Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Powerpoint - Does anyone use it?

I've used it in a very basic way to do some presentation slides. If someone asked you "do you work in powerpoint" in an interview, how would you answer in order to seem like you used it extensively? (I am going to do a bunch of online classes prior to starting the assignment if i get it, but that doesn't help me answer the question.)

Thanks!
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #2
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Powerpoint - Does anyone use it?

Unfortunately, slideshows are a staple in many office presentations. Not necessarily PowerPoint. I prefer Impress.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I've used it in a very basic way to do some presentation slides. If someone asked you "do you work in powerpoint" in an interview, how would you answer in order to seem like you used it extensively? (I am going to do a bunch of online classes prior to starting the assignment if i get it, but that doesn't help me answer the question.)

Thanks!
I use it quite a bit. It can be anything from a plainjane slide to interactive animations and all that. Not sure how to demonstrate your skills in a verbal answer. Drop some jargon from an online tutorial.

Sorry about your layoff, btw
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:08 PM   #4
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
I use it quite a bit. It can be anything from a plainjane slide to interactive animations and all that. Not sure how to demonstrate your skills in a verbal answer. Drop some jargon from an online tutorial.

Sorry about your layoff, btw
Thank you, I appreciate that. I'm getting some traction in a few things (knock on wood) so hopefully even if it's in a temporary capacity I'll be working again soon. I might even have a few permanent interviews lined up (what people say is happening and what happens doesn't always match so it's not sure).

I will put together an answer from a tutorial and my knowledge like you said. I'd think a position like mine wouldn't harp on powerpoint anyway. Although i've seen them harp on SAP or Hyperion which are basically the same systems everyone uses with different front ends and very simple.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:13 PM   #5
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

Just say that you have used it in the past and have an in depth knowledge.

I don't use it much myself but I do have to help staff members at my work use it a lot.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:32 AM   #6
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I use it a lot. Its a great tool for pitching ideas in meetings.

You can teach yourself, just play around with it for a couple of hours while watching TV or listening to music. You can get the hang of it pretty quickly.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:11 AM   #7
Goldrush25
Local High School Star

Goldrush25 has decent reputation

I have to use it for work for case presentations. It's not hard man. They have a lot of different templates for slides already set up. Just plug in the text, pics and or figures. It's dummy-proof.

If you haven't used it before, just lie, it's not like you can't learn before your first day of work. Or use it for a couple of hours at the local library. Seriously it's too easy to learn. Say something like you're well versed/adept with Microsoft Word/Powerpoint applications. Don't fluff it up, just use it as a simple bullet.

Last edited by Goldrush25 : 08-06-2013 at 01:14 AM.
Goldrush25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:12 AM   #8
WayOfWade
Returning AUG 2015

WayOfWade has an OK reputation so far

I used it back in 06'.
WayOfWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:15 AM   #9
PickernRoller
2/5

PickernRoller has not been impressing people

All of my class presentations were made with PowerPoint. Even my Public Speaking speeches were aided with PP. You'll need to use it a lot. I am done with that shit......nah - on work too once in a moon.

So you basically say how it's a visual aid to get the major points of your presentation across. To better engage the audience and connect with the audience in a simple, relateable manner bla bla bla.......pictures bring simple concepts to life. Bullet points get the message across... retain audience engaged bla bla bla.

Last edited by PickernRoller : 08-06-2013 at 01:17 AM.
PickernRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:35 AM   #10
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Did you go to high school or college in the US? I feel like I've used it a lot because of school...and for sure it helps to organize information in a visually appealing manner. Get it...very simple to use and get the hang of.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:42 AM   #11
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

it's simple enough that even if you've never seen it before you'll find what your looking for just by looking in the menus
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:46 AM   #12
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Did you go to high school or college in the US? I feel like I've used it a lot because of school...and for sure it helps to organize information in a visually appealing manner. Get it...very simple to use and get the hang of.
I'm old, it wasn't used back then. I'm going to do what everyone said, just say i used it, and then learn prior. I've done that for other things. Companies always think their accounting systems too (Hyperion, SAP, SAS) are these unique things that outsiders will have problems with, they are all the same crappy front ends that don't work like you want then to.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #13
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Thank you, I appreciate that. I'm getting some traction in a few things (knock on wood) so hopefully even if it's in a temporary capacity I'll be working again soon. I might even have a few permanent interviews lined up (what people say is happening and what happens doesn't always match so it's not sure).

I will put together an answer from a tutorial and my knowledge like you said. I'd think a position like mine wouldn't harp on powerpoint anyway. Although i've seen them harp on SAP or Hyperion which are basically the same systems everyone uses with different front ends and very simple.

If you think SAP and Hyperion are very simple you'll think Powerpoint is like a box of crayons.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #14
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I'm old, it wasn't used back then. I'm going to do what everyone said, just say i used it, and then learn prior. I've done that for other things. Companies always think their accounting systems too (Hyperion, SAP, SAS) are these unique things that outsiders will have problems with, they are all the same crappy front ends that don't work like you want then to.
Hyperion/Brio is several orders of magnitude more complicated than Powerpoint.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: