Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #31
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: is Shaq even close to Kobe all time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I've had LakersReign on ignore for a year or so now. I never noticed kennethgriffin until the last few months when he's worked his butt off to push his "Kobe is top 5 all-time agenda." If he doesn't get banned I'll put him on ignore, too, but for now his posts are usually so bad you have to read them.
Well I know him because I use to post on the ESPN message boards before I came here and he would post there as well. He use to post and troll there a lot with the same topics you are currently seeing here. I started reading and posting here at around 2007-2008 then I took a short break and now I'm back. It's too bad I still have to put up with posters like him because that is why I left that message board anyways along with the fact that most of those guys are stupid, arrogant, and has just as much trolls, if not more.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #32
AK47DR91

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
Do we take longevity into account tho?
Shaq still got Kobe beat by a couple of seasons if we're talking about overall solid seasons.

Shaq: 1992-2006, that's 14 seasons of good-to-great basketball.
Kobe: 2000-present, 12 seasons and still going.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #33
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
Shaq's peak is so dominant that you could take away a ring, and he'd still be top 10.
yeah, yeah. it was a thing of beauty.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #34
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
It's very debatable. Shaq's prime is definitely much more dominant and clearcut than Kobe's. But we are talking All-time here. We don't just look at the few prime years. We have to look at everything in their careers, all the accomplishments, rings, accolades.

Shaq was elite from the moment he stepped on the court in 1992 until 2005-2006. That's 12-13 years. Kobe didn't become elite until the first Lakers title, so that's 12 years. Now let's look at the accolades:

Titles- Shaq(4) Kobe(5)
MVPs- Shaq(1) Kobe(1)
Finals MVPs- Shaq(3) Kobe(2)
All-NBA- Shaq(14) Kobe(14)
All-NBA 1st- Shaq(8) Kobe(10)
All-NBA 2nd- Shaq(2) Kobe(2)
All-NBA 3rd- Shaq(4) Kobe(2)
All-Defensive- Shaq(3) Kobe(12)
All-Defensive 1st- Shaq(0) Kobe(9)
All-Defensive 2nd- Shaq(3) Kobe(3)

Outside of All-Defensive teams, Kobe has no real significant advantage on Shaq.

Quote:
And anyone thinking the Lakers can win without Kobe is being stupid as well. Shaq was more important, but Kobe was needed as well.

Neither was winning without the other. Even Michael Jordan didn't win a damn thing until Scottie Pippen became the best perimeter player and arguably the best two way player in the league.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #35
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah he's right there with him. One spot below is close.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #36
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i found u entertaining once griffmoney but your agenda is boring now
KingBeasley08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #37
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
Yeah he's right there with him. One spot below is close.
1. Jordan
2. Russell
3. Magic
4. Kareem
5. Wilt
6. Hakeem
7. Shaq
8. Bird
9. Kobe
10. Duncan

2-3 spots. I suppose it technically is close but there is a pretty decent gap between Kobe/Duncan and Bird though.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #38
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.
Shaq was elite from the moment he stepped on the court in 1992 until 2005-2006. That's 12-13 years. Kobe didn't become elite until the first Lakers title, so that's 12 years. Now let's look at the accolades:

Titles- Shaq(4) Kobe(5)
MVPs- Shaq(1) Kobe(1)
Finals MVPs- Shaq(3) Kobe(2)
All-NBA- Shaq(14) Kobe(14)
All-NBA 1st- Shaq(8) Kobe(10)
All-NBA 2nd- Shaq(2) Kobe(2)
All-NBA 3rd- Shaq(4) Kobe(2)
All-Defensive- Shaq(3) Kobe(12)
All-Defensive 1st- Shaq(0) Kobe(9)
All-Defensive 2nd- Shaq(3) Kobe(3)

Outside of All-Defensive teams, Kobe has no real significant advantage on Shaq.
Neither was winning without the other. .
From those numbers, outside of 1 FMVP, Kobe beats him in everything else, including dominating him badly in the defensive end.

You posting this actually helped Kobe's case.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #39
DatAsh
Local High School Star

DatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation here

Perhaps, if we ignore the fact that Shaq was entering the twilight years of his career after he Kobe split, while Kobe was entering his prime.

Last edited by DatAsh : 07-29-2012 at 05:11 PM.
DatAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #40
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
1. Jordan
2. Russell
3. Magic
4. Kareem
5. Wilt
6. Hakeem
7. Shaq
8. Bird
9. Kobe
10. Duncan

2-3 spots. I suppose it technically is close but there is a pretty decent gap between Kobe/Duncan and Bird though.

You say this as if this abomination of a list is how I think the all time greats are ranked.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #41
StateOfMind12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
You say this as if this abomination of a list is how I think the all time greats are ranked.
Feel free to make your all-time list because Kobe and Duncan are quite clearly below the rest of the pack. Kobe doesn't have an argument over those 8 players I had just listed above him including Shaq.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #42
thelucifer69
Decent playground baller

thelucifer69 has an OK reputation so far

Shaq is ahead of Kobe all-time and it's quite clear unless you are a Kobe stan
thelucifer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #43
kennethgriffin
NBA sixth man of the year

kennethgriffin has a very bad reputationkennethgriffin has a very bad reputationkennethgriffin has a very bad reputationkennethgriffin has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelucifer69
Shaq is ahead of Kobe all-time and it's quite clear unless you are a Kobe stan
Its quite clear shaq needed kobe and kobe didnt need shaq.... This has been proven..

Yall in denial. Shook
kennethgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #44
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

These arguments are so dumb. Its like when people say Pippen won more then Jordan when they weren't playing with each other. This is nothing but a timing issue. Shaq not winning before he played with Kobe has more to do with going up against greater competition and then not winning after 06 being cause he was old. The 2008-2010 Lakers aren't beating the 95 Rockets and 96 Bulls either. Plus, its not Shaq's fault his peak years coincided with playing with Kobe, while Kobe's was afterwards, both peaking at ages that most players peak at.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #45
mehyaM24
College superstar

mehyaM24 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gengiskhan
NO its not.

Those are Runner up FMVP numbers when SG is left wide open on perimeter.

Kobe was left wide open as Shaq was constantly triple teamed still gave 35+ PPG for Finals.

FMVP numbers are 27-28+ PPGs. Not 25 PPG as a 2nd fiddle when all the defensive focus is on FMVP Shaq.

Kobe clearly rode shaq.

....yes....he is a sidekick.....a sidekick for life.. ...he plays like crap and is carried to victories by the best coach ever and dominant big men...

kobe= 11 yrs with shaq/gasol...5 titles....11 times past round 1

kobe= 3 yrs without shaq/gasol.....0 titles....0 times past round 1

kobe= 6-24 and handed the finals mvp.....comical....0-2 in gamewinners,yet 2-0 in those games cause gasol and artest saved the sidekick....also,shot 8-27 to win 1st ring....

lmao
mehyaM24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: