Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 06-25-2006, 06:26 AM   #31
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkbizk87
kemp has been a 6 time all star, and 5 of those times he was a starter, ON THE WESTERN CONFERENCE! =), amares jump shot is not underrated, cause he doesnt really have one, hes just too different from kemp, hes not a threat from outside, and amare did not average 23 with barbosa at PG, in his 2nd year he averaged 20pts and over 3 turnovers for those hating on kemps handling abilities. amare never gets the ball out of the paint, just low post game, dunks, maybe a shot, but he misses it and gets the offensive rebound, kemp was just so much more explosive, watch a highlight movie of kemp and then watch a highlight movie of amare, and tell me whos sicker, and be truthfull, watch a real video, here ill even give u two links to two of kemps highlight videos....

Amare has a very nice jumpshot. It's become obvious to me that you have not watched him much. He did average 23 with Barbosa as the PG as I said, Marbury was the PG for the start of the year, once he was traded and Amare came back from injury he averaged 23 with Barbosa as the starting PG. I never said he averaged 23 that whole year, I just said with Barbosa as the PG. By your typing it has also become obvious that you are not old enough to have watched Kemp, leading me to believe you are basing your hypothesis completely off of those 6 youtube.com clips. . . Amare is the most explosive player I have ever seen, more so then Kemp. If Kemp was more explosive then Amare then why in the world did he average just 18 points throughout his prime?
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:28 AM   #32
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
plus it was a much different game even then. who are the great big men in the game now?

back in kemp's prime you had a lotm of good big men and even more decent big men who played good defense (tyrone hill for example)

Duncan and KG are both better defenders the Tyrone Hill and those are the 2 players that he has the best games against.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:31 AM   #33
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b56_WU4l0...e%20stoudemire

Check that video out. Way more explosive and check out his dribbling skills.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:35 AM   #34
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Duncan and KG are both better defenders the Tyrone Hill and those are the 2 players that he has the best games against.

I just named Hilkl to give an example of an average PF in the Game back then who was a good defender. You just named two of the top players of the current game, period.

I could counter by saying Kemp played against a lot of centers in his time when there were still a lot of true centers. And no, Jim McIllvaine didn't play them an awfull lot.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:38 AM   #35
blinkbizk87
I airball my layups

blinkbizk87 has an OK reputation so far

kemp didnt score more because he was in a total different style of basketball, seattle played this thing called Defense, phoenix should learn it one day, maybe theyll make the finals then, and dont judge me by my typing son! i watched kemp since 93, so ive lived through kemp days, with detlef schrempf, sam perkins, jim mclvaine, eric snow, payton, vincent askew, hersey hawkins and so on.... Kemp played against big people, amare plays again like 6'7 guys, put the old kemp on phoenix of now, hed be killing, i bet phoenix would have possibly won the championship last year, i mean kemp and payton almost beat the bulls in 96, and they had jordan and pippen and the 72-10 season, amare has long ways to go
blinkbizk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:38 AM   #36
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

I haven't claimed anything about Amare being better then Kemp, because I simply did not see him in his prime. I'm just pointing out the possible arguements that can be made for Amare.

I named Duncan and Garnett because he always seems to put up big numbers against them. He put up big numbers against every team but 37/12 on Duncan during the playoffs all series and a number of big games in which he dominated KG.

It's sad to think that Amare may never be the player he was once set out to be because of this injury. He had/has the potential to change the game.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:47 AM   #37
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

Quote:
kemp didnt score more because he was in a total different style of basketball, seattle played this thing called Defense, phoenix should learn it one day, maybe theyll make the finals then, and dont judge me by my typing son! i watched kemp since 93, so ive lived through kemp days, with detlef schrempf, sam perkins, jim mclvaine, eric snow, payton, vincent askew, hersey hawkins and so on.... Kemp played against big people, amare plays again like 6'7 guys, put the old kemp on phoenix of now, hed be killing, i bet phoenix would have possibly won the championship last year, i mean kemp and payton almost beat the bulls in 96, and they had jordan and pippen and the 72-10 season, amare has long ways to go

Kemp actually played against SMALLER PLAYERS. Kemp played the PF spot and Amare plays the C spot. The centre spot has the tallest players. Also in Kemp's prime the average player was MUCH SHORTER. As time goes on people in general are becoming taller. In today's NBA there is much more emphasis on height. Statistically speaking the league gets TALLER every year. Back then it wasn't uncommon for shorter players to play the PF and C position. Charles Barkley for example was about 6'4'' and routinely owned Kemp. So my questions to you are; why are you making things up and why should height matter anyway?

Of course Amare has a long way to go, he's only played 3 years in the NBA.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:26 AM   #38
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I haven't claimed anything about Amare being better then Kemp, because I simply did not see him in his prime.

and

Quote:
Kemp actually played against SMALLER PLAYERS. Kemp played the PF spot and Amare plays the C spot. The centre spot has the tallest players. Also in Kemp's prime the average player was MUCH SHORTER.

come again?
Old 06-25-2006, 07:28 AM   #39
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

also:

Quote:
Kemp actually played against SMALLER PLAYERS. Kemp played the PF spot and Amare plays the C spot. The centre spot has the tallest players. Also in Kemp's prime the average player was MUCH SHORTER. As time goes on people in general are becoming taller. In today's NBA there is much more emphasis on height. Statistically speaking the league gets TALLER every year. Back then it wasn't uncommon for shorter players to play the PF and C position. Charles Barkley for example was about 6'4'' and routinely owned Kemp.

and then:

Quote:
why should height matter anyway?

you just forgot that Kemp played in the era of dominating Big Men.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:01 AM   #40
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

My favourite move is against the Lakers where he dribbled up the court, hesitated around the freethrow line and took off from there. He showed his quickness blowing by the defender there. Guy was an atheletic freak, no doubt.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:01 AM   #41
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

WADE MONEY has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
kemp has been a 6 time all star, and 5 of those times he was a starter, ON THE WESTERN CONFERENCE! =)

why the crap did you capitalize WESTERN CONFERENCE? In Jordan's era, mid 90's it wasn't like the western conference was considered the better conference
WADE MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:44 PM   #42
blinkbizk87
I airball my layups

blinkbizk87 has an OK reputation so far

[quote=A Roc 23]Kemp actually played against SMALLER PLAYERS. Kemp played the PF spot and Amare plays the C spot. The centre spot has the tallest players. Also in Kemp's prime the average player was MUCH SHORTER. As time goes on people in general are becoming taller. In today's NBA there is much more emphasis on height. Statistically speaking the league gets TALLER every year. Back then it wasn't uncommon for shorter players to play the PF and C position. Charles Barkley for example was about 6'4'' and routinely owned Kemp. So my questions to you are; why are you making things up and why should height matter anyway?

first of all im not making things up, Kemp did play against big players, whereas amare at C rite now still plays against smaller people, even though Barkley was 6'4, he was still bigger than Dampier, Brad Miller, Okur and such. so big man competition was way tougher back in kemps days. People were not shorter in Kemps days, he played against real stars, such players as i named before: d-rob, hakeem, mutumbo, rodman and all those guys, yeah u mite say theyre all center and kemp is PF, they still tried to contain kemp, big man competition nowadays is just not threatful nowadays
blinkbizk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:47 PM   #43
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

BeckDiggLer has no real reputation yet.

Before the microfracture surgey I would have taken Amare, but because of the injury I gotta go with the Rain man.
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:53 PM   #44
HoosierDaddy13
Kids at the park dunk on me

HoosierDaddy13 has no real reputation yet.

LMAO @ loot. I would take Kemp, with what I've seen out of Amare so far. But I would not be disappointed to have either on my team.
HoosierDaddy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:53 PM   #45
KWALI
erudite

KWALI has an OK reputation so far
Default It's strange

The numbers are are misleading in this argument becuz it may lead you to beleive than Kemp couldn't be apotent scorer......but him scoring basically takes away from Shremp's/Hersey Hawkins best attributes.........they are pretty similiardepending on whether Amare comces back witthe same type of abilities he had b4 surgery.

Right now I'd still take Kemp you can run offense through him..
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: