Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 07-28-2012, 01:25 AM   #1
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Anybody ever keep stats for 2x2 and 3x3 games with friends?

Not that they're terribly important, but we have a group of ~20-25 guys (not all at once, otherwise we'd get full games going) who will play fairly regularly with different permutations (this isn't a league or anything, just a bunch of guys in their early-mid 20s who have nothing better to do) in 2 on 2 and 3 on 3 games to 21.

One of the better players recently broke his leg on a ski trip, but wants to stay involved so he brought up the idea of keeping stats. I'm not terribly interested, but I do wonder what sort of numbers guys would put up in games. Has anyone kept numbers in shorthanded games? What kind of ranges would you expect?
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:47 AM   #2
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Anybody ever keep stats for 2x2 and 3x3 games with friends?

Nope

I only keep stats for 5 on 5 games. It's much easier to score in a 3 on 3 game.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:04 AM   #3
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Nope

I only keep stats for 5 on 5 games. It's much easier to score in a 3 on 3 game.

maybe, but unless you're playing in a league it's hard to get a 5 on 5 game going

either you're gonna be shorthanded, or there'll be another game on half of the court (sometimes they'll wanna join in, though) or guys just shooting around

at my university this wasn't a huge deal since there was a huge gym, but atm it's too far out of the way to go there as often as I play

don't sleep on 3 on 3 btw, from my understanding it might be a featured event in the 2016 Olympics...I'm not sure if you play in a league, but every once in a while a 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 game is a nice change of pace
Old 07-28-2012, 02:09 AM   #4
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

When I was a kid we had a 3 on 3 basketball tournament in our backyard. It was fun.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:13 AM   #5
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
When I was a kid we had a 3 on 3 basketball tournament in our backyard. It was fun.

dude don't hate

as I said, it's not always easy to get a 5x5 together...most of the guys in my group live pretty busy lives, so we can't get that big of a group every week

I'd play 5x5 every week if we could, but that isn't feasible right now
Old 07-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
C_lake2802
I airball my layups

C_lake2802 has an OK reputation so far

nah those games way to ez to score
C_lake2802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:29 PM   #7
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
dude don't hate

as I said, it's not always easy to get a 5x5 together...most of the guys in my group live pretty busy lives, so we can't get that big of a group every week

I'd play 5x5 every week if we could, but that isn't feasible right now
I don't think he was being sarcastic.

On topic, I've never kept statistics of 3 on 3 games. In fact, I've never kept statistics on any form of pickup game. However, if that is you or your injured friend's prerogative, then I say more power to you guys.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:53 PM   #8
Cherry Picker
I shoot 85 %

Cherry Picker has a terrific reputationCherry Picker has a terrific reputationCherry Picker has a terrific reputationCherry Picker has a terrific reputationCherry Picker has a terrific reputation

Keep em on a notepad
I like to calculate my PER afterwards and boast to my friends
Cherry Picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:09 PM   #9
KDTrey5
I DO ME, N I CHILL

KDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lol u serious man?
KDTrey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: