Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 07-29-2012, 01:07 PM   #16
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2012 StateProperty's Six-Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
2... Calvin for a minute when he had the 12 touchdowns in the first 6 weeks or whatever. Eli cuz he's clutched up and come through u just dont want him to have the ball at the end. just them

5... smart move for reasons u mentioned + palmer held out and still brought the bengals somethin in trade. some team is gonna bring in a qb midseason someone is gonna trade and pay the money for a good rb once they get desperate.

Which means you should make Rashard Jennings a priority as a late round pick if this hold out is still going on in mid august and thats when your draft is. He could provide tremendous value if MJD sits out the season.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:46 PM   #17
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
1. Which team is the most complete at every position, fewest amount of weaknesses?

I have to go with the 49ers here. They are stacked at like every position. If Alex Smith can even be a top 25 quarterback, I feel like they'll be Superbowl bound. I feel like they brought the entire defense back. They are the deepest team at runningback. They actually have receivers now. Vernon Davis is going to a beast and will have less coverage on him more than ever with Moss and Manningham helping stretch the field(and Crabtree?).

Quote:
2. You used to hear Michael Vick could be stopped but he was the 1 player you feared the most play to play. What player in '12 holds that title? Which guy could be having a bad game yet you still fear he'll take 1 to the house any time he touches it?

Peyton Manning. He's hungry. He's going to shit on the critics and dominate like he used to, no doubt in my mind. DeMaryius Thomas is going to have a MONSTER year and Eric Decker's the perfect receiver for him in my opinion.

Quote:
3. Which team has put themselves in the worst position to compete over the next few years? And their immediate future looks "meh" in terms of wins and/or young talent?

I'll have to think more about this one. I never really like what the Raiders are doing, ever. I think the Colts are gonna be boned. I feel like they should have kept Peyton and traded the pick for Godknowshowmany picks to help build the defense. Hard to say though here.

Quote:
4. After 83/13 Td in '09, Randy Moss recorded just 28/5 TDs in an unmotivated '10. After sitting out '11 what should we expect with the Niners this year?

Eleven touchdowns. BOOK IT.

Quote:
5. Is Jones-Drew being cheated by the Jags w/o a renotiation for a new deal? And being their only star? Or is it a smart move by the Jags because of the tread they've put on the RB's tires, knowing the position's shelf life?

MJD's being a pompous jackass. He signed a contract accepting the amount of money he would be getting every year. He agreed with it. Holdouts are so damn annoying. How's he going to feed his family making 9 million with the two years remaining? Poor guy...

Quote:
6. If you were the Patriots and were offered Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, or RG3 for a 35 year old Tom Brady right now, do you pull the trigger? Would you risk losing out on competing for a title these next few seasons (w/ Brady) to set up a better future for the next 12+ years?

If I was the Patriots, I'd trade Tom Brady to the Saints for Thomas Morstead to watch their team fall apart.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:46 PM   #18
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

1. Which team is the most complete at every position, fewest amount of weaknesses?

I like the ravens for this spot. Top 5 defense, arguably the best all purpose back in the league, acceptable receivers.

2. You used to hear Michael Vick could be stopped but he was the 1 player you feared the most play to play. What player in '12 holds that title? Which guy could be having a bad game yet you still fear he'll take 1 to the house any time he touches it?

In terms of one player dominating a game, I'd say Aaron Rodgers, I don't feel safe anytime the packers are on offense. In terms of each individual play, I'd say either Shady or Calvin, both have big play potential and are extremely lethal in the redzone.

3. Which team has put themselves in the worst position to compete over the next few years? And their immediate future looks "meh" in terms of wins and/or young talent?

It seems like the dolphins are in pretty bad shape. Sure Reggie had a breakout season, but he was also the featured back for most of the year (don't think he had that option in NO). They lost Marshall and have strong weakness at qb with Tannehill/Moore.

4. After 83/13 Td in '09, Randy Moss recorded just 28/5 TDs in an unmotivated '10. After sitting out '11 what should we expect with the Niners this year?

I think the days of Randy being worth talked about are over. Sure he'll be mentioned because he is one of the greatest of all time, but his days of being top tier are over, he will still grab some long balls, but not nearly at the level of when he was in his prime.

5. Is Jones-Drew being cheated by the Jags w/o a renotiation for a new deal? And being their only star? Or is it a smart move by the Jags because of the tread they've put on the RB's tires, knowing the position's shelf life?

He is being cheated. He has earned the money and deserves it, I don't care how old he is, he has poured his heart and soul into that franchise and deserves to make some money out of it.

6. If you were the Patriots and were offered Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, or RG3 for a 35 year old Tom Brady right now, do you pull the trigger? Would you risk losing out on competing for a title these next few seasons (w/ Brady) to set up a better future for the next 12+ years?

Nah, Brady has at least 3-4 years left where his performance won't decline much, and I think that is worth more than the risk of getting a rookie or sophomore who hasn't proved themselves yet.

Great thread idea SP.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:50 PM   #19
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1. Ravens, Flacco gettin better, nice weapons on offense and great defense.
2. Megatron, nough said
3. Jaguars. Gabbert's a bust and they have pretty much no talent other than MJD (who may be gone)
4. He's gonna still be crap. alex smith won't help him. i say less than 500 yards
5. Your team is trash. pay the man
6. f*ck no
KingBeasley08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:55 AM   #20
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
MJD's being a pompous jackass. He signed a contract accepting the amount of money he would be getting every year. He agreed with it. Holdouts are so damn annoying. How's he going to feed his family making 9 million with the two years remaining? Poor guy...
So after you've outperformed a contract for 3 straight years, you can't renegotiate?

Situation: You get hired at a job making $20 an hour which is the standard pay rate for that position. 3 years later they're hiring guys at $25 an hour, same job title, and same work load/performance. But you accepted your $20 an hour when you were hired and now you're stuck with it.

You wouldn't want to renegotiate that?
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:33 AM   #21
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
So after you've outperformed a contract for 3 straight years, you can't renegotiate?

Situation: You get hired at a job making $20 an hour which is the standard pay rate for that position. 3 years later they're hiring guys at $25 an hour, same job title, and same work load/performance. But you accepted your $20 an hour when you were hired and now you're stuck with it.

No one ever wants the players to renegotiate. The Revis thing, when he signed two years ago it was made clear that this was a short term fix that needed to be redone in 2 years. Now 2 years later, Jets changed their mind on renegotiating, and Revis is evil.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #22
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:

That's a terrible analogy, no offense.

I think if you sign a contract, you should be forced to play it out. If MJD thought he was going to be worth more than that, he should have tried at the initial phase of signing the contract to get more money. You sign a contract, deal with it. You once agreed to what is in writing. Play it out.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:40 AM   #23
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

I think if you sign a contract, you should be forced to play it out. If MJD thought he was going to be worth more than that, he should have tried at the initial phase of signing the contract to get more money. You sign a contract, deal with it. You once agreed to what is in writing. Play it out.
Contracts aren't guaranteed. Jags could terminate his contract if he showed up tomorrow and got hurt. I see nothing wrong with a player trying to get as much money as he can, while he can. Teams can trade you, threaten to cut you unless you restructure/take pay cut, etc. But a player can't say he wants a raise?

Mojo won't get his deal but he deserves it.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #24
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

New Questions in OP

1. Peyton Manning signed for 5 years/96 million. What would it take for him to officially be a "bust" signing? Is it he has to return to the old Peyton Manning? Or do you think the Broncos will be fine with overpaying him should they only get 80% of his old self, as that's still really good? What kind of season statistics would he need for you to say "wow, they should have never done that."?

2. Rookies Kendall Wright (20th pick), Doug Martin (31), and Isaiah Pead (50) were recently given extremely high praise. A Titans coach who coached a rookie Andre Johnson said he sees every bit as much potential in Wright as he did in Dre. Pead was recently compared by Jeff Fisher to his old RB Chris Johnson. Doug Martin has been placed #1 on the depth chart over LeGarrette Blount and is projected by Rotoworld as a top 15 fantasy pick. Do you know anything about these players? Are their coaches just overhyped about their potential/productivity? Are any of these guys in a better position to succeed than the rest?

3. LeGarrette Blount has had some bulldozing highlights as well as some high flying ones during his first 2 years. He has a 4.6 average in those years and 11 TD's in 27 games. Yet at the beginning of this year he's #2 to Doug Martin. Should he be used as a primary power back in this league with 250+ carries? Or is he better suited as a complement?

4. How important will the loss of Sean Payton play in the Saints' season? Is Drew Brees and the surrounding offensive talent enough to make as if he's still there? Or will his sharp offensive mind be sorely missed on the sidelines and it possibly affect their record?

5. You watch your team more than anyone else. What player is underappreciated around the league? Who is deserving of pro bowls that they don't make? Who doesn't get the media attention they deserve?

6. Ryan Fitzpatrick was all the rage early last season. He started off strong in '11 after a solid 23 TD/15 INT season in '10. After he signed a 6 year/59 mil extension his play fell off. He had 12 TD's, 6 INT's, and a 4-2 record before. After, he had 12 TD's, 17 INT's, and a 2-8 record.

Do you believe Fitzpatrick is an actual capable starting QB who was deserving of the extension? Does he have what it takes to be a solid QB on a playoff team? Or was he fool's gold...cashing in on solid play and then falling off. What do you expect in 2012?
Old 08-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #25
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

But the owners can cancel it. There either has to be two way guarantees, or this kind of crap. It can't be players must honor, but teams cutting players, that's great.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #26
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
New Questions in OP

1. Peyton Manning signed for 5 years/96 million. What would it take for him to officially be a "bust" signing? Is it he has to return to the old Peyton Manning? Or do you think the Broncos will be fine with overpaying him should they only get 80% of his old self, as that's still really good? What kind of season statistics would he need for you to say "wow, they should have never done that."?

If he's injured and out, or injured to the point he can't make normal throws. Overpaying never bothers me unless it keeps you from doing other things you wanted to do. What did they need to do other than this?

2. Rookies Kendall Wright (20th pick), Doug Martin (31), and Isaiah Pead (50) were recently given extremely high praise. A Titans coach who coached a rookie Andre Johnson said he sees every bit as much potential in Wright as he did in Dre. Pead was recently compared by Jeff Fisher to his old RB Chris Johnson. Doug Martin has been placed #1 on the depth chart over LeGarrette Blount and is projected by Rotoworld as a top 15 fantasy pick. Do you know anything about these players? Are their coaches just overhyped about their potential/productivity? Are any of these guys in a better position to succeed than the rest?

I really wouldn't know. Preseason hype sometimes is too much. The Giants RB pick is being praised as so fast they are worried he hurts himself on his violent cuts (he's so fast he'll break something). Not sure at all but lean toward hype.

3. LeGarrette Blount has had some bulldozing highlights as well as some high flying ones during his first 2 years. He has a 4.6 average in those years and 11 TD's in 27 games. Yet at the beginning of this year he's #2 to Doug Martin. Should he be used as a primary power back in this league with 250+ carries? Or is he better suited as a complement?

I'm not knowledgable enough about him to give a good opinion, sorry.

4. How important will the loss of Sean Payton play in the Saints' season? Is Drew Brees and the surrounding offensive talent enough to make as if he's still there? Or will his sharp offensive mind be sorely missed on the sidelines and it possibly affect their record?

I don't think the loss of him matters as much as the fact the team won't let it go. I don't think mentally they are in a good place. I get US AGAINST THE WORLD but they sound more like whining than defiance. It's more "everyone else ruined out season". I think it catches up with them and they are a 9-7ish team rather than a 12-4ish one.

5. You watch your team more than anyone else. What player is underappreciated around the league? Who is deserving of pro bowls that they don't make? Who doesn't get the media attention they deserve?

This is hard since we won the Superbowl. I think Nicks. He is a legitimate #1 type receiver. He's big, he has fantastic hands and he was still productive even when he was double covered. i guarantee half the fans in the board take the Cowboys or Eagles starters over the Giants two because they just don't think Nicks is the real deal.

6. Ryan Fitzpatrick was all the rage early last season. He started off strong in '11 after a solid 23 TD/15 INT season in '10. After he signed a 6 year/59 mil extension his play fell off. He had 12 TD's, 6 INT's, and a 4-2 record before. After, he had 12 TD's, 17 INT's, and a 2-8 record.

Do you believe Fitzpatrick is an actual capable starting QB who was deserving of the extension? Does he have what it takes to be a solid QB on a playoff team? Or was he fool's gold...cashing in on solid play and then falling off. What do you expect in 2012?

I think it's possible. I'm not sure the rush to an extension. I don't like QB's who need to be so accurate to be effective because there arms are week (like Alex Smith). I think it limits you too much. Again using Alex Smith as an example, look how ridiculously efficient he is at times to get results. Can Fitzpatrick do that?

I expect him to be average.

Can you have a question next week about the Jets 2 QB and how they plan to change to a different offense inside the redzone and if people think it will work? I find that very interesting.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #27
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If Denver misses the post season, Peyton will be seen as "washed up" and a bad signing regardless of his stats...by the fans anyway

it is the wrong way to judge QBs, but it is the reality of how people judge them.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #28
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far

2. I think Martin will have a great rookie season somewhere along the lines of 1100/8 if he's given the amount of carries. I'm not that high on Wright and the fact that the coach sees a potential Andre in him is laughable. Wright isn't half the prospect Andre was. Pead should be somewhat productive as he's a good change of pace back from Steven Jackson. Martin out of these 3 will have the most success but Trent Richardson will blow them out of the water.

5. Antonio Smith is EXTREMELY underrated. He's been our best defensive for the past 2-3 years prior to last season. He's an absolute animal, top 7 3-4 DE. Brian Cushing is a top 3 ILB to knowledgeable football fans but somehow he missed the Pro Bowl last season after having an All-Pro season.

Last edited by TheNaturalWR : 08-03-2012 at 04:09 PM.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #29
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

80% of Peyton Manning for that money is still a really good signing. When he's 100% he is arguably the best Quarter Back in the league. You know who's not considered the best QB in the league but is making that kind of money? Eli Manning. 80% of Peyton is as good if not better than Eli.

It would basically take them not making the play-offs or having an early round exit while Peyton's not putting up top 5 numbers for anyone to consider him a bust.

I'd say Kendall Wright. When Britt went down last season alot of the recieving fell on Nate Washington. Assuming Britt either gets hurt or suspended which are both likely, Wright will have a big opportunity to step up. Pead I don't know much about and Doug Martin will probably split alot of snaps with Blount.

I think he's better suited as a compliment. I can see him stepping up if Martin gets hurt and having a solid season but getting rest by sitting some plays and coming out against a tired defense will provide him with more opportunities to make some big plays.

You know it's really hard to say. The Saints have had to adjust before to missing Peyton when he got hurt. This time is different because he's not the only suspension and I honestly see his presense as having a great effect on the team and I can't expect there record to be as good as it was last season.

On the Giants? I don't really think anyone is unappreciated on the Giants anymore after last season. Before last season I would have said Eli and Coughlin but at this point...everyone seems to be in good light with the media and league.

If his team can stay healthy, unlike last season I think he can have a good season that proves he was worth the money he got. He's definitely got starting QB talent. Its hard seeing a peak for him maybe other then a top 10 QB and when I say that I mean like #10.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #30
Wally450
A Paul Heyman Guy

Wally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
New Questions in OP

1. It's weird seeing how the Broncos are paying Peyton off "hype". I mean the guy hasn't played in over a year an is in his mid to late 30's! If he can revert to his old self and push the team to the playoffs it surely won't be labeled as a bust. If Peyton has a negative TD/INT ratio, thats one thing for me to say wow they shouldn't have done that. Another would be not making the playoffs with a below average season.

2. I watched Kendall Wright a bit in college with RGIII. He was a great number 1 with great speed and hands. Comparing him to Andre to me is a bit farfetched, but I'm not the one evaluating him to the practice field so I don't really have a say.

3. Personally I can see this duo being really dangerous this season. Sort of like the Titans did a couple years back with Lendale White and Chris Johnson. Let Martin get the yards and about 70% of the carries, while Blount gets the redone carries and 30%, including short 3rd down plays.

4. Its definitely going to hurt the Saints seeing how they're interim coach is a D coordinator. Brees can run and offense, but only for so long and that is where Payton's knowledge would come into play. They'll survive this season, but there will be times where Payton not being there will hurt the Saints.

5. As a Patriots fan, Brandon Spikes is in the media, but for the wrong reasons. This guy is a beast if he can keep his mind in the game, and can make it to multiple Pro Bowls in the future. Offensively I'll go with Danny Woodhead. Guys a competitor. This might be a reach for some, but I see Woodhead as a Ray Rice kind of guy in terms of pass catching ability. He gets the necessary yards after catch and for a 5'8 frame, it still takes 2-3 guys to take him down.

6. This one is a toss up for me, I really don't know. Theres times when the guy looks like he can throw for 5,000 and 30/6. But then he'll come out and throw 2-3 picks a game and sacked multiple times. I honestly can say this guy can't lead an NFL team to the playoffs, I just can't.

This will be fun, I am in for this to continue throughout the season
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: