Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-04-2012, 06:12 AM   #31
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2012 StateProperty's Six-Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Can you have a question next week about the Jets 2 QB and how they plan to change to a different offense inside the redzone and if people think it will work? I find that very interesting.
I was reading about that on espn. Good question for after their 1st preseason game and also interested because I watched the McNabb/Vick duo fail.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #32
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
I was reading about that on espn. Good question for after their 1st preseason game and also interested because I watched the McNabb/Vick duo fail.
Personally i think it's to put Tebow in a situation where he looks better so they can move him to starter but that might be just me because i doubt so much of what that team does.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #33
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR

5. Antonio Smith is EXTREMELY underrated. He's been our best defensive for the past 2-3 years prior to last season. He's an absolute animal, top 7 3-4 DE. Brian Cushing is a top 3 ILB to knowledgeable football fans but somehow he missed the Pro Bowl last season after having an All-Pro season.
That's the kind of answer I was looking for. I doubt many have even heard of him and probably those who have can't describe his game. Myself included. I'll be on the lookout now.

The Eagles have an underrated O-line besides Jason Peters. PFF graded Evan Mathis as the best LG last year, Kelce was a surprise starter as a late round rookie, and after years of being a great LG Todd Herremans made an easy transition to blocking Vick's blind side.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:16 AM   #34
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

1a. What do you think of the Jets trying to use both Sanchez/Tebow? I personally watched the McNabb/Vick experiment fail. The problem is you don't allow your starter to get into a rhythm, or you take him out of one by subbing in a backup QB. Will subbing in Tebow in red zone situations be good for the team and for scoring opportunities? Or will it negatively affect Sanchez and in turn make their offense less cohesive?

1b. Will Tebow become a full time starter this season? Will it be due to fan/media pressure, Sanchez's poor play, or both? If the Jets are eliminated from playoff contention will they throw Tebow in as starter to "see what they have?" Or should they already know from tape?

2. What are you expecting in Jamaal Charles' return season from injury? He had freakish 5.3, 5.9, and 6.4 ypc averages in three straight years. Can he return to those numbers as he is still just 25? Even if it isn't those numbers, do you expect over 1000 rushing yards playing alongside Hillis? Are they potentially the best 1-2 combo in the league?

3. The NFL will have 13 weeks of Thursday Night Football this year, exclusive to NFL Network. How do you feel about Thursday Night Football? Could it eventually become as popular as Monday Night? Do you get excited for a TNF game if your team isn't playing? Should they just scrap the game and keep it strictly Sunday/Monday? How do you feel about it given that the teams play on a short week?

4. Who will play in the Super Bowl this year? Prediction of the 2 teams, a winner, and why?

5. What are your thoughts on Josh Freeman? After an outstanding '10 he regressed severely in '11. Was it just a bad year that he'll be able to bounce back from? Or have defenses "figured him out" now that they have more tape on him and he just really isn't that good? Can the Vincent Jackson/Mike Williams duo be a strong force or will Freeman hold them back? Is Freeman top 15? Top 20? Top 25? Where does he rank?

6. Who will be the better rookie, RG3 or Luck? Who will be better in 3 years? Who will have the better career? What should be given as "fair" expectations to each as a rookie given their receivers/line/coaching to work with?
Old 08-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #35
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1a. What do you think of the Jets trying to use both Sanchez/Tebow? I personally watched the McNabb/Vick experiment fail. The problem is you don't allow your starter to get into a rhythm, or you take him out of one by subbing in a backup QB. Will subbing in Tebow in red zone situations be good for the team and for scoring opportunities? Or will it negatively affect Sanchez and in turn make their offense less cohesive?

I don't like it. I think they need to stick to Sanchez. As inconsistent as he may be, he is going to be a better option for the Jets. I think putting Tebow in in any circumstance will negatively impact Sanchez, especially since we have already seen how he can be affected by the media and things his teammates say.

1b. Will Tebow become a full time starter this season? Will it be due to fan/media pressure, Sanchez's poor play, or both? If the Jets are eliminated from playoff contention will they throw Tebow in as starter to "see what they have?" Or should they already know from tape?

Tebow WILL NOT be a starter for the Jets. The only way is if Sanchez gets hurt. Tebow would get absolutely lit up by New York media once he had a bad performance, which would be his first game.

2. What are you expecting in Jamaal Charles' return season from injury? He had freakish 5.3, 5.9, and 6.4 ypc averages in three straight years. Can he return to those numbers as he is still just 25? Even if it isn't those numbers, do you expect over 1000 rushing yards playing alongside Hillis? Are they potentially the best 1-2 combo in the league?

I am very intrigued by his comeback. He was an absolute monster towards the end of 2011 and his first game in 2012 before getting hurt. I have to imagine a torn ACL will slow him down a lot. Adding in Hillis is very interesting. I could very well see them as a more effective version of Bradshaw/Jacobs, which could easily make them the best 1-2 punch in the league.

3. The NFL will have 13 weeks of Thursday Night Football this year, exclusive to NFL Network. How do you feel about Thursday Night Football? Could it eventually become as popular as Monday Night? Do you get excited for a TNF game if your team isn't playing? Should they just scrap the game and keep it strictly Sunday/Monday? How do you feel about it given that the teams play on a short week?

The only reason why I enjoy the game is for its fantasy football implications. If I don't have anyone playing and my team isn't playing, I couldn't care less about the game. It would take a long time before Thursday night football could rival the success and prestige held by Monday night football. I would say scrap the game and the those teams have more time to practice/recover.

4. Who will play in the Super Bowl this year? Prediction of the 2 teams, a winner, and why?

Packers vs Broncos. The Broncos defense led them to the playoffs with Tebow at the helm, so why can't they get to the superbowl with Peyton? Packers are the team to beat in the NFC still, so they are my safe pick.

5. What are your thoughts on Josh Freeman? After an outstanding '10 he regressed severely in '11. Was it just a bad year that he'll be able to bounce back from? Or have defenses "figured him out" now that they have more tape on him and he just really isn't that good? Can the Vincent Jackson/Mike Williams duo be a strong force or will Freeman hold them back? Is Freeman top 15? Top 20? Top 25? Where does he rank?

I think Freeman will definitely show that he is top 15 this year. Last year was definitely a slump and he is going to come back swinging. Adding in VJax is going to help him out tremendously and he is going to have his best year yet.

6. Who will be the better rookie, RG3 or Luck? Who will be better in 3 years? Who will have the better career? What should be given as "fair" expectations to each as a rookie given their receivers/line/coaching to work with?

Better rookie season: RG3. Better after that: Luck. RG3 has a playing style that is still unique in the NFL, and it will take some time for teams to adjust. Meanwhile, Luck is very technically sound. He knows what to do and how to do it. He will become a top 5 quarter back within five years.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #36
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

The Jets have trouble with small things. That they are going to be the first time to succesfully use two QB's is laughable to me. The Jets actually were a very good (one of the best) red zone teams last season, there problems are between the 20's which makes this even more ridiculous to me.

I think Tebow will be the starter. Even if Sanchez does well, the "put Tebow in from time to time" is going to result in Tebow getting spectactular moments here and there. The deck is stacked in his favor, with this and also with the Jets tough opening schedule.

I'd like it more if the presentation wasn't so absolutely crappy. The Jets/Broncos game last year was embarassing. The announcers didn't even know some of the rules, plus they weren't aware how many timeouts the Jets had at the end, etc.

Tough. I'll say Texans in the AFC (easier road) and Packers in the NFC. Not confident at all. The Packers looked terrified against the Giants, specifically the defense. After not looking like that all year. But they are still the best team.

I think he's just ok. Maybe top 20.

RG3 will be the better rookie because his team is better and he'll be in easier situations to succeed. I think Luck will be the better pro though. I like pocket QB's better than ones with Happy feet.

See above
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #37
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

I think it's a joke. Yeah It will definitely have a negative impact on Sanchez...and the negative impact could extend. Let's say Sanchez leads the Jets all the way up the field to the 15....and they take him out for Tebow. Not only does Sanchez feel bummed that he wont be rewarding his team with points after all his hard work...he loses rythem but the players who don't come off the field have a sudden change of pace from something that's been working. It's going to **** them up too. This could hurt red zone situations for the Jets.

It's honestly too early to tell. I have not seen Sanchez in a live game situation yet and I haven't seen Tebow in one either. Once I see how they look in pre-season and after week 1 I could give you prediction worth reading. Anything at this point is just a guess...because you never really know in football.

If I had to guess though...if they can get through the first 6 weeks in decent shape I can see Sanchez leading the to a wild card spot.

I think he can return to those numbers but not right away. Historically RBs coming back from ACL injuries take a while to get back in to the speed of the NFL. I thought it was a great move getting Hillis because it takes a load of Charles so he can get healthier and eventually get back to what he was. Right now, they look like the best 1-2 combo in the league.

I can watch football any day of the week. I'm not picky...just throw on a game and I'll watch it.

49ers in the NFC. They were a Ted Ginn injury away from the SB and brought back all 11 starters on defense while improving their offense significantly.

In the AFC...the Texans if they can stay healthy. They have all the tools necessary to get their. Elite WR, RB, Great defense and a very good QB...they just have more then the Ravens and the Patriots have no run game and a defense that is still pretty bad.

I don't like doing this but 49ers vs Texans with the 49ers winning.

I can't really ever see him bieng top 10. Top 15 sounds right and I think he will bounce back and have a solid 2012. Nothing too flashy but having Vincent Jackson will definitely help.

Luck will have the better rookie season and be better in a few years. RGIII is in a bad situation. Shannahan is already trying to make him a pocket QB, which he is not....and Shannahan is not known for developing young QBs. I think this will cause him to struggle...putting the DC media and fans on his back early. Those fans are tough over there they're at the bottom looking up at a tough division. Luck is just too good and in good fit. In Indy they know its a rebuild and will give him time to grow in to a great QB. He already has the talent to do some good things this season.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:10 AM   #38
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

This thread isn't going where I wanted it. I like reading everyone's answers but I was hoping for a little more disagreement and arguing.

What does everyone think of an "Ask SP his football thoughts" thread? Might be more controversial and interesting if in asked about Eagles/NFC East or guys asking me about their own teams where I'll probably disagree on stuff. Yay or nay?
Old 08-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #39
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
This thread isn't going where I wanted it. I like reading everyone's answers but I was hoping for a little more disagreement and arguing.

What does everyone think of an "Ask SP his football thoughts" thread? Might be more controversial and interesting if in asked about Eagles/NFC East or guys asking me about their own teams where I'll probably disagree on stuff. Yay or nay?

That would definitely create more debate / back and forth. I did like reading peoples opinions on the questions you were asking though.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:42 AM   #40
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Each week (or every other week) I'll pose 6 questions to spark debate. If there's legit interest I'll keep it going all season.

I'm hoping for 2-3 sentence answers at least

I think the media has made the most of the situation tbh. Sanchez should be and rightfully IS the starter. Like any other team they should only resort to their backup when the starter doesn't cut it. The Vick/McNabb situation to me was a little different. Both good QB's, whereas the jets' situation both guys are relatively unproven (save the miracles Tebow has created thus far).
Competition should be welcomed and if it affects Sanchez then maybe he is not their guy

the Charles/Hillis combo could work extremely well. If Charles comes back even remotely close to what he used to be they are going to be a force together. I think the Gore, Jacobs combo will be more devastating though.

If they get the scheduling right so that teams aren't playing their division rivals/crucial games on the short week then I'm fine with football on anyday

I wanna go with my Giants but I think or WR core is still not very deep and we only got to the SuperBowl because of Eli and our defense.
I think the 49ers are a scary team in the NFC, their speed and power on defense and their slightly improved offense makes them the team to beat to me. of course the xfactor is whether Alex Smith can bring them to that level.
In the AFC I'll go with the Pats. they seem like the favourite EVERY year. I give the 49ers the edge

I think Freeman definitely has the tools. I dont think he is better than top 20. Sometimes a guy just has a bad season, but other times it could be overachieving. I definitely think he has room to grow though

I think Luck longterm will be the better player. RG3 is such a dynamic player, he may put more immediate pressure on opposing defenses, but after watching Luck in his first preseason game he already looks like he's been playing in he league for 5 years, he has a great feel for the game and has a crazy good arm, he was beating coverages all day. Luck has assets that will last when his body slows down, RG3 has yet to prove that, but the dude is a beast nonetheless
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:47 AM   #41
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Personally i think it's to put Tebow in a situation where he looks better so they can move him to starter but that might be just me because i doubt so much of what that team does.

i think you are right on the mark on this one, however, if im sanchez how shitty must it feel to come out of the game in the redzone?

they are gonna really have to work on this during the preseason, it is very hard to do something like this and make sure everyone is on the same page first play going into the red zone
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:39 AM   #42
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

We need more GOBB vs. PT for this to happen.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #43
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

1. Colt McCoy would be a solid backup for a team with a star QB. As a plug starter if need be, he can get a win or two. With contenders like the Packers, Eagles, and Broncos having shaky QB situations should they make a play for McCoy? What is his trade worth? Should they wait it out as he may be released, or pull the trigger now before he goes to another team?

2. If you were the Cardinals, what would you do with Kevin Kolb? Keep in mind the money he's making, what you gave up for him, and the limited trade value he would return at the moment.

3. Blaine Gabbert is 18-26 with 3 TD's/0 INT's in this short preseason. After a horrible looking 1st year is he off to live up to the expectations placed on him early? How much can Justin Blackmon help him?

4. CJ2K looked like his old self last night but is still behind a bad running O-line. What do you predict from him in '12? Will he look more like '10 than '11? He reportedly showed up out of shape last year and by reports he's back to his "old self." Is CJ2K a top 3 talent at RB as he was declared 2 years ago (as a top 2), or was he simply overrated then? If he had as good of a line and passing game (so the box isn't stacked) as some highly rated RB's would we say he's just as good?

(Last 2 questions to be posted after tonight's games)
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: