Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-29-2012, 04:08 AM   #1
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Undisputed best pound for pound player?

So the term may be a little foreign to NBA fans but it's widely used in the boxing realm and other sports.

Who is the best pound for pound player in your eyes?

IMO it's Iverson hands down. The NBA has him listed at 6'0, which most likely means he's 5'11 or maybe even a bit shorter than that. Even Isiah was listed at 6'1.

To do with he did given his short and skinny stature says a lot about his work ethic and determination. Also AI could probably go down as one of the most passionate players of all time as well. I remember seeing an interview with him and Stephen A. Doofus in which he randomly broke out into tears when they started talking about his relationship with Larry Brown (near 2008).

also could easily go down as the quickest PG ever, also multiple critics have stated he's also the "toughest pound for pound player of all time"

Last edited by BlueandGold : 07-29-2012 at 04:11 AM.
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:19 AM   #2
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Undisputed best pound for pound player?

Came in here expecting AI. Was not disappointed.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:23 AM   #3
TerranOP
Kids at the park dunk on me

TerranOP has an OK reputation so far

Probably still Jordan.
TerranOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:30 AM   #4
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Durant
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:00 AM   #5
Crimzon
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Crimzon has an OK reputation so far

Pound for Pound is based on weight, not height....
Crimzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:19 AM   #6
BoutPractice
I'll pass

BoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputation

Assuming the NBA version is based on height, the best "pound for pound" player in the league today would be Chris Paul, followed by Rajon Rondo.
Chris Paul has few weaknesses in his game aside from his height, he's an MVP caliber player most of his years in the league so far.

All time, I would say Tiny Archibald. Though I haven't seen much of him (except past his prime on the 1981 Celtics, though he was still very impressive), he averaged more than 30 points and 10 assists one season, was a 3 time All-NBA first teamer and twice was in the top 5 for MVP voting.
Other contenders would include Isiah Thomas, Allen Iverson, John Stockton and Bob Cousy.
BoutPractice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:03 AM   #7
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm not sure how "pound for pound" is supposed to apply when basketball doesn't have weight classes in the first place. Derrick Rose plays in the same game that Andrew Bynum does.
NumberSix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #8
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's got to be Eddy Curry or Oliver Miller.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #9
Coffee Black
I hit open layups

Coffee Black has an OK reputation so far

Hate to sound like a hater or troll right now, but there is a reason why they have the pound for pound concept in sports like boxing or wrestling. It's because they have weight classes that isolating the top fighter in each division from competing against the other. Basketball doesn't. That's why Jordan is the best and would be the best no matter how you look at it.
Coffee Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #10
O_City_Thunder
THUNDER UP!

O_City_Thunder has decent reputationO_City_Thunder has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzon

O_City_Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #11
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Are we really gonna argue the definaition of pound for pound? We all understand the point OP is trying to make, let's not bust his balls about it and just engage in a cool topic
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #12
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzon

AI weighed around 170 didnt he? that's pretty scrawny for an NBA player.
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #13
Coffee Black
I hit open layups

Coffee Black has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
Are we really gonna argue the definaition of pound for pound? We all understand the point OP is trying to make, let's not bust his balls about it and just engage in a cool topic

Ya but I mean come on, if Jordan (from195-216 lbs) with out this "pound for pound" basis is already considered by most to be the best when in consideration with guys like Wilt(275 lbs), Shaq (>300 lbs), Barkley (250 lbs), etc., then if you consider size disparity he is still the best.
Coffee Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #14
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

I'd just do this by height if i had to do it.

That is more relevant (even tho it still doesn't really matter...if Isiah was a little taller, he coulda been better...but if Shaq was even faster, then he woulda been better too...or if Yao was actually agile, he coulda been a top ten GOAT).
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #15
Linspired
Great young streetballer

Linspired has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
AI weighed around 170 didnt he? that's pretty scrawny for an NBA player.

jordan dominated the league at 195lb-215lb(peak) AI would have to be a 90lb wuss to match jordan's dominance pound for pound.
Linspired is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: