Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Can we get a few stickied threads in here?

1: Favorite YouTube Vid. Thread
2: What are you currently listening to thread
3: Movie recommendation thread

I've a feeling the vast majority of the community here would approve.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Can we get a few stickied threads in here?

nawwwwwww
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Those threads are posted enough in, that stickies don't really matter. I have never seen the movie thread go beyond page 3 for example. If there are any threads that repeatedly get reposted because they slip to page 10 and are hard to find, then maybe those would deserve stickied, but I don't know what threads those would be.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Those threads are posted enough in, that stickies don't really matter. I have never seen the movie thread go beyond page 3 for example. If there are any threads that repeatedly get reposted because they slip to page 10 and are hard to find, then maybe those would deserve stickied, but I don't know what threads those would be.

I had to go WAY back to find the favorite youtube clips thread, as you can see.

They'd be posted in a lot more often if stickied, and would be much easier to find.

Why have to go to page 3 even to post in a thread that multiple people post in daily?

Last edited by FatComputerNerd : 07-28-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
I had to go WAY back to find the favorite youtube clips thread, as you can see.

They'd be posted in a lot more often if stickied, and would be much easier to find.

Why have to go to page 3 even to post in a thread that multiple people post in daily?

I guess. I don't really pay close attention to the youtube thread, so that is why I wasn't really aware of it's need. Some boards end up cluttering at the top with stickied threads, so I don't mind too much looking 3 pages for the movie thread if it means not eventually having 6-8 threads cluttering the top.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #6
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

Quote:
I guess. I don't really pay close attention to the youtube thread, so that is why I wasn't really aware of it's need. Some boards end up cluttering at the top with stickied threads, so I don't mind too much looking 3 pages for the movie thread if it means not eventually having 6-8 threads cluttering the top.

Most major forums have at least those 3 main ones stickied, and generally a few more as well.

Also, 3 threads ≠ 6-8.

=-)
Old 07-28-2012, 04:15 PM   #7
soadrules
Good High School Starter

soadrules has decent reputation

Quote:

The only thing would be the celebrity bucket list game or whatever. It would probably be in bad taste to sticky that up.

PS: How was your surgery?
soadrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #8
Myth

Quote:

Also, 3 threads ≠ 6-8.

=-)

Slippery slope my friend.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #9
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by soadrules
The only thing would be the celebrity bucket list game or whatever. It would probably be in bad taste to sticky that up.

PS: How was your surgery?

Surgery went well. I came home yesterday, and I am happy to eat non-hospital food again. First thing I did was stopped by DQ and got a blizzard and chicken strips with gravy.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #10
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

Bump, in case Jeff didn't see it.

BTW, I am also glad you're surgery went well.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #11
Myth

Quote:
Bump, in case Jeff didn't see it.

BTW, I am also glad you're surgery went well.

Thanks. I am happy to be using stairs again after just 6 days versus the 2 weeks doctors told me, because that means I can get to my xbox to entertain myself.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #12
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Listen to the guy who just got a new organ. He's right.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #13
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

Then I am left w/ no choice but to bookmark THIS thread, for easy access to the other three.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #14
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

I think you're the only one who even wants these threads stickied. And how hard is it to bookmark something? Come on now.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #15
Myth

Quote:
Then I am left w/ no choice but to bookmark THIS thread, for easy access to the other three.

Yeah, there is always the option of bookmarking in your own browser.

Another option is to have a thread like this stickied and just have the first post edited to include links to popular threads. Then you could have 20 threads linked in this 1 thread stickied at the top of the forum. That would work without cluttering the board.

Last edited by Myth : 07-29-2012 at 12:13 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: