Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #46
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: my top-10 CB duos going into 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
lol Carbine got all threatened by me mentioning Browner and Sherman

"no way he knew of that before me!!!, he must have stole that opinion elsewhere!!!"

please Carbine, feel free to search the web up and down to find someone else with that opinion, you won't...it is my opinion. Seattle has the two tallest CBs to play together perhaps in the history of the game, both around 6'4"...which is just ridiculous obviously, and both have killer CB Metrics (where I formed the opinion) to show they don't give up much...they gave up very little against Dallas last week, can't wait to see what Rodgers can do there.

and Marlo might be wrong from time to time, but he is 100% right about you being a f@ggot. The over/under for how many cocks you will suck this year is much more than how many yards the Seattle CBs give up this year.

So that settles it, you didn't watch them play, you just go by the stats, which is exactly what I was getting at. You're taking someone elses opinion (whoever grades these guys) and making it your own.

Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #47
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I looked at stats...no one else has that opinion (that I know of)

guess what, when a CB is doing good THEY AREN'T EVEN ON THE TV SCREEN ANYWAY.

that is something that always irked about about Nnamdi lovers when he was at Oakland...why you love him so much when you CAN'T watch him play?...he had NO highlights, he was NEVER on TV...he was on the side of the field where the cameras where not pointing, and the ball was not being thrown at.

besides, I know I watched at least 3 Seattle games last year, they played Dallas for one and the then believe it or not Carbfag I watch a shit load of football...

this is WHY you're a f@ggot though, you are on a mission to say I am a liar with no reason to...you can't just accept what I am saying.

Last edited by -p.tiddy- : 09-20-2012 at 04:35 PM.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #48
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Unless you're able to watch coach's tape of every NFL game, stats are necessary to make comparisons.

Anyway, I'd put the 49ers duo up near the top along with the Ravens and Texans duo's somewhere.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #49
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117
Unless you're able to watch coach's tape of every NFL game, stats are necessary to make comparisons.

Anyway, I'd put the 49ers duo up near the top along with the Ravens and Texans duo's somewhere.
exactly

The ONLY way I could even list who is the best CB duo in the league WITHOUT looking at stats would be to watch the coaches tape of every single game in the NFL and focus on every single CB in the entire NFL

you have to look at stats...no one can do the alternative to looking at stats who doesn't do that for a living...cept maybe Carbine, who keeps his own CB metrics for 3 players
Old 09-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #50
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

What were their metrics?
Old 09-20-2012, 05:41 PM   #51
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
What were their metrics?
don't remember exact numbers but both ranked very well last year in burn % and other stats like QB rating against...

someone with a PFF account posted them on either prosportsdaily or footballsfuture
Old 09-20-2012, 05:43 PM   #52
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

here are some quick CB metrics I found...

http://footballoutsiders.com/stat-an...ing-stats-2011

Sherman listed on every chart
Old 09-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #53
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Burn percentage is a very debatable stat to say the least. It's far down the list, IMO, of evaluating a corner.

Where was Browner? I didn't see his name anywhere.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #54
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Burn % is the main stat used by most I have found when debating who did better...it is just the % of catches you give when being thrown at

100 targets / 25 completions = a burn % of 25%

not sure what there is to debate about that...

I remember seeing both Sherman and Browner ranked very high...PFF and FO can have very different stats though, I know their stats for Nnamdi last year are worlds apart...what is or isn't a target is very subjective
Old 09-25-2012, 01:28 PM   #55
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Burn percentage is a very debatable stat to say the least. It's far down the list, IMO, of evaluating a corner.

Where was Browner? I didn't see his name anywhere.
so did you see Browner last night?...see what a tall physical CB he is?...do you still need stats?

both Browner and Sherman are young as hell too...

now with Revis out, I would have them as the #1 CB duo in the NFL...the are just lock down sick
Old 09-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #56
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

This is what I saw last year from Browner and Sherman too when they played Dallas...
Old 09-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #57
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

They are super impressive. No question.

They have the best safety duo in the league, bar none, IMO. Those two are All-Pro worthy at their positions. It's almost like having prime Adrian Wilson (Chancelor) and Ed Reed (Thomas) back there.

I did see Browner led the league in penalties though. But last year was last year, so maybe he has toned it down and improved in that area while not sacrificing his game one bit.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #58
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

1. Seahawks - Browner/Sherman
2. Cowboys - Carr/Claiborne
3. Eagles - Asomugha/Rodgers-Cromartie
4. Rams - Finnegan/Jenkins
5. Broncos - Bailey/Porter

^^^ the current top-5

teams with CB injuries removed
Old 09-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #59
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Brandon Browner is a freak CFL swag.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #60
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
1. Seahawks - Browner/Sherman
2. Cowboys - Carr/Claiborne
3. Eagles - Asomugha/Rodgers-Cromartie
4. Rams - Finnegan/Jenkins
5. Broncos - Bailey/Porter

^^^ the current top-5

teams with CB injuries removed

Bailey and Porter isn't even close. Porter is ****ing garbage. Any other duo would be better than the Broncos duo.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: