Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2012, 01:53 AM   #16
Celtics4ever
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,409
Default Re: Ancient Jews knew about the big bang 3,800 years before modern science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horde of Temujin
I feel that a lot of the negative feelings towards Jewish people is the strong affinity for and the defense of Israel among many Jews.

The fact that Jewish people are so intelligent, affluent, and have a long history of persecution and tragedy makes it perplexing that such intelligent people could blindly defend many of Israel's questionable actions given their own history.

Its sad to say but Jews are held to a different standard because and they come off as hypocritical and arrogant. I know its easy to point to the actions of Arabs as worse but they are simply not held to the same standard. More is expected from them.

I understand that theyre are many Jews who speak out about Israel but even they are harshly criticised by other Jews.

That's not true.

People hate Jews because Jews always find ways to be super successful. People hate on their success. It seems like its in their genes to be successful professionally. And this is a fact. 200 of the 400 people on the forbes richest people are jewish. All the board members on our federal reserve bank are jewish.

Why did Hitler hate Jews? He didn't all of sudden pick on the jews to hate on. He hated them because back then in germany they ran the banks, they held most of the key spots in the financial system.

I thought all this was pretty obvious.

No one should hate on anyones success.
Celtics4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:54 AM   #17
Legend of Josh
Banned
 
Legend of Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alch|e|mist
Posts: 10,231
Default Re: Ancient Jews knew about the big bang 3,800 years before modern science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics4ever
You're right we don't know anything. Everyone just has theories. I don't think we will ever find out either, if we do get close enough, the human civilization might end by then. Think about it- how do we know this isn't a cycle? Maybe a gazzilion years ago before dinosaurs, there were humans that lived on earth and their civilization was just as advanced as ours, then a big meteor came and wiped out everything.

LOL. There'd be a record, of some sort. Fossils would be left behind, clues or something that would give us a plausible understanding of our history... sure the continents have drifted apart and the ocean has washed away so many things, but there'd be something left behind.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:59 AM   #18
Celtics4ever
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,409
Default Re: Ancient Jews knew about the big bang 3,800 years before modern science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
LOL. There'd be a record, of some sort. Fossils would be left behind, clues or something that would give us a plausible understanding of our history... sure the continents have drifted apart and the ocean has washed away so many things, but there'd be something left behind.

Maybe it happened on another planet. Mars?

Lol, I'm just throwing ideas. Anything could be true.
Celtics4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:04 AM   #19
Horde of Temujin
Operat.Northwoods=9/11
 
Horde of Temujin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Washington Heights, NYC
Posts: 2,328
Default Re: Ancient Jews knew about the big bang 3,800 years before modern science

successful people are held to a diiferent standard. Im not saying its fair but its true.

I think its akin to the pretty, saintly girl in school who prides herself on her virtue, that gets a bad rep for being seen kissing some boy. Others are jealous and are eager to bring them down.
Horde of Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:07 AM   #20
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler
 
dunksby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,740
Default Re: Ancient Jews knew about the big bang 3,800 years before modern science

You aren't even Jewish.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:39 AM   #21
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,494
Default Re: Ancient Jews knew about the big bang 3,800 years before modern science

Lol at this e-ga saying God in Judaism = Nothing.

He is trolling religious people and atheists at the same time.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:48 AM   #22
gigantes
A piece of fluff
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,712
Default Re: Ancient Jews knew about the big bang 3,800 years before modern science

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Lol at this e-ga saying God in Judaism = Nothing.

He is trolling religious people and atheists at the same time.
look at yourself and tell me that you aren't blowing some similar rubbish out your e-ahole. only that you're trying to troll people even though you know absolutely zero when it comes to religion. meaning, your greatest wish in life is to be a blind man leading the blind. ironically, a blind man that happens to be a hopeless dumbass. praise jesus!
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:01 AM   #23
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,494
Default Re: Ancient Jews knew about the big bang 3,800 years before modern science

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
look at yourself and tell me that you aren't blowing some similar rubbish out your e-ahole. only that you're trying to troll people even though you know absolutely zero when it comes to religion. meaning, your greatest wish in life is to be a blind man leading the blind. ironically, a blind man that happens to be a hopeless dumbass. praise jesus!

Nope, try again. I don't come here to preach.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:08 AM   #24
jbot
Future D1 Dad
 
jbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,364
Default Re: Ancient Jews knew about the big bang 3,800 years before modern science

i'm sure other cultures figured the universe supposedly came from an explosion of energy or something along the lines.

believe me if they knew about the big bang, they'd had patented the idea and would have been banking on it for thousands of years.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #25
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE
 
Nick Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: swag
Posts: 16,663
Default Re: Ancient Jews knew about the big bang 3,800 years before modern science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics4ever
I've been reading a lot of Judaism recently. It's a very knowledgeable religion. I want to understand the kabballah tree of life more. Whenever I ask any questions about the religion Tom thinks I'm being a racist. I feel like Jews overreact the same way black people overreact when someone questions something about them.
Yep, everyone mocks religion, but in Judaism for example they have been talking about many things for thousands of years that scientists are only just discovering themselves.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:15 AM   #26
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE
 
Nick Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: swag
Posts: 16,663
Default Re: Ancient Jews knew about the big bang 3,800 years before modern science

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
yes and no. re-read what i said to get the specific answer.

look, i'm 99.9% with you when it comes to jews being underappreciated for their works and being set up as the scapegoat due to the bullshit "protocols" book and the way that so many govts and institutions used that propaganda work as a false and hateful agenda against jews. the way that went down and the way that it influenced the average person's opinions against jews in modern history is absolutely sickening.

i mean, ask any modern hater why they hate jews and the person will typically respond with some of the most far-flung and specious rubbish that you're likely to hear from any race that speaks an intelligible language. when it comes down to reality, such people have absolutely no rational reason to hate jews, other than tradition and the fact that jews outperform them.

obviously this is a side-issue, but the reality is that jews tend to out-perform other people across a variety of disciplines, from pure entertainment to the deepest of sciences.

but human beings being as petty and specious as they are, just like all lifeforms, really, tend to hate the high-achiever when their native abilities are not sufficient to bring them down in an equal fight. in other words, human beings, just like all other animals, are set up to lie, cheat, steal and misrepresent when it's to their advantage, and doing that stuff to jews is definitely a huge propaganda advantage.

but, dude... no. no. no. the jews had no special knowledge about the big bang. the old testament is one of the greatest monuments to belief-oriented rubbish that we need to put in to a special category that has nothing to do with literal truth and everything to do with metaphor.

nobody ever appreciates metaphor these days, but it's the most profound way to appreciate the works of ancient peoples that we know about.
it's because we're the chosen people

Really though I think it's because Jews have a history of valuing education over brute strength so intelligence is passed on IE the coolest alpha males in the village who got the best women weren't the strongest, but the best scholars+extra motivated in knowing the rest of the world hates us for no reason and wants us to fail.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:20 AM   #27
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE
 
Nick Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: swag
Posts: 16,663
Default Re: Ancient Jews knew about the big bang 3,800 years before modern science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics4ever
That's not true.

People hate Jews because Jews always find ways to be super successful. People hate on their success. It seems like its in their genes to be successful professionally. And this is a fact. 200 of the 400 people on the forbes richest people are jewish. All the board members on our federal reserve bank are jewish.

Why did Hitler hate Jews? He didn't all of sudden pick on the jews to hate on. He hated them because back then in germany they ran the banks, they held most of the key spots in the financial system.

I thought all this was pretty obvious.

No one should hate on anyones success.
It goes back through history.
Babylonians
Greeks
Romans
Spanish
Western and Eastern Europeans in crusade times, with propaganda that matzah was made of stolen babies
Muslims(though we used to get along and made the perfect dream team)
British (yep, they kicked out all their jews)
Russia (look up the pogroms, and then Stalin did it 50 years later)
French (Dreyfuss affair)
Germany

Everywhere Jews go they are hated by all and still manage to succeed despite the targeted hatred.

Last edited by Nick Young : 07-26-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #28
Legend of Josh
Banned
 
Legend of Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alch|e|mist
Posts: 10,231
Default Re: Ancient Jews knew about the big bang 3,800 years before modern science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
It goes back through history.
Babylonians
Greeks
Romans
Spanish
Western and Eastern Europeans in crusade times, with propaganda that matzah was made of stolen babies
Muslims(though we used to get along and made the perfect dream team)
British (yep, they kicked out all their jews)
Russia (look up the pogroms, and then Stalin did it 50 years later)
French (Dreyfuss affair)
Germany

Everywhere Jews go they are hated by all and still manage to succeed despite the targeted hatred.

Perhaps there's a "higher power" at work, and as a result Israel thrives while contradicting nations in the region stumble to sustain power I guess you could say it's all a chess match with God at an advantage keepin' Satan pin pointed at a handicap.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #29
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy
 
n00bie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Inside VC's MOM
Posts: 1,439
Default Re: Ancient Jews knew about the big bang 3,800 years before modern science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
The Kabballah tree of life is a map of the creation of the universe. It begins with an incomprehensible infinite nothingness where energy (the first thing ever created in the kabbalistic tradition) called Ain Soph Aur.



If religion is so wrong about everything, why did ancient jews know about the big bang 3,800 years before scientists even came up with the theory?

I'm confused.. if the big bang theory proves that life was created by a "big bang" and not by God.. are you saying ancient Jews didn't believe in God?
n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:34 AM   #30
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE
 
Nick Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: swag
Posts: 16,663
Default Re: Ancient Jews knew about the big bang 3,800 years before modern science

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bie
I'm confused.. if the big bang theory proves that life was created by a "big bang" and not by God.. are you saying ancient Jews didn't believe in God?
Big Bang doesn't disprove God.
God made the big bang.

Scientists have no explanation for what the universe was like before the big bang, or how it first happened.

Jews always have.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:31 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy