Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-23-2007, 02:21 AM   #76
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by in awe
Do you realize how Camby's blocking ability changes so many shots?
You do realize that Amare's stats have been on the rise since about the 2nd week of the season right. His number right now are a bit decieving seeing as how he didn't get a lot of playing time at the beginning of the year, so if your logic is based soley on numbers, it's flawed.

Amare has the ability to downright dominate a game down low. Camby does not. Amare has the ability to get easy buckets for his team, or get to the free throw line. He commands double teams on a nightly basis, and it can cause a lot of problems for the opposing team because it opens up the defense, and allows the Suns to do what they do best, and that's score the ball. Camby does not command that kind of attention because he isn't a strong presense down low. He is more of a finesse player, or a free throw line extended player. Camby is a really good role player.

Amare's defense and rebounding have improved dramatically as the season has progressed. He has about 22 double doubles already, and I think his previous high was 27. He's created more second chance opportunities for his teammates than he ever has in his previous 3 years (excluding 05-06 when he was hurt). He might not always get you the rebound, but he keeps a lot of balls alive. His ability to block shots has improved as well. That number keeps on climbing as the season has progressed. He understands the game better, and he has become great at putting himself in position to get a clean block, or alter the shot. People have to respect him on defense now because he can block 5 or more shots on any given night.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:23 AM   #77
in awe
I airball my layups

in awe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
You do realize that Amare's stats have been on the rise since about the 2nd week of the season right. His number right now are a bit decieving seeing as how he didn't get a lot of playing time at the beginning of the year, so if your logic is based soley on numbers, it's flawed.

Amare has the ability to downright dominate a game down low. Camby does not. Amare has the ability to get easy buckets for his team, or get to the free throw line. He commands double teams on a nightly basis, and it can cause a lot of problems for the opposing team because it opens up the defense, and allows the Suns to do what they do best, and that's score the ball. Camby does not command that kind of attention because he isn't a strong presense down low. He is more of a finesse player, or a free throw line extended player. Camby is a really good role player.

Amare's defense and rebounding have improved dramatically as the season has progressed. He has about 22 double doubles already, and I think his previous high was 27. He's created more second chance opportunities for his teammates than he ever has in his previous 3 years (excluding 05-06 when he was hurt). He might not always get you the rebound, but he keeps a lot of balls alive. His ability to block shots has improved as well. That number keeps on climbing as the season has progressed. He understands the game better, and he has become great at putting himself in position to get a clean block, or alter the shot. People have to respect him on defense now because he can block 5 or more shots on any given night.

And Camby has played the last month with a broken finger......Wow, excuses excuses
in awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:25 AM   #78
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
And Camby has played the last month with a broken finger......Wow, excuses excuses
Amare hasn't even fully recovered from microfracture surgery yet. What else ya got?
Old 01-23-2007, 02:30 AM   #79
in awe
I airball my layups

LMFAO..Look at Amare's shot charts

His made 3 shots past the free throw line in the last 5 games. And 2 were in the same game(He was on fire)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/shotch...meId=270121021

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/shotch...meId=270119021

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/shotch...meId=270117010

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/shotch...meId=270115029

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/shotch...meId=270113021
Old 01-23-2007, 02:30 AM   #80
el_locoteee
National High School Star

el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation

Quote:
Makes no sense...Melo and JR wouldn't have taken away from his rebounds. And he averages nearly 12 points in his career.

He has never play alone two superstars like AI and Melo together. plus dont think he will keep this 17 boards a game all season long.
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:31 AM   #81
in awe
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
Amare hasn't even fully recovered from microfracture surgery yet. What else ya got?

Please don't use injuries as an excuse. Were talking about Marcus Camby here.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:32 AM   #82
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

dood just use NBA hot-zones.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:33 AM   #83
Wuxia
Local High School Star

Wuxia has decent reputation

People who follow Camby knows he can put up ridiculous numbers if he can stay healthy. Remember last year, before he got hurt?
Wuxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:36 AM   #84
el_locoteee

Quote:

Thats where center should play, inside de paint, look how many shot past the FT line did Shaq has taken his entire career. Good for you Amare, thats how you get to the FT line attacking the basket.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:38 AM   #85
in awe
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_locoteee
Thats where center should play, inside de paint, look how many shot past the FT line did Shaq has taken his entire career. Good for you Amare, thats how you get to the FT line attacking the basket.

But your buddy said Amare had better range because of his FT and FG %

You are an amazing flip flopper.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:39 AM   #86
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

huh i see more than 3 lol
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:40 AM   #87
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Why is that bad? It's pretty safe to say that the closer you are to the hoop, the higher the percentage that your shot goes in. I guess that explains why Camby shoots 47% and Amare is up around 60% wonder boy. Heaven forbid that you get easy shots in this game or get a foul and get to the line. Amare has a reliable 15-18 ft jumper that he shoots when open. If Camby wasn't so soft inside, he might make more of an impact for his team on that end.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:42 AM   #88
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuxia
People who follow Camby knows he can put up ridiculous numbers if he can stay healthy. Remember last year, before he got hurt?
I'm not taking away from Camby by any means. I actually like him, but the logic being used here is stupid.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:43 AM   #89
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
oh and if the nuggets defense is so good while camby is in the game why does denver give up 107.3 pts per 100 possesions when hes in but they give up only 103 pts per 100 possesions when hes out

btw when amare is in the game the suns give up 103.8 pts per 100 possesions and when hes out they give up 107.3 pts per 100 posessions

and btw me showing there ft% and shots outside of under the basket were not to show his better range really...just to show that he is a better shooter

lol great job...i already said i meant to say shooter about 3 pages ago
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:46 AM   #90
el_locoteee

Quote:
But your buddy said Amare had better range because of his FT and FG %

You are an amazing flip flopper.

Flip flopper????????????????????

I never said that amare has better range. and he is not my buddy, sherlock.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: