Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #1
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation
Default Rufuspaul

Can I chew on ice without it doing damage to my teeth?
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rufuspaul

I had a professor in dental school who said "if the bourbon didn't get into the ice cube I wouldn't have to chew it." The answer depends. A virgin tooth (one without decay or a restoration (filling) can probably handle an ice cube just fine. A compromised tooth is less able to handle such force. It also depends on your occlusion (how your bite fits together) and other habits (clenching, grinding, etc.). As you get older your teeth, like your bones, loose elasticity and become more susceptible to fracture.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

Reported to the Medical association responsible fo upholding your hippocratic oath

f*cking scumbag
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsPackers
Reported to the Medical association responsible fo upholding your hippocratic oath

f*cking scumbag

Old 07-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #5
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

While on this topic...rufus, how painful is it to remove a tooth that is chipped like half of it off and put in a crown? and on another tooth, i think some of the filling has fallen out and the the tooth is chipped as well...would it be re-filled or just removed as well?

D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #6
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I had a professor in dental school who said "if the bourbon didn't get into the ice cube I wouldn't have to chew it." The answer depends. A virgin tooth (one without decay or a restoration (filling) can probably handle an ice cube just fine. A compromised tooth is less able to handle such force. It also depends on your occlusion (how your bite fits together) and other habits (clenching, grinding, etc.). As you get older your teeth, like your bones, loose elasticity and become more susceptible to fracture.
how much money will you charge him for that information
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #7
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Fucking asshole.

Serious note: You know any dental clinics that allow walk-ins?
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:44 PM   #8
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
While on this topic...rufus, how painful is it to remove a tooth that is chipped like half of it off and put in a crown? and on another tooth, i think some of the filling has fallen out and the the tooth is chipped as well...would it be re-filled or just removed as well?

You don't remove a tooth to do a crown, you prepare the existing tooth (shaping and reducing) in order for the crown to be fitted to it (bonded into place). Whether or not a tooth can be repaired with a filling or crown depends on the extent of the damage to the tooth from decay, fracture, or both.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:44 PM   #9
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Fucking asshole.

Serious note: You know any dental clinics that allow walk-ins?

You're in New Mexico? I have no idea.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #10
AK47DR91

Rufuspaul,

My upper first premolar (bicuspid)tooth broke. It was already chipped after years of decay. Most of it is gone, but I'm not sure if there are pieces inside the gum.

What should I do? I don't have dental insurance by the way.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:49 PM   #11
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47DR91
Rufuspaul,

My upper first premolar (bicuspid)tooth broke. It was already chipped after years of decay. Most of it is gone, but I'm not sure if there are pieces inside the gum.

What should I do? I don't have dental insurance by the way.

Save up.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:51 PM   #12
AK47DR91

Quote:
Save up.
I'm already saving up for school!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #13
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47DR91
I'm already saving up for school!

There is a large Indian (dot, not feather) population near my office so I get many of them as patients. Many of them freak out if they need expensive work and tell me that they'll wait till they go back to India to get it done because it's so much cheaper there. Some of the crap they come back with is absolutely appalling. Stuff that would make one lose a license (and a lawsuit) in this country. So much for medical tourism. Not for me.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #14
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
There is a large Indian (dot, not feather) population near my office so I get many of them as patients. Many of them freak out if they need expensive work and tell me that they'll wait till they go back to India to get it done because it's so much cheaper there. Some of the crap they come back with is absolutely appalling. Stuff that would make one lose a license (and a lawsuit) in this country. So much for medical tourism. Not for me.

So what you're saying is, I can go to India and become a practicing dentist really fast?
ProfessorMurder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #15
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

Quote:

jk, buddy

not really you fvcking f@ggot i actually did report you and link this thread and I HOPE YOU get caught. I hope you and youre family are out on the street after you lose yournedical lisence. You know this is illegal, which makes you a complete dirtbag
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: