Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default FA Signing: Antawn Jamison joins lakers

Charlotte Observer:

Charlottean Antawn Jamison has chosen the Los Angeles Lakers over his hometown Bobcats, the Observer has learned.

Jamison, who starred at Providence High and North Carolina, gave serious consideration to finishing his NBA career as a Bobcat. But late Monday he decided to sign with the Lakers for a chance to pursue a championship, an informed source told the Observer.

Jamison is on vacation in Europe. Hes expected to sign with the Lakers once he returns to the United States later this week.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Antawn Jamison probably signing with Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Charlotte Observer:

Charlottean Antawn Jamison has chosen the Los Angeles Lakers over his hometown Bobcats, the Observer has learned.

Jamison, who starred at Providence High and North Carolina, gave serious consideration to finishing his NBA career as a Bobcat. But late Monday he decided to sign with the Lakers for a chance to pursue a championship, an informed source told the Observer.

Jamison is on vacation in Europe. Hes expected to sign with the Lakers once he returns to the United States later this week.

I hope this happens, and if it's a vet deal not the mini then
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:14 AM   #3
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I really like this signing. It gives the Lakers a legit scorer off the bench finally. That's something we really missed last season by sending Odom to Dallas.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I hope this happens, and if it's a vet deal not the mini then

Yeah that would give us so much flexibility.

At the same time, I am assuming with this deal, that Jordan Hill is gone. I am hoping that is not the case. I really liked what Jordan Hill had to offer.

What do you think Jamison can do off the bench at this stage in his life DK?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

At the same time, I am assuming with this deal, that Jordan Hill is gone. I am hoping that is not the case. I really liked what Jordan Hill had to offer.

I pretty much though it was a given the Lakers would not be able to afford Hill either. Just to add my 2 cents about what Jamison brings... I think he can average double digit points still. If he played 20 minutes per game and averaged about 12-15ppg I would be happy about that. I think he'll play well with Bynum next to him.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #6
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

I think Jamison is good for a steady 12-15 per game just like dd24 says.......he could be our Bob McAdoo. (Look him up kids )
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #7
dd24
College superstar

Apparently the Lakers are still interested in Jordan Hill. I just read this.

Quote:
Marc J. Spears: Lakers could be landing forward Antawn Jamison & center Jermaine O'Neal to minimum deals, sources tell Y! Jordan Hill interest remains, too. Twitter
Old 07-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Apparently the Lakers are still interested in Jordan Hill. I just read this.

Holy crap.

Why not use the mini midlevel on Jordan Farmar too? lol

Suddenly you'd have Jordan Hill, Jamison, Jermaine, and Jordan Farmar.

Your bench can look like a starting lineup. My goodness.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #9
lakersNUMBA1
I hit open 5-footers

lakersNUMBA1 has an OK reputation so far

IMO
lakersNUMBA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #10
takai
Fly for a White Guy

takai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected poster

He would be much needed depth for the bench, and we need a 3rd big.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:12 PM   #11
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool
Exclamation Re: Antawn Jamison probably signing with Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersNUMBA1

IMO

Wut Oneal!! A-lot of scrubs here wanted to trade Bynum for him!! Lol will Howard be healthy!!! Lol
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:54 AM   #12
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Man.

So many names out there.

With a big rotation of

Drew Jordan hill
Pau. Jameson
What the hell, we still have mcbob.

I Think Jordan hill will be pulling in a big contract.
We should trade him for a 1st rounder to a team without a center.
Like the celtics!
Then flip that 1st rebounder for Marshon brooks!

Blake brooks Jameson an mcbob! And EBanks!

We'd have a nice bench!
MJ(Mean John) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #13
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)

Blake brooks Jameson an mcbob! And EBanks!

We'd have a nice bench!

Who's "brooks" ????
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #14
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

love Jamison at the SF spot!!!! great pickup Mitch!!!
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #15
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
Who's "brooks" ????

He's wanted a trade for Marshon Brooks for a while now.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: