Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 06-25-2006, 12:35 AM   #16
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation

id take a prime kemp over a 3 year pro Amare, kemps game was just nasty... wish he stayed in seatle...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:59 AM   #17
$ci

Whoever says Amare, does not know the NBA. Kemp in his prime dominated almost everyone, and he had no flaws in his game. He had the 17 footer, quick first step, and threw down dunks that were more ferocious than Amares.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:12 AM   #18
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ci
Whoever says Amare, does not know the NBA. Kemp in his prime dominated almost everyone, and he had no flaws in his game. He had the 17 footer, quick first step, and threw down dunks that were more ferocious than Amares.

That's a bold statement. Amare in his 3rd year out of HS averaged 26 points, Kemp in his prime averaged 18-20 points. How is that dominating? Amare throws down ferocious dunks that no one else in the NBA can touch right now. His first step is ridiculous and his 17 footer is extremely underrated.

$ci, just how old are you? I'm 19 and I can only remember a little bit of Kemp. His best year was 1995-1996 and he began to fall off shortly after. Judging by your writting you can't be that much older then 19, so I definately question your judgement.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:14 AM   #19
Bill Swerski

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
Why is that? Better then he can dream? In his prime he was 20/11, Amare was 26/9 in his 3rd year. . .
Most years Kemp was like 16.5/9...

2nd Greatest Dunker of all time tho, and that's worth $$$$$
Old 06-25-2006, 02:18 AM   #20
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ci

Another reason that I don't take you seriously (other then knowing your kind of a bad poster) is that statement. He averaged nearly 4 turnovers and 4 fouls a game. Seems like those are pretty glaring flaws, especially the 4 TOs. Another flaw for someone you claim "dominated the NBA" is the fact that he only managed to average 20 points once his whole NBA career.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:19 AM   #21
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ci

Amare has a 15 foot jumper that is just as good as Kemp's was, a just as quick, if not quicker, first step, draws more fouls then Kemp, scored more then Kemp ever did, shot a higher percentage then Kemp ever did, and in terms of "ferocious dunkage", well I don't really think that's an offensive category.

I love how people hide behind the vague "if someone says such and such they just don't know the NBA."

Everything you just said about Kemp applies to Amare except Amare had an even more agressive offensive mentality and played with Steve Nash as opposed to Gary Payton. And oh yeah, Amare was in his 3rd year out of high school, Kemp peaked during his 4th-10th years, after coming out of College.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:19 AM   #22
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Bosh4life has an OK reputation so far

It depends what your team needs really, but overall i think i wuld take kemp.
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:32 AM   #23
markymark
Local High School Star

markymark has not been impressing people

GP + The Reignman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nash and Amare
markymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:35 AM   #24
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Bosh4life has an OK reputation so far

It's too bad i didn't watch b ball during the gary payton shawn kemp era. I really missed out.
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:36 AM   #25
Soundwave
College superstar

Soundwave is considered somewhat coolSoundwave is considered somewhat coolSoundwave is considered somewhat cool

As I recall, Kemp was a pretty nasty shot blocker and a good rebounder back in those days as well.

Amare has a better scoring game though, but you'd still get 20 ppg from a prime Kemp.

Tough to say.

If I was a GM, I'd take 1996 Kemp over Amare because there's still some question as to how the surgery will affect Amare.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:51 AM   #26
blinkbizk87
I airball my layups

blinkbizk87 has an OK reputation so far

kemp has been a 6 time all star, and 5 of those times he was a starter, ON THE WESTERN CONFERENCE! =), amares jump shot is not underrated, cause he doesnt really have one, hes just too different from kemp, hes not a threat from outside, and amare did not average 23 with barbosa at PG, in his 2nd year he averaged 20pts and over 3 turnovers for those hating on kemps handling abilities. amare never gets the ball out of the paint, just low post game, dunks, maybe a shot, but he misses it and gets the offensive rebound, kemp was just so much more explosive, watch a highlight movie of kemp and then watch a highlight movie of amare, and tell me whos sicker, and be truthfull, watch a real video, here ill even give u two links to two of kemps highlight videos....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OlAuCLFqj...h=shawn%20kemp
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gct5QkcpB...h=shawn%20kemp
http://youtube.com/watch?v=b0XzYZWIv...h=shawn%20kemp
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uKwMLSgSn...h=shawn%20kemp
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QgtZJkeRS...h=shawn%20kemp
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JTFNeJV_j...h=shawn%20kemp

the lister blister!!!! i know most of yall cant even remember it, so when u see it, hes the guy kemp dunked on who played for golden state, and then kemp pointed at him, kemp was ridicoloussss, and how bout when he dunked on chris gatling, gatling shook kemps hand after the dunk, he gave kemp props!!!
blinkbizk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:02 AM   #27
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

put 95 kemp in a system where he doesnt have to play defense and can run for fast breaks all day and he'd put up the same numbers amare did

kemp did so much on defense too...amare has a way to go
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:04 AM   #28
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

plus it was a much different game even then. who are the great big men in the game now?

back in kemp's prime you had a lotm of good big men and even more decent big men who played good defense (tyrone hill for example)
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:10 AM   #29
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

There's nothing sillier than rooting for old school players just on principle and in order to gain "old school reputation".

I'd say Amare, cause he's still young and will certainly develop, given his career survives his present injury.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:12 AM   #30
blinkbizk87
I airball my layups

blinkbizk87 has an OK reputation so far

thank u very much, greatttt point!! kemp had to face, shaq, d-rob, hakeem, rodman, ewing, mourning, malone, mutumbo, larry johnson, barkley, and so on. who does amare face? duncan who hasnt been the same for a couple of years, shaq whos not the same nomore, brand baby! thats his toughest match up all year! he got ben wallace, and thats like it
blinkbizk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: