Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #16
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: is Shaq even close to Kobe all time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin

shaq without kobe in 11 years has
0 titles as lead dog,
0 mvps,
0 finals wins as lead dog,
2 all nba 1st teams
0 all defensive teams period

This is another go-to "argument" for Kobe stans and, like most of the others, it's about as stupid as can be. Let's replace Shaq with Kobe from 1992-1998 and see how many rings he wins. If you think it's more than zero then you're even more delusional than I thought.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #17
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

eh shaq had the better prime, but the argument can be made that kobe is ahead of shaq all-time.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #18
gengiskhan
Banned

gengiskhan has a bad reputationgengiskhan has a bad reputationgengiskhan has a bad reputation

Flashback 1993

ROOKIE Shaq beat ROOKIE MOURNING for "ROOKIE OF THE YEAR" Honors.

Alanzo Mourning coming out of Georgetown was more skilled, better defensive rookie center.

Still SHAQ beat MOURNING for the ROY honors with sheer determination & domination.

WHO DID KOBE LOST "ROOKIE OF THE YEAR" TITLE TO ?????????????
gengiskhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:58 PM   #19
gengiskhan
Banned

gengiskhan has a bad reputationgengiskhan has a bad reputationgengiskhan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gengiskhan
THIS !!!

Shaq: "Rookie of the year" with All time great rookie season.
Kobe: Bench warming jakking off to MJ videos rookie legacy

Shaq: "3 x back-2-back-2-back" dominant FMVP wins
Kobe: riding Shaq's greatness collecting Rings

Shaq: 1 season MVP win unanimously
Kobe: 1 season MVP win consolation btw.

Shaq: Top 8 GOATs all time behind Hakeem & Russell.
Kobe: NOT Top 10 GOATs (Top 12 GOATs if rated correctly)

Shaq: Most dominant efficient "FEARED" performer of the modern day era.
Kobe: INefficient INconsistent performer of modern day era (LBJ has done considerably better efficiency wise)

Shaq >>>> Kobe

THIS MUST BE READ BY ALL THE KOBE'TARDS.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:58 PM   #20
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

kennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by gengiskhan
Shaq: 3 dominant successive FMVP wins in a row.

Kobe: 2 FMVPs

Shaq: MVP sweep. 2000 (season MVP + dominant FMVP win)

Kobe: ZERO MVP Sweep.

Kobe rode Shaq & was 2nd fiddle not the other way around.

Shaq clearly >>> Kobe.

2000 - 23/5/5 ( 21/5/5 playoffs )
2001 - 28/6/5 ( 29/7/6 playoffs )
2002 - 25/6/5 ( 27/6/5 playoffs )

combined 3 peat average = 25/5/5

thats basically finals mvp numbers

LOL@ this forum

i'm out... buncha old big men loving tards on ISH

no wonder yall have such big love fests over hakeem and worship guys like west/baylor with dumb youtube mix's

this is by far the oldest forum on the internet

kennethgriffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #21
gengiskhan
Banned

Quote:
2000 - 23/5/5 ( 21/5/5 playoffs )
2001 - 28/6/5 ( 29/7/6 playoffs )
2002 - 25/6/5 ( 27/6/5 playoffs )

combined 3 peat average = 25/5/5

thats basically finals mvp numbers

LOL@ this forum

i'm out... buncha old big men loving tards on ISH

no wonder yall have such big love fests over hakeem and worship guys like west/baylor with dumb youtube mix's

this is by far the oldest forum on the internet

NO its not.

Those are Runner up FMVP numbers when SG is left wide open on perimeter.

Kobe was left wide open as Shaq was constantly triple teamed still gave 35+ PPG for Finals.

FMVP numbers are 27-28+ PPGs. Not 25 PPG as a 2nd fiddle when all the defensive focus is on FMVP Shaq.

Kobe clearly rode shaq.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #22
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
LOL@ this forum

i'm out...

And please don't come back. Post for post, you might be the worst poster on here.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #23
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There is no question Shaq was more dominant/effective/whatever than Kobe. none. In shaqs prime you could argue he was as good as anyone ever was. In Kobes you couldnt argue he was as good as any non bigman ever was.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #24
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
And please don't come back. Post for post, you might be the worst poster on here.
LakersReign still has him beat by a long shot.

I liked how the OP ignored my post about their records when Shaq was out and when Kobe was out. Lakers were still elite when Kobe was out and barely .500 with Shaq out.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #25
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

When the two of them were winning titles, it was Shaq and Kobe, not Kobe and Shaq. Shaq at his best was the clear cut best player in the world, not even debatable. At Kobe's best, while you could claim he was the best, you had guys like LeBron, Nash, and Dirk all giving solid arguments.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #26
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
There is no question Shaq was more dominant/effective/whatever than Kobe. none. In shaqs prime you could argue he was as good as anyone ever was. In Kobes you couldnt argue he was as good as any non bigman ever was.
Do we take longevity into account tho?
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #27
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

Ignoring the idiot khangeskan and actually answering this question:

It's very debatable.
Shaq's prime is definitely much more dominant and clearcut than Kobe's. But we are talking All-time here. We don't just look at the few prime years. We have to look at everything in their careers, all the accomplishments, rings, accolades.

And anyone thinking the Lakers can win without Kobe is being stupid as well. Shaq was more important, but Kobe was needed as well.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #28
KG215
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
LakersReign still has him beat by a long shot.

I liked how the OP ignored my post about their records when Shaq was out and when Kobe was out. Lakers were still elite when Kobe was out and barely .500 with Shaq out.

I've had LakersReign on ignore for a year or so now. I never noticed kennethgriffin until the last few months when he's worked his butt off to push his "Kobe is top 5 all-time agenda." If he doesn't get banned I'll put him on ignore, too, but for now his posts are usually so bad you have to read them.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #29
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

When someone asks me how good tracy Mcgrady was I dont assume they mean on the Knicks. I mean the player you were when people got to know you as the player who made your legacy. And the player Shaq was from 1994-2002 or so could be justified taking #1 overall in an all time draft. I wouldnt. But hes a pick that can be explained.

Kobe was never that. Lebron has not been that either for the record.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #30
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

Shaq's peak is so dominant that you could take away a ring, and he'd still be top 10.
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: