Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #1861
ZeN
RichardRiderLives
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nova Corps.
Posts: 25,698
Default Re: Good morning gengtlemen.. I have match-ups for you!

Now we just need the actual judgments I guess..

And yo Magic.. Your vote counts.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #1862
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year
 
Black Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC
Posts: 6,933
Default Re: Good morning gengtlemen.. I have match-ups for you!

i like the Loki (prep)
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #1863
ZeN
RichardRiderLives
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nova Corps.
Posts: 25,698
Default Re: Good morning gengtlemen.. I have match-ups for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
i like the Loki (prep)
Right on.. thanks for that.. now we need just one more vote.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #1864
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets
 
magic chiongson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South
Posts: 4,068
Default Re: Official Comic Book Match-up VI

anybody got a link or wiki to the location? i wanna check it out myself before i judge...
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #1865
ZeN
RichardRiderLives
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nova Corps.
Posts: 25,698
Default Re: Official Comic Book Match-up VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
anybody got a link or wiki to the location? i wanna check it out myself before i judge...
Nowhere
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #1866
raiderfan19
Shazam!
 
raiderfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,347
Default Re: Official Comic Book Match-up VI

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knowhere#section_1
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #1867
raiderfan19
Shazam!
 
raiderfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,347
Default Re: Official Comic Book Match-up VI

Edit and it's actually knowhere not nowhere. That was a typo.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:03 PM   #1868
Anti Hero
Be your own hero
 
Anti Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8,175
Default Re: Official Comic Book Match-up VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
Edit and it's actually knowhere not nowhere. That was a typo.
Mi malo
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #1869
raiderfan19
Shazam!
 
raiderfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,347
Default Re: Official Comic Book Match-up VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Mi malo
It's my fault I spelled it wrong when I sent it. Didn't realize there actually was a place called nowhere in comics so didn't bother correcting it.

If you wish to go with nowhere that's fine with me but then Loki definitely wins because it's in someone's imagination. His physic and magical abilities are enhanced in that kind of setting
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #1870
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets
 
magic chiongson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South
Posts: 4,068
Default Re: Official Comic Book Match-up VI

oh the celestial head..lol.

gonna have to go with loki then..i see no advantage in the location for the trump..loki's prep kills anyone :/
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #1871
Anti Hero
Be your own hero
 
Anti Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8,175
Default Re: Official Comic Book Match-up VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
It's my fault I spelled it wrong when I sent it. Didn't realize there actually was a place called nowhere in comics so didn't bother correcting it.

If you wish to go with nowhere that's fine with me but then Loki definitely wins because it's in someone's imagination. His physic and magical abilities are enhanced in that kind of setting

Knowwhere is fine.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #1872
Anti Hero
Be your own hero
 
Anti Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8,175
Default Re: Official Comic Book Match-up VI

oops

Last edited by Anti Hero : 12-18-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:13 PM   #1873
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets
 
magic chiongson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South
Posts: 4,068
Default Re: Official Comic Book Match-up VI

trump prep
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #1874
raiderfan19
Shazam!
 
raiderfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,347
Default Re: Official Comic Book Match-up VI

I really do feel that this is more arguable than you'd think at first blush. Ion while a powerhouse is really easy to prep for in a location with no sunlight. The rings cancel out though hank has been better in lantern vs lantern competition. That leaves doom. There is all the tech in knowhere which is extensive. Also any tech doom brings can be used against him. That trump also isn't exactly guaranteed to work well together even with prep. Ion doesn't really fOllow orders and he definitely doesn't know doom. So at least part of dooms prep time will be spent trying to convince ion to listen to him and trying to figure out how to use all his skills to the fullest. Hank can focus all of his energy on taking the trump out and there is no risk of him having to deal with indecision during the fight.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:49 PM   #1875
ZeN
RichardRiderLives
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nova Corps.
Posts: 25,698
Default Re: Official Comic Book Match-up VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
I really do feel that this is more arguable than you'd think at first blush. Ion while a powerhouse is really easy to prep for in a location with no sunlight. The rings cancel out though hank has been better in lantern vs lantern competition. That leaves doom. There is all the tech in knowhere which is extensive. Also any tech doom brings can be used against him. That trump also isn't exactly guaranteed to work well together even with prep. Ion doesn't really fOllow orders and he definitely doesn't know doom. So at least part of dooms prep time will be spent trying to convince ion to listen to him and trying to figure out how to use all his skills to the fullest. Hank can focus all of his energy on taking the trump out and there is no risk of him having to deal with indecision during the fight.
No
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:50 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy