Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 07-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default Fantasy Football: Ray Rice or Arian Foster

Who do you think will be the better fantasy running back this season and why?

Arian Foster is playing on a team with one of the best offensive lines in football and one that runs the football more then almost any other team the NFL. He's a monster running the ball but he has some cons.

First, he is definitely injury prone. He missed significant time last season. Also he is not the only legit option his team has at RB. Ben Tate will take some snaps away from him and may even start some games if the Texans clinch a play-off spot early or Foster is aching.

Ray Rice on the other hand is heavily involved in his offense not only rushing the ball but receiving as well. I can't remember the last time he was seriously injured and missed time. Maybe it's never happened? Sure his team doesn't run the ball as much but IMO I think he's a much safer pick than Foster.

Who do you guys take and why?
Bano114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation
Default Re: Fantasy Football: Ray Rice or Arian Foster

I'll go with Foster here. Better line, easier schedule, and he has Tate to give him some time off the field if he needs a breather.

I don't see Tate taking too many goalline tds away barring no injuries from Foster.

In a standard league: Foster. I guess in a PPR though I'd take a coin flip and be okay. If I have first pick though I might go with McCoy honestly.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #3
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm taking Ray Rice over Foster in any format, I just think that he is much less injury prone and a safer pick overall
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has not been impressing people

I love Ray Rice. Ricky Williams is gone so rices workload will increase, especially goal line situations. Ray rice had the most yards last year and I expect that once again. He also has the best FB in the game
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #5
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
I love Ray Rice. Ricky Williams is gone so rices workload will increase, especially goal line situations. Ray rice had the most yards last year and I expect that once again. He also has the best FB in the game

Most rushing yards? I thought MJD had that. Isn't it a contract year for MJD though too? He and McCoy could easily be thrown in to this conversation.

The thing this year is there is no clear cut #1 RB. All four of those guys have a case. (MJD,McCoy,Rice,Foster)
Old 07-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #6
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

I'm a big Ray Rice guy, I'd go for him myself. Give him the edge for his durability and receiving ability.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #7
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Most rushing yards? I thought MJD had that. Isn't it a contract year for MJD though too? He and McCoy could easily be thrown in to this conversation.

The thing this year is there is no clear cut #1 RB. All four of those guys have a case. (MJD,McCoy,Rice,Foster)
I meant rushing and receiving combined. And I think MJD is stuck with 2 years 9 mill left on hi contract if I heard on espn correctly.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #8
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin

christian1923 is starting to rub some people the wrong waychristian1923 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Give me the guy who is hungry for a new contract
christian1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #9
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So excited for my draft. I actually got a high pick this draft @ 3 spot. I'm snagging Aaron Rodgers cuz my boy has pick 1 he told me hes taking Foster. We live in Raven country so other dude mos likely taking Baby Ray
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:35 PM   #10
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I'm taking Ray Rice over Foster in any format, I just think that he is much less injury prone and a safer pick overall

Well whadduya know, we agree on something of vital NFL significance

Last edited by ROCSteady : 07-27-2012 at 12:52 AM.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:24 AM   #11
Rainwound
Banned

Rainwound has an OK reputation so far

Ray Rice all day. With Williams gone his goal line carries should increase, plus all the extra yards he racks up in receiving.
Rainwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:54 AM   #12
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
I meant rushing and receiving combined. And I think MJD is stuck with 2 years 9 mill left on hi contract if I heard on espn correctly.

If thats what you meant I think Darren Sproles had that. Didn't he set the record for total yardage last season? Could be wrong.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:59 AM   #13
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
If thats what you meant I think Darren Sproles had that. Didn't he set the record for total yardage last season? Could be wrong.
Rice had the most rushing and receiving yards combined. Sproles had maybe the yards total because e returns kicks and punts. Not sure what they call it in the nfl. Yards from scrimmage? But I think that's just rushing and receiving. Someone else might know what's its called
Old 07-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #14
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Gotta go Ray Rice. I'd also consider McCoy over Foster.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #15
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

After seeing what Foster did in the playoffs its hard for me to bet against him
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: