Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation
Default Sun - Hornets - Wolves deal in trouble?

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...ns-up-air.html

Also on the rumors page.

NO is surprisingly at the cap (??) and what they send is an issue ? I would have thought unloading Okafor would have saved them but perhaps there are holds I am not aware of. Also the Suns might not be getting enough.

I wonder if any of these 3 teams could approach Toronto to make the deal fit a'la Jose Calderon.

I would presume "Steve Nash lite" for a year in the dessert would be good for he Suns

Equally NO could use Jose very strong skills with a rookie team and Ausitn Rivers as their primary option.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation
Default Re: Sun - Hornets - Wolves deal in trouble?

Quote:
I wonder if any of these 3 teams could approach Toronto to make the deal fit a'la Jose Calderon.
Extremely doubtful.
Quote:
I would presume "Steve Nash lite" for a year in the dessert would be good for he Suns
Why would it be good for the Suns? They just gave Dragic that 4 year 30 mill deal which essentially handed over the reigns to the team to him. They have no incentive whatsoever to trade assets or draft picks to pick up Calderon for a year.

Quote:
Equally NO could use Jose very strong skills with a rookie team and Ausitn Rivers as their primary option.
NO has even LESS of an incentive than PHX to pick up a 1 year rental Calderon for 9 mill. NO has next to nothing on the books for next season, and they definitely won't be trying to win anything. This season will be primarily about giving Rivers and Davis a ton of burn like how OKC did with it's young guys early on. Then for next season to either get another good guy through the draft, or through free agency, or both. I don't see how Toronto fits into either equation.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

The Raps roster looks like its set in stone right now.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #4
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Why would it be good for the Suns? They just gave Dragic that 4 year 30 mill deal which essentially handed over the reigns to the team to him. They have no incentive whatsoever to trade assets or draft picks to pick up Calderon for a year.

I had forgotten all about Drajic - you are correct. Suns dont need Jose at all.

Still NO is a decentfit in my mind but their cap issues might be a problem. Its hard to believe they are at the cap having dones the Washington deal which was a cap clearing one - or so I thought.

I know people say roster is set but I was shocked when BC moved Shawn Marion out and Hedo in - and then was albe to move Hedo back out again. Then further move Jemaine in.

Like the man or not - like his moves or not - I will give credit to BC for being able to make deals. What comes back is always the question I know - but frankly there is a cost associated with havein Jose at training camp and all the "questions".

Further Jose agent seems to be working the phones as well according to the tweets so I wont count the deal as dead yet. More Olympic lull.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As of now that deal is over:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/82...ree-team-trade

NEW ORLEANS -- The Hornets, Suns and Timberwolves say a three-team deal has been completed that will send 7-foot center Robin Lopez and forward Hakim Warrick from Phoenix to New Orleans, while moving forward Wesley Johnson and a first-round draft pick from Minnesota to the Suns.

Word of the multiplayer trade first broke on Wednesday, though the final version had minor changes.

The deal sends the contracts of Jerome Dyson and Brad Miller from New Orleans to Phoenix. Minnesota receives three second-round draft picks in the deal.

The acquisition of Lopez fills a need at center for the Hornets, who traded away Emeka Okafor and let Chris Kaman go in free agency.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: