Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #1
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default the more than epic 'cloud atlas' trailer/footage has leeked, is back up, for now....

its getting pulled all the time so catch it while its up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWnAq...ayer_embedded#!
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Juges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: the more than epic 'cloud atlas' trailer/footage has leeked, is back up, for now....

Wow, can't wait to see this! Looks very interesting and a good cast to boot! I am going to try and read the book before the movie comes out.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: the more than epic 'cloud atlas' trailer/footage has leeked, is back up, for now....

WOW. My company too. So everyone see it!

Now we just need a Pacific Rim trailer.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #4
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Holy mother of god! I've got no idea what the film will be about (you're right that it has a The Fountain feeling to it from the trailer), but it sure looks fantastic.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #5
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
WOW. My company too. So everyone see it!

Now we just need a Pacific Rim trailer.

your company?
Old 07-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #6
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
your company?
YES I OWN IT. ITS MINE MINE!

Time Warner i mean, i work there.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #7
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
YES I OWN IT. ITS MINE MINE!

Time Warner i mean, i work there.

ok cool.

but they had nothing to do with the film, this is purely an independent film, the most expensive indie film ever made by my calculations. warner didnt want to finance it because it is such a strange/complicated story so tykwer and the waschowski's got private investment from germany and asia, huge process, this film was a massive undertaking. warner just leeched on after a screening of the film and bought the distribution rights in the u.s.

i always find that really insulting when a studio just gets some distribution writes and then blankets the trailer/opening/marketing of the film with their logo as if they had anything to do with the making of the film. obviously i understand films need distribution but its completely misleading to audiences.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
ok cool.

but they had nothing to do with the film, this is purely an independent film, the most expensive indie film ever made by my calculations. warner didnt want to finance it because it is such a strange/complicated story so tykwer and the waschowski's got private investment from germany and asia, huge process, this film was a massive undertaking. warner just leeched on after a screening of the film and bought the distribution rights in the u.s.

i always find that really insulting when a studio just gets some distribution writes and then blankets the trailer/opening/marketing of the film with their logo as if they had anything to do with the making of the film. obviously i understand films need distribution but its completely misleading to audiences.

Are we paying them for distribution? Why would we pay, but not put our logo? We find something fantastic, help get it further distribution, but not show our logo because it makes it less indy?

I don't think the audience cares, we have no brand awareness anyway. Seriously, i mean nothing. When you see DISNEY you think of one thing. When you see Warner you think of...UM DIDNT THEY DO LORD OF THE RINGS? UM...MAYBE...BATMAN? IS THAT MARVEL?

We tested, it means nothing to the audience.

I'm actually happy someone in my company recognizes quality. If you saw the way movies make money now, you'd be scared where they are going. The paying public not only goes to big budget movies in droves, they are practically the only films that make big money on DVD, rights fees, and overseas. Something that is not a big budget action film is almost a prestige thing only at times.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #9
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

that was one confusing trailer.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #10
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A 6 minute compilation of its epic moments, no need to watch the movie now
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #11
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Are we paying them for distribution? Why would we pay, but not put our logo? We find something fantastic, help get it further distribution, but not show our logo because it makes it less indy?

I don't think the audience cares, we have no brand awareness anyway. Seriously, i mean nothing. When you see DISNEY you think of one thing. When you see Warner you think of...UM DIDNT THEY DO LORD OF THE RINGS? UM...MAYBE...BATMAN? IS THAT MARVEL?

We tested, it means nothing to the audience.

I'm actually happy someone in my company recognizes quality. If you saw the way movies make money now, you'd be scared where they are going. The paying public not only goes to big budget movies in droves, they are practically the only films that make big money on DVD, rights fees, and overseas. Something that is not a big budget action film is almost a prestige thing only at times.

sure, i agree with most of that.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:24 AM   #12
BuffaloBill
Go Dawgs!

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Holy Schnikes
BuffaloBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:08 AM   #13
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wow, I think I'm about to go buy the book this weekend after watching that.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:19 AM   #14
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Wow, I think I'm about to go buy the book this weekend after watching that.
I did that earlier today.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:27 AM   #15
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Honestly this doesn't look that good. It looks pretty weird. Up until The Davinci Code I didn't think Tom Hanks had ever been in a bad movie. Now, I'm skeptical with any movie he makes.

Also, what is epic about that trailer exactly? I can't even make out a plot and when your trailer doesn't even present a story line how can a movie look good?

It reminds me of that weird movie Babel and Crash rolled into one. I hope this gets great reviews because I'm not seeing this based on this trailer.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: