Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #1
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Ancient Jews knew about the big bang 3,800 years before modern science

The Kabballah tree of life is a map of the creation of the universe. It begins with an incomprehensible infinite nothingness where energy (the first thing ever created in the kabbalistic tradition) called Ain Soph Aur.

If religion is so wrong about everything, why did ancient jews know about the big bang 3,800 years before scientists even came up with the theory?
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:04 PM   #2
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation
Default Re: Ancient Jews knew about the big bang 3,800 years before modern science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
The Kabballah tree of life is a map of the creation of the universe. It begins with an incomprehensible infinite nothingness where energy (the first thing ever created in the kabbalistic tradition) called Ain Soph Aur.

If religion is so wrong about everything, why did ancient jews know about the big bang 3,800 years before scientists even came up with the theory?

Who reps you?
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #3
BMOGEFan
Banned

BMOGEFan has a bad reputationBMOGEFan has a bad reputationBMOGEFan has a bad reputation
Default Re: Ancient Jews knew about the big bang 3,800 years before modern science

Its because the Jews created the big bang.
BMOGEFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
Faptastrophe
Rivalries Never Die

Faptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
-Written by M. Night Shyamalan
Faptastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:26 PM   #5
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Infinite nothingness? Almost every religion in the history of the world started with the concept of nothingness and some kind of potentiating factor (God, a pair of gods representing good and evil, etc). So far I see nothing very unique about the classicsl Jewish outlook. Not to mention the fact that it probably borrowed extensively from earlier religions, just like all others did in that part of the world.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:32 PM   #6
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
Infinite nothingness? Almost every religion in the history of the world started with the concept of nothingness and some kind of potentiating factor (God, a pair of gods representing good and evil, etc). So far I see nothing very unique about the classicsl Jewish outlook. Not to mention the fact that it probably borrowed extensively from earlier religions, just like all others did in that part of the world.
So you're saying that all religions knew about the big bang before scientists?
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:57 PM   #7
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

There has to be a very beginning. It can't just be, like-bang and fast forward here we is today. There's some purpose behind all this. Maybe we are God's little science experiment, and if so, good. He gave us a chance. Perhaps there's presents if we're good little boys and girls on the other side. If not, maybe there's just darkness for you. You missed out. No, you're not tortured forever and ever. Just death. Life lost. The end.

Perhaps man didn't quite get it right. Maybe God reserves a brute punishment for those who are far beyond "we want justice" those who get away, beat the system, escape man's frail ability to correctly and properly dictate proper punishment ... Hitler comes to mind, right in his own mind, but obviously a deranged being. Then you have child molesters who are perfectly sane, yet still do such things, derailing a young girl's life from the very start, yeah, let that bastard burn for a good 2.7 million years, no?. Bottom line is, yeah, we all mistakes, and sooner or later the punishment will fit the crime, in this life or the "next" ... Yeah, there should be atonement for those dudes.

All we can do for the time being... is just live life, the good way, appreciate and respect others, give more, take less. It's all one love, and it couldn't be anymore obvious Satan himself is ruling THIS WORLD today ... driven by MONEY, INDIVIDUALITY, STATUS, WHERE'S MY #, WHERE DO I RANK. I', THE BEST, PRIDE PRIDE PRIDE PRIDE ... and to hell with everyone else.

Yep, that's clearly the world we're living in, and so few will stand up and make a stand to do something about it. The end of times has already been thrown in our faces time and time again yet we ignore thinking those were the stone age days, it's 2012 for Christ's sake... why still believe in flying spaghetti monsters anymore. Yeah, hella creative there, comparing JC God or your Creator to some make belief creature. Really? Apples and oranges, yet atheists will compare this type of bs side by side all day long to solidify their position and while all the bickering and arguments go on (Christians, you're quility of this too) ... there are better things we could be doing with our time, energy and existence.

God created us to be loving creatures... but unfortunately we have corrupted it all and caused the mass to think individually for themselves and excel a me me me society where no one really cares about others minus a very select few. Why? We're all the same. We're all one. One love. God's love. Yes, even today, in the midst of all this bullshit, He still loves us.

Last edited by Legend of Josh : 07-26-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:58 PM   #8
Celtics4ever
Banned

Celtics4ever has not been impressing people

Quote:

I've been reading a lot of Judaism recently. It's a very knowledgeable religion. I want to understand the kabballah tree of life more. Whenever I ask any questions about the religion Tom thinks I'm being a racist. I feel like Jews overreact the same way black people overreact when someone questions something about them.
Celtics4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:03 AM   #9
Celtics4ever
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
There has to be a very beginning. It can't just be, like-bang and fast forward here we is today. There's some purpose behind all this. Maybe we are God's little science experiment, and if so, good. He gave us a chance. Perhaps there's presents if we're good little boys and girls on the other side. If not, maybe there's just darkness for you. You missed out. No, you're not tortured forever and ever. Just death. Life lost. The end.

Perhaps man didn't quite get it right. Maybe God reserves a brute punishment for those who are far beyond "we want justice" those who get away, beat the system, escape man's frail ability to correctly and properly dictate proper punishment ... Hitler comes to mind, right in his own mind, but obviously a deranged being. Then you have child molesters who are perfectly sane, yet still do such things, derailing a young girl's life from the very start, yeah, let that bastard burn for a good 2.7 million years, no?. Bottom line is, yeah, we all mistakes, and sooner or later the punishment will fit the crime, in this life or the "next" ... Yeah, there should be atonement for those dudes.

All we can do for the time beings... is just live life, the good way, appreciate and respect others, give more, take less. It's all one love, and it couldn't be anyhmore obvious Satan himself is ruling THIS WORLD today ... driven by MONEY, INDIVIDUALITY, STATUS, WHERE'S MY #, WHERE DO I RANK. I', THE BEST, PRIDE PRIDE PRIDE PRIDE ... and to hell with everyone else.

Yep, that's clearly the world we're living in, and so few will stand up and make a stand to do something about it. The end of times has already been thrown in our faces time and time again yet we ignore thinking those were the stone age days, it's 2012 for Christ's sake... why still believe in flying spaghetti monsters anymore. Yeah, hella creative there, comparing JC God or your Creator to some make belief creature. Really? Apples and oranges, yet atheists will compare this type of bs side by side all day long to solidify their position and while all the bickering and arguments go on (Christians, you're quility of this too) ... there are better things we could be doing with our time, energy and existence.

God created us to be loving creatures... but unfortunately we have corrupted it all and caused the mass to think individually for themselves and excel a me me me society where no one really cares about others minus a very select few. Why? We're all the same. We're all one. One love. God's love. Yes, even today, in the midst of all this bullshit, He still loves us.

Maybe our imaginations created our world. Look at how advanced we have gotten the past 100 years. The human brain is very powerful. I believe it has the power to create reality. Every persons goal in life should be to illuminate themselves to be able to use their minds to their advantage.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:11 AM   #10
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOGEFan

Maybe the sitcom
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:17 AM   #11
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
So you're saying that all religions knew about the big bang before scientists?
yes and no. re-read what i said to get the specific answer.

look, i'm 99.9% with you when it comes to jews being underappreciated for their works and being set up as the scapegoat due to the bullshit "protocols" book and the way that so many govts and institutions used that propaganda work as a false and hateful agenda against jews. the way that went down and the way that it influenced the average person's opinions against jews in modern history is absolutely sickening.

i mean, ask any modern hater why they hate jews and the person will typically respond with some of the most far-flung and specious rubbish that you're likely to hear from any race that speaks an intelligible language. when it comes down to reality, such people have absolutely no rational reason to hate jews, other than tradition and the fact that jews outperform them.

obviously this is a side-issue, but the reality is that jews tend to out-perform other people across a variety of disciplines, from pure entertainment to the deepest of sciences.

but human beings being as petty and specious as they are, just like all lifeforms, really, tend to hate the high-achiever when their native abilities are not sufficient to bring them down in an equal fight. in other words, human beings, just like all other animals, are set up to lie, cheat, steal and misrepresent when it's to their advantage, and doing that stuff to jews is definitely a huge propaganda advantage.

but, dude... no. no. no. the jews had no special knowledge about the big bang. the old testament is one of the greatest monuments to belief-oriented rubbish that we need to put in to a special category that has nothing to do with literal truth and everything to do with metaphor.

nobody ever appreciates metaphor these days, but it's the most profound way to appreciate the works of ancient peoples that we know about.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:20 AM   #12
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics4ever
Maybe our imaginations created our world. Look at how advanced we have gotten the past 100 years. The human brain is very powerful. I believe it has the power to create reality. Every persons goal in life should be to illuminate themselves to be able to use their minds to their advantage.

We can't just simply create ourselves out of nothing. There has to be a blueprint somewhere, and it's a merry go round of did the chicken come first, or the egg?

As simple as it seems, it's way too complex for us and our mere understanding to fully comprehend. However, bc we're arrogant., self centered pieces of shit, we like to think we know everything, when in reality, we don't know jack shit. Makes me sick. People who "think they know the answer!" ... yeah. sure. You're a mammal who will eventually die, with limited intelligence, and you will die, eventually. Yet... you THINK you have it all figured out.

Wake the f*ck up. We're ants just trying to get by and live, while the real Player is pulling strings and watching in a mixed bucket of love, hate, adornment, disappointment and will and will always be in YOUR corner (whether we realize it or not with our limited minds and understanding of things on such a large scale).

You and I are grains of sand on the beach .... and planet Earth is the Universe. Now how long do you think it'll take us to figure EVERYTHING OUT and have the one TRUE answer to the puzzling ? of is there a Creator (God) or not? ... we, us, humans on earth can spend the next thousand years gaining more knowledge, more facts, understanding, more more more etc etc ... and even at the very end of the tunnel, the possibility of God still exists , and always will. Now and forever. There is a legitimate explanation for our, beginning, middle and end. We dont know for now, but IN TIME, we will, if we're awarded the privilege of obtaining such enigmatic knowledge.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:40 AM   #13
Horde of Temujin
Operat.Northwoods=9/11

Horde of Temujin has decent reputation

I feel that a lot of the negative feelings towards Jewish people is the strong affinity for and the defense of Israel among many Jews.

The fact that Jewish people are so intelligent, affluent, and have a long history of persecution and tragedy makes it perplexing that such intelligent people could blindly defend many of Israel's questionable actions given their own history.

Its sad to say but Jews are held to a different standard because and they come off as hypocritical and arrogant. I know its easy to point to the actions of Arabs as worse but they are simply not held to the same standard. More is expected from them.

I understand that theyre are many Jews who speak out about Israel but even they are harshly criticised by other Jews.
Horde of Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:46 AM   #14
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horde of Temujin
I feel that a lot of the negative feelings towards Jewish people is the strong affinity for and the defense of Israel among many Jews.

The fact that Jewish people are so intelligent, affluent, and have a long history of persecution and tragedy makes it perplexing that such intelligent people could blindly defend many of Israel's questionable actions given their own history.

Its sad to say but Jews are held to a different standard because and they come off as hypocritical and arrogant. I know its easy to point to the actions of Arabs as worse but they are simply not held to the same standard. More is expected from them.

I understand that theyre are many Jews who speak out about Israel but even they are harshly criticised by other Jews.

I don't know if I completely buy into all that. Some people think God punished black people and made them stupid, but that's dumb, there have been countless achievements from the black community.

Blacks have loads and loads of historic people in their history. Many names, people and places where they dominated the world. It's all right in front of us. Then today, they're the best athletes in the business, banking millions and rightfully so - what goes around comes back around. White men can't jump, duh. However, I did once dunk a volleyball in 11th grade on an official 10ft rim .... real talk. I got hops.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:47 AM   #15
Celtics4ever
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
We can't just simply create ourselves out of nothing. There has to be a blueprint somewhere, and it's a merry go round of did the chicken come first, or the egg?

As simple as it seems, it's way too complex for us and our mere understanding to fully comprehend. However, bc we're arrogant., self centered pieces of shit, we like to think we know everything, when in reality, we don't know jack shit. Makes me sick. People who "think they know the answer!" ... yeah. sure. You're a mammal who will eventually die, with limited intelligence, and you will die, eventually. Yet... you THINK you have it all figured out.

Wake the f*ck up. We're ants just trying to get by and live, while the real Player is pulling strings and watching in a mixed bucket of love, hate, adornment, disappointment and will and will always be in YOUR corner (whether we realize it or not with our limited minds and understanding of things on such a large scale).

You and I are grains of sand on the beach .... and planet Earth is the Universe. Now how long do you think it'll take us to figure EVERYTHING OUT and have the one TRUE answer to the puzzling ? of is there a Creator (God) or not? ... we, us, humans on earth can spend the next thousand years gaining more knowledge, more facts, understanding, more more more etc etc ... and even at the very end of the tunnel, the possibility of God still exists , and always will. Now and forever. There is a legitimate explanation for our, beginning, middle and end. We dont know for now, but IN TIME, we will, if we're awarded the privilege of obtaining such enigmatic knowledge.

You're right we don't know anything. Everyone just has theories. I don't think we will ever find out either, if we do get close enough, the human civilization might end by then. Think about it- how do we know this isn't a cycle? Maybe a gazzilion years ago before dinosaurs, there were humans that lived on earth and their civilization was just as advanced as ours, then a big meteor came and wiped out everything.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: