Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-23-2007, 01:39 AM   #46
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by in awe
Denver gives up 0.8 points less then the nuggets a game so stop acting like their the freaking spurs on D.

You guys are trying to prove Camby is a bad defensive player which makes no sense.

lol your first sentence makes no sense and only proves my point....and camby is a good defensive player but hes overrated...why do the nuggets give up more points a game with him in the game than without him...what kind of a defensive impact would that mean he makes
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:40 AM   #47
in awe
I airball my layups

in awe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
Exactly. Camby's defense is so overrated it's not even funny.

Everyone drools over his 17/17/3 and 3 blks, but forgets that Pau Gasol, fresh off an injury, put up 23/17/6/2 on 50% + FG.

Camby is averaging 13 points and 17 rebounds in january alone. The talks aren't starting because of tonight buddy.
in awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:45 AM   #48
in awe
I airball my layups

Gasol just had 23, 9, and 7 against the suns

Randolph had 36 and 15 the other day vs the suns
Old 01-23-2007, 01:45 AM   #49
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by in awe
Camby is averaging 13 points and 17 rebounds in january alone. The talks aren't starting because of tonight buddy.

Don't even bother, talking to Suns fans is turning into the equivelant of talking to Laker, Yankee fans.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:48 AM   #50
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Don't even bother, talking to Suns fans is turning into the equivelant of talking to Laker, Yankee fans.

By using statistics, facts and opinions to make up an argument? Last time I checked this was an NBA message board, that's why we're here doing. . .

in awe, I wasn't suggesting this thread was because of tonights game. I was just using the most recent example of Camby having trouble with bigger Cs, which he constantly does.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:49 AM   #51
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

lol please explain how camby is such a defensive monster when his team gives up more points with him in the game than without him...
Old 01-23-2007, 01:50 AM   #52
in awe
I airball my layups

oh and check out the shot chart. Camby didn't play the 4th quarter

Gasol

Quarters 1 through 3 he was - 6 for 14
Old 01-23-2007, 01:52 AM   #53
Penny37
Local High School Star

Penny37 is considered somewhat coolPenny37 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
lol please explain how camby is such a defensive monster when hes team gives up more points with him in the game than without him...

Just watch a Nuggets game.
Honestly, I'm a huge Suns fan but it's very easy to see Camby's defensive impact when he's out there. To say they're a better defensive team without him is just absurd.

No one can drive the lane without worrying about Camby coming over. The numbers don't do him justice.
Penny37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:52 AM   #54
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
lol please explain how camby is such a defensive monster when his team gives up more points with him in the game than without him...

So, if let's say, Okafors team gives up more points with him on the court then off per let's say every 10 possessions, Meka can't play D? 2.8 blocks + .9 steals are why along with 2.4 blocks per game career wise and 1 steal. Like I said, Suns fans are turning into Laker fans . . . take away Amare, we saw what Phoenix did, take away Nash, Amare and the Suns ain't ****.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:53 AM   #55
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32

elaborate on the stats, how they were calculated? who is on the floor with Camby? who is on the floor when Camby isnt in? How many minutes a game Camby plays? how are those minutes spread out? is he sitting out when the others first team or second team is in??? etc.

those +or - stats are dumb
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:55 AM   #56
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
So, if let's say, Okafors team gives up more points with him on the court then off per let's say every 10 possessions, Meka can't play D? 2.8 blocks + .9 steals are why along with 2.4 blocks per game career wise and 1 steal. Like I said, Suns fans are turning into Laker fans . . . take away Amare, we saw what Phoenix did, take away Nash, Amare and the Suns ain't ****.

lol since when did i say camby cant play defense...i said his defense and defensive impact are overrated...if your defense means so much to the team they shouldnt be allowing less points and a lower fg% when you are out of the game
Old 01-23-2007, 01:57 AM   #57
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:

The Suns got torn up by every opposing bigman without Amare, that's what happened. Of course Nash is much more important then Amare, no one is denying that. Just like no one would argue that AI and Melo are 10x more important to the Nuggets then Camby.

Get out of here with your generalizations about Suns fans. Using facts and stats to back up our opinions is what this message board is all about. Intelligent discussion.

You on the other hand, haven't really given us much. A few insults, a few opinions without any backing. Nothing really when your looking for substance.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:58 AM   #58
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

So, let me get this straight. If you have the choice to start a team today, and you had a choice between Amare and Camby as your starting center, you would take Camby over Amare?
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:59 AM   #59
in awe
I airball my layups

I'm sorry but I have yet to hear an argument that trumps my first post.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:59 AM   #60
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
The Suns got torn up by every opposing bigman without Amare, that's what happened. Of course Nash is much more important then Amare, no one is denying that. Just like no one would argue that AI and Melo are 10x more important to the Nuggets then Camby.

Get out of here with your generalizations about Suns fans. Using facts and stats to back up our opinions is what this message board is all about. Intelligent discussion.

You on the other hand, haven't really given us much. A few insults, a few opinions without any backing. Nothing really when your looking for substance.

Hmm, no backing? Right, when everyone drooled over Amare scoring a WHOPPING 6 points more in 3 minutes less while being a higher option over Camby, didn't I say Camby gets +2 dimes, which can = 6 points and then he also gets +1 block taking away 2 points from the opposition? Then if you count in the number of offensive rebounds to give his squad a second chance along with taking away second chances from Amare, cancels out the 6 point differential and does more. Yeah, that really is not backing it up, right? Exactly.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: