Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-23-2007, 01:57 PM   #166
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

yeah camby is a better CENTER than amare. but all star games do not pick players on position 100%. the AS game is more popularity than talent. so amare will get it.
NugzFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:58 PM   #167
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmoud
I'll take Stoudemire over Camby anyday. Camby's such a little ***** that he should be out there playing with a pink skirt on. Guy just never seems to give a damn, and that is when he is actually playing. I'll take a fiery/emotional/driven guy like Amare anyday. Stoudemire is still young, and improving in all assets of his game, while Camby is aging and brittle as hell, what will Nuggets fans say when he winds up with his latest injury, because you can be damned sure that its coming.

accuracy of post = -4.
NugzFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:24 PM   #168
Wuxia
Local High School Star

Wuxia has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
Only a complete and utter moron would think this.

Amare does benefit from Nash, but if you took time to read the thread, he really started coming out of his shell the year before Nash got there, and after the Stephon Marbury trade. He had Leandro F'ing Barbosa running the point for him and averaged 24-25. Don't be stupid. The next year he averaged 26. Wow, big inflated stats there. He's a Nash chronie for sure. I swear people here have half a brain, and most don't think before they speak.

What makes Yao's offense so much great than Amare's. I'm not saying that he is better, I just want to know what seperates them. Amare plays to his strengths, which is getting by his defender, and using his athletic abilty to get easy shots. Yao has an automatic advantage over everyone he plays because of his size, and he plays to that strength as well. Yao can get any shot he wants, whenever he wants. No one knocks him for that.

Yao's offense is totally different than Amares. Yao is able to create his own and for others. All you have to do is give it to him either in the low or high post and he will score or dish it off to someone in position to score. Amare in the other hand needs to be fed the ball in scoring position in order to score. He can't create for others, he's a terrible passer, and he can only score within 3 feet of the rim. This is noted by another Suns' fan as Amare only shoots 37% FG on his jumpers.

Comparing Amare to Yao is like comparing Marion to Duncan. Their numbers might be similar but their impact is no where close.
Wuxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:14 PM   #169
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuxia
Yao's offense is totally different than Amares. Yao is able to create his own and for others. All you have to do is give it to him either in the low or high post and he will score or dish it off to someone in position to score. Amare in the other hand needs to be fed the ball in scoring position in order to score. He can't create for others, he's a terrible passer, and he can only score within 3 feet of the rim. This is noted by another Suns' fan as Amare only shoots 37% FG on his jumpers.

Comparing Amare to Yao is like comparing Marion to Duncan. Their numbers might be similar but their impact is no where close.
Amare can't create his own offense? That's just not accurate. He can just based on athletic ability alone. He is simply quicker than most bigs in this league. I will go to say that he does lack in the post up move department, but he gets the job done.

What's the Rockets record without Yao this season? I don't know off hand, but they have more than held their own. The Suns held their own without Amare last season as well, though they spurted down the stretch playing .500 ball. I don't see based on that how Yao's impact is so much greater than Amare's.

I'm not a Yao hater by the way. I think he's a very good player in this league, so I don't anyone to label me as Yao hater.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:29 PM   #170
Wuxia
Local High School Star

Wuxia has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
Amare can't create his own offense? That's just not accurate. He can just based on athletic ability alone. He is simply quicker than most bigs in this league. I will go to say that he does lack in the post up move department, but he gets the job done.

What's the Rockets record without Yao this season? I don't know off hand, but they have more than held their own. The Suns held their own without Amare last season as well, though they spurted down the stretch playing .500 ball. I don't see based on that how Yao's impact is so much greater than Amare's.

I'm not a Yao hater by the way. I think he's a very good player in this league, so I don't anyone to label me as Yao hater.

I'm not sure what part of my post you didn't understand. Yao is a better passer and shooter. He can score from anywhere on the court with constant double/triple teams on him. I'm not sure how its even close. We haven't even gotten into their defensive impact.
Wuxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:30 PM   #171
artest 93
Local High School Star

artest 93 has decent reputationartest 93 has decent reputation

i woudl take amare stoudamire. id ont kno why but i just will. sike, he is better.
artest 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:47 PM   #172
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuxia
I'm not sure what part of my post you didn't understand. Yao is a better passer and shooter. He can score from anywhere on the court with constant double/triple teams on him. I'm not sure how its even close. We haven't even gotten into their defensive impact.
I'm not comparing them as players. My original intent was to have someone explain how he is leaps and bounds ahead of Amare on offense.

It's hard to compare the two because they are different players on the court. Amare is power. Yao is finesse.

Amare doesn't need to be a threat on offense from anywhere on the court because he can get to the hoop with ease. Yao can score from anywhere because he doesn't have a power game. They are polar opposites on the offensive end of the floor, but both are developing the other aspects of the game. Amare has added a reliable (not great) 15 - 18 ft jumper. Yao has gotten better (not great) a being more aggressive inside and getting to the hoop. I will give you passing, because I really can't defend that. Amare has improved since his rookie year, but he can still work on that part of his game. However, Yao is more of a distributor in that offense. They work from the low post first. Amare is pretty much the opposite again. He usually gets the ball and is in great position to score the ball. With Diaw and Nash out there, Amare rarely sets players up. When he kicks it out of double teams, the Suns usually swing the ball to the other side and get an open look. He will become much better when he is able to find cutters, and make better decisions.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:01 PM   #173
nugsfreak
the real slim shady

nugsfreak has an OK reputation so far

watch a nuggets game when he plays and watch a nuggets game when he does not play. If you tell me that the nuggets play better defence when Camby is out you must have lost your eye sight. here is a prime example of what I am saying. Once Karl took camby out during the last quarter of the cavs game the Cavs made a comeback and turned it into a game again. Karl was forced to put camby back in and the nuggets took control of the game again with camby in there.

as far as camby vs Amare, amare isn't a true center by anymeans. so it is rediculous to compare the two. how about camby vs duncan ? those are two true centers in the league so lets compare those two.
nugsfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:03 PM   #174
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugsfreak
watch a nuggets game when he plays and watch a nuggets game when he does not play. If you tell me that the nuggets play better defence when Camby is out you must have lost your eye sight. here is a prime example of what I am saying. Once Karl took camby out during the last quarter of the cavs game the Cavs made a comeback and turned it into a game again. Karl was forced to put camby back in and the nuggets took control of the game again with camby in there.

as far as camby vs Amare, amare isn't a true center by anymeans. so it is rediculous to compare the two. how about camby vs duncan ? those are two true centers in the league so lets compare those two.
Duncan plays PF. He's always had a center to play next to, in Robinson/Rasho/Nazr
Old 01-23-2007, 04:05 PM   #175
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

dude im not saying that they play better defense without him but the stats say they do...of course they would miss him on the defensive end but his impact is overrated because of his blocks

and amare is as much of a center as camby....plus they are both listed at center for the all star game and thats why we are comparing them
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:06 PM   #176
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Stoudemire isn't far from a "true center" at all.

He's what, an inch shorter than Camby? Probably weighs more. Certainly stronger. Better at scoring in the post. Basically, Stoudemire's not a "true center" because he doesn't block many shots.

He plays center most of the time with the Suns. He guards the opposing center much of the time.

Saying that Camby and Stoudemire shouldn't be compared is just silly.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:09 PM   #177
nugsfreak
the real slim shady

nugsfreak has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
dude im not saying that they play better defense without him but the stats say they do...of course they would miss him on the defensive end but his impact is overrated because of his blocks

and amare is as much of a center as camby....plus they are both listed at center for the all star game and thats why we are comparing them

what was amare drafted as?
nugsfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:15 PM   #178
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
It doesn't matter.

What was Kevin Garnett drafted as? Not power forward, which he plays today.

The only reason it seems strange to compare the two is because they play a completely different style.

Guess what? So do Shaq and Mehmet Okur. But guess what? They're both playing center, so they get compared to one another.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:16 PM   #179
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Diesel J has decent reputationDiesel J has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
watch the phx vs spurs playoff series from two or three years ago

amare flat out took it to duncan like no player i've ever seen... duncan had no answer for him. spurs won the series but thats not the point... amare is unstoppable when he cranks the intensity up.

exactly...something Camby could never do,not even in his dreams
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:19 PM   #180
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
What was Camby drafted as? When he was drafted it was unheard of to have someone his size playing full time at center with the Shaq's, Ewings, Dreams, D-Robs of the world.

The NBA is different now. Smaller players are now assuming the center role on a lot of teams.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: