Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Sneaker Forum

Sneaker Forum Sneakers message board - basketball shoes forum board, basketball gear forum

Old 07-28-2012, 03:11 AM   #1
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Best Sneakers for Defensive Footwork?

Hello all,

As the title implies, I'm in the market for a pair of sneakers. I was a guy who'd get out on the court a couple of times a month, but recently my pickup group has shifted more towards a multiple times a week schedule.

This isn't a serious group by any means, not even a league at all (haven't played on a team since middle school), but all of us are early-mid 20s guys in decent shape and there's a good enough amount of motion (we play about 75% 2x2 and 3x3, the rest is full court) that's convinced me that I need to pick up something other than one of my pairs of Pumas (lol don't hate, they're solid for pretty much everything else).

Most of my game is predicated on shutting my man down, so while it almost certainly wouldn't make a difference on the casual/recreational level, I figured I'd look for shoes that help me to those ends. Something that doesn't impede (or even helps with) footwork, particularly for lateral sliding and in quick steps to force a guy to his left are right would be great (some bounce and support would be nice, but those aren't priorities). Haven't shopped for basketball shoes in some time so I'm not sure if such a pair exists, but for peace of mind it would be nice.

Price isn't an issue, but I guess two recs, for a sub-$100 and for any pair would be great. If what I'm looking for doesn't exist, than any recs would be great. Any assistance is appreciated, thanks in advance.
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:04 AM   #2
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Best Sneakers for Defensive Footwork?

Huarache 2k4's have great traction for defensive slides. They just aren't as light as new releases. I got the recently retroed ones on Eastbay for $125 for my AAU season. I think if Nike releases an updated version of the Huaraches with the new lighter more flexible technology but the same traction and lockdown it might just be the greatest shoe ever.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: