amares sidekick...thats all
Old 01-23-2007, 04:29 AM   #142
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
If you say so. How close do you think he is to 100% now? I'm glad he had a successful recovery.

i have no idea...i hate saying a certain %...his second jump and lateral movement is still not back to where it was but he has improved mentally alot
Old 01-23-2007, 04:31 AM   #143
Wuxia
Local High School Star

Quote:
that wasnt there problem...there problem was marion and richardson were invisable on the court and joe johnson was out...there problem was ginobili and parker...you can let duncan get those kind of stats but you have to stop the other players

You act like Jo Johnson was out the entire series. He played 3/5 games and was productive in the games he did play. Nash also had a very productive series. Your problem was obviously your interior defense. Duncan had a field day and Parker and Manu were driving through the lanes at will. You don't think your chances would have been better if you had Camby anchoring?
Old 01-23-2007, 04:32 AM   #144
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation

Quote:
Did you even check Shaq's stats before you decided to throw out that garbage lie?

Shaqs Careers Stats vs Camby stats this year using your logic

RPG
Camby>Shaq (12.6 - 11.8)

APG
Camby>Shaq (2.9 - 2.8)

BPG
Camby>Shaq (2.8 - 2.5)

SPG
Camby>Shaq (0.9 - 0.7)

T.O
Camby>Shaq (1.63 - 2.80)

Your Logic Camby over shaq.

DID YOU EVER READ WHAT PEOPLE POST?????

el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:34 AM   #145
Wuxia
Local High School Star

Quote:
lol amare has a big advantage in ppg...fg%...ft%
camby has a big advantage in blocks and rebounds....all those other stats are non existant

amares team is also better...the suns play better on defense with him out there and he keeps on improving since he has been put in the starting line up

i will wear a camby avater for a month if he gets voted in ahead of amare

Amare is obviously more deserving since his team has the best record in the league and thats a huge factor in coach voting. Plus, he is more flashy.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:36 AM   #146
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

Quote:
You act like Jo Johnson was out the entire series. He played 3/5 games and was productive in the games he did play. Nash also had a very productive series. Your problem was obviously your interior defense. Duncan had a field day and Parker and Manu were driving through the lanes at will. You don't think your chances would have been better if you had Camby anchoring?

Games are won by who score must, Camby maybe match Duncan in the defensive end but you loose 37 ppg, so at the end SA wins anyway.

SA was a better team than anybody in the NBA that year.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:43 AM   #147
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:

true i always think joe johnson only played 1 or 2 games that series...forgot about that

anyways i think having amare on the offensive end would outweight cambys defense....i wouldnt mind having camby but i would rather have amare

our bad interior defense was more marions fault than amares...you cant really blame marion for his defense though cause its almost impossible to clog up the lanes with a peremeter defender like marion down low

we also needed amares offense cause of marions and richardsons struggle

with camby i think we would have got swept but with amare we at least won game...that spurs team was incrediable
Old 01-23-2007, 04:45 AM   #148
Wuxia
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_locoteee
Games are won by who score must, Camby maybe match Duncan in the defensive end but you loose 37 ppg, so at the end SA wins anyway.

SA was a better team than anybody in the NBA that year.

My reasoning is that the Suns can fill up the offense that Amare brings relatively easily as they did not lose a beat when Amare was out last year. They have so many weapons on offense, but a defensive achor such as Camby would be impossible to find. He would improve the Sun's defense immensely.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:52 AM   #149
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Amare is obviously more deserving since his team has the best record in the league and thats a huge factor in coach voting. Plus, he is more flashy.

I think no Amare or Camby will go to the All-Star, Why?

I think in the starting Lineup if Yao doesnt play will be Carmelo a natural SF moving Duncan to the Center position.

Dunca - KG - Melo - Kobe - (T-mac or AI close race)

The west is full of fowards so Dirk, Boozer and Marion will be elected. Nash and Parker G . I think Allen will be voted he is allways in the all-star.

David stern will choose the replacement for Yao so I think he will reward players for wining son J.Howard or Amare will get in.

All-Star 4 Sure.
Duncan
KG
Melo
Kobe
Dirk
Nash
AI
T-Mac
Parker
Marion

In the Bubble
Bozzer
Allen
J. Howard
Amare
Old 01-23-2007, 04:57 AM   #150
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

Quote:
My reasoning is that the Suns can fill up the offense that Amare brings relatively easily as they did not lose a beat when Amare was out last year. They have so many weapons on offense, but a defensive achor such as Camby would be impossible to find. He would improve the Sun's defense immensely.

the didnt have Bell, Diaw, Tim Thomas and Barbosa was a non factor. so diferents situations.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: