Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 07-31-2012, 02:38 PM   #31
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012 Training Camp News and Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
He is a good corner. Yes, he does rely on his athleticism more than he should, but he is still a very good #2 corner.

He is, didn't mean to imply that he sucked. He does not. But he relies almost soley on his athleticism. His secondary technique is grab and pull. He doesn't need to be learning to be a receiver if that is there plan.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:47 PM   #32
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
He is, didn't mean to imply that he sucked. He does not. But he relies almost soley on his athleticism. His secondary technique is grab and pull. He doesn't need to be learning to be a receiver if that is there plan.

I doubt there is that much learning involved. He is probably the fastest player on the team, so they'll probably just tell him to run a go route every once in a while.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:53 PM   #33
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What Cromartie really needs to learn is safe sex...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:59 PM   #34
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
What Cromartie really needs to learn is safe sex...

Late much?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:05 PM   #35
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Late much?
like that joke is late or something?
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:09 PM   #36
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I doubt there is that much learning involved. He is probably the fastest player on the team, so they'll probably just tell him to run a go route every once in a while.
I don't know, i see the Jets, you can see what they need and what they don't do well, and instead of addressing those needs, they are implementing a second offense so they can use Tebow, Cromartie might play receiver,etc. God forbid they just signed some players who fit what they were already doing, nope - the Jets will reinvent the wheel.

Good luck over there.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #37
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Quote:
I don't know, i see the Jets, you can see what they need and what they don't do well, and instead of addressing those needs, they are implementing a second offense so they can use Tebow, Cromartie might play receiver,etc. God forbid they just signed some players who fit what they were already doing, nope - the Jets will reinvent the wheel.

Good luck over there.

They're not running two different offenses. Tebow is just a Brad Smith replacement. That's all.

They have addressed needs this off season. I've read that they are still looking for a RT since it didn't work out with Otah and they signed two good safety's. Bell and Landry are far better than Smith and Leonard (no disrespect to Leonard, he did a good job while he was here). And I liked the way they drafted too. Coples is kind of boom or bust, but I can understand why they picked him. He was probably most talented player on the board at the time and they wanted to add athleticism and youth to the defense, and I really loved the Stephen Hill pick. He should make for a good deep threat.

Mike Tannenbaum has done his job imo. He has built a roster that is at least better than last year. Now it's up to the players and coaching staff to get it done.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:12 PM   #38
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
They're not running two different offenses. Tebow is just a Brad Smith replacement. That's all.

They have addressed needs this off season. I've read that they are still looking for a RT since it didn't work out with Otah and they signed two good safety's. Bell and Landry are far better than Smith and Leonard (no disrespect to Leonard, he did a good job while he was here). And I liked the way they drafted too. Coples is kind of boom or bust, but I can understand why they picked him. He was probably most talented player on the board at the time and they wanted to add athleticism and youth to the defense, and I really loved the Stephen Hill pick. He should make for a good deep threat.

Mike Tannenbaum has done his job imo. He has built a roster that is at least better than last year. Now it's up to the players and coaching staff to get it done.

Tebow has never run the wildcat. NEVER. Not in college, not in Denver. (It's a modified option he was running - i can't see why people keep saying he was running the wildcat.) Right now in training camp, they are not practicing the wildcat with Tebow. He is only taking reps at backup QB. You are giving me the kool aid that the Jets are giving about Tebow, i'm telling you what i see. Tebow is not a threat as a pure runner, the threat is the pass as well. Unless they are putting in his offense, what is he there for? I don't get it.

You need OL help, receiver help (veteran that can help now) and a backup RB.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:29 PM   #39
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Tebow has never run the wildcat. NEVER. Not in college, not in Denver. (It's a modified option he was running - i can't see why people keep saying he was running the wildcat.) Right now in training camp, they are not practicing the wildcat with Tebow. He is only taking reps at backup QB. You are giving me the kool aid that the Jets are giving about Tebow, i'm telling you what i see. Tebow is not a threat as a pure runner, the threat is the pass as well. Unless they are putting in his offense, what is he there for? I don't get it.

You need OL help, receiver help (veteran that can help now) and a backup RB.

I didn't say he would run the wild cat. It might be the wild cat, but it might be the option, like you said. None of us know for sure. But I think his role will be similar to what Brad Smith did in 2010.

In terms of the OL, the only thing I'm concerned about is RT. I've read that they're experimenting with different combinations (like Slauson playing RT and Ducasse playing LG), but that position is definitely a question mark at this point. The WR corp looks like it might be okay. Hopefully Holmes plays like he did in 2010 and Hill contributes immediately. Keller hasn't evolved into a great TE like some people thought he would, but he's still somewhat decent. And I agree we do look a little thin at RB.

I'm not even expecting a lot from the offense. I think they will be erratic and uneven, but the defense should be elite. If the Jets are winning games, it will be because of the D. The offense just has to protect the ball and make timely TD drives.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:05 AM   #40
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Giants 3rd safety Sash suspended 4 games for PEDs. Supposedly tested for adderall that he was prescribed to deal with public speaking. Not exactly a steroid.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:34 AM   #41
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Giants 3rd safety Sash suspended 4 games for PEDs. Supposedly tested for adderall that he was prescribed to deal with public speaking. Not exactly a steroid.
assuming this is true and not a cover story (which it very well might be), there is something wrong with the testing program, punishment, etc - no?
Old 08-01-2012, 08:48 AM   #42
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Like SAS says, the fix will be in for Tebow by Week 6-8. They'll try acting like he's a Brad Smith replacement and maybe he will fill that role while Sanchez sucks, but eventually it will be Tebow who gets all the snaps at QB.

Quote:
. I'm not even expecting a lot from the offense. I think they will be erratic and uneven, but the defense should be elite. If the Jets are winning games, it will be because of the D. The offense just has to protect the ball and make timely TD drives.

As inept as Tebow was at throwing the ball last year most of the time, he gives the Jets a much better chance to do this than Sanchez.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #43
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Like SAS says, the fix will be in for Tebow by Week 6-8. They'll try acting like he's a Brad Smith replacement and maybe he will fill that role while Sanchez sucks, but eventually it will be Tebow who gets all the snaps at QB.

As inept as Tebow was at throwing the ball last year most of the time, he gives the Jets a much better chance to do this than Sanchez.
If they are not practicing the wildcat with Tebow, i find it hard to believe that is his main role.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #44
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Todd Haley said that the no-huddle will be a big part of the offense this year. So much for him and Ben not getting along after that weird silence that had when Haley was initially hired.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #45
franchise#3
Local High School Star

franchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation here

The Jets should trade Sanchez to the Jags for 1st rounder.
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: