Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-31-2012, 01:59 AM   #181
EnoughSaid
Miami Heat/Arsenal FC

Default Re: Official Comic Book Match-up VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN

Well it kind of makes me a little more excited for the upcoming rounds. Time to kick your ass and get this upset.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:01 AM   #182
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Maybe if Talisman wasn't prepped i could see Nova winning, MAYBE. But in essence she's sort of a walking prep. There's not much i can think of that Nova can do that she can't see coming.
I hate and love what you did there
..smh..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:29 AM   #183
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Yeah im ready for judgments and new matches..
Old 07-31-2012, 02:44 AM   #184
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Nova is beyond durable. With the full Nova force behind him he has survived things like the rage of Galactus:

The world mind is almost like a prep in itself. It's not like he's just a dumb brick. He has the absolute speed advantage, able to collapse space and travel at speeds that Talisman couldn't fathom.

It's a limitless energy source. He can nullify gravity. Making Talisman a sitting duck. He can use the gravimeter abilities to subdue her and weigh her down.

Nova is familiar with magic, and effective against it. He has battles Sphinx, and will not be deterred or surprised by anything that Talisman can dish.

Her prep will not save her from his speed, his gravimetric ability, and his sheer strength. The Worldmind, the Nova force, it's all going to be too much.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:06 AM   #185
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Nova is beyond durable. With the full Nova force behind him he has survived things like the rage of Galactus:

The world mind is almost like a prep in itself. It's not like he's just a dumb brick. He has the absolute speed advantage, able to collapse space and travel at speeds that Talisman couldn't fathom.

It's a limitless energy source. He can nullify gravity. Making Talisman a sitting duck. He can use the gravimeter abilities to subdue her and weigh her down.

Nova is familiar with magic, and effective against it. He has battles Sphinx, and will not be deterred or surprised by anything that Talisman can dish.

Her prep will not save her from his speed, his gravimetric ability, and his sheer strength. The Worldmind, the Nova force, it's all going to be too much.

You are greatly underestimating Talisman, especially with prep. His speed is non void considering she is not just prepped, but with powers of precognition. She is the one who will not be the sitting duck.

The limitless energy Nova has access to isn't something that outweighs the limitless spells and magic Talisman has access too. Magic tends to trump brute strength, telepathy, and speed throughout comics (or at least Marvel). We've seen the damage the likes of Scarlet Witch has done with spells. The fact is few of us knew much of her abilites before i picked her, and it turns out she just may be a character we would normally exclude from a draft like this, because with prep her powers get a bit unreal, .

Nova wouldn't even be facing just Talisman, with prep she has the ability to instantly teleport her fellow Alpha Flight into the battle. Here is an example of her doing such a thing:

Talisman could take Nova and put him in another dimension, she has such abilities. If you want scans to that, unfortunately...there are some.

Dr. Strange giving props to her:
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:20 AM   #186
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

I will debate this until the end of time. I just don't see how Nova gets passed a supreme type level sorcercer with the ability to know what to expect of Nova and a vast amount of spells and magic (in addition to being able to absorb any magic attacks) to take him to another dimension, enter the astral plane, time travel, telport in teammates or dare i even say greater foes of Nova (assuming someone is willing - this is Asgard) to assist in this battle.

I know Nova is beloved but lets be real about this one. This isn't a case of me over hyping a young Wiccan and Hulking, this is someone with proven feats and considered to be a beast when it comes to sorcery. She has faced Gods and had other Gods bow down to her in honor (Snowbird, a demi-god, but who needs to get technical here).

With all that Nova has done, i'm trying to think how he comes out on top of this one. Specifics on how he comes out on top against a prepared top tier sorcerer.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:29 AM   #187
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

If we are going to assume that her pre-cog is so powerful that it will allow her to locate Nova traveling through dimensions and moving at above light speeds then she is OP for this draft.

I assume that she is allowed in because this is not the case.

Again he has faced extremely powerful magicians before. It doesn't trump Nova, who is far more than just a brick. His limitless energy allows him to basically be a magician. And I don't see how she counters his speed and gravimetric ability.

Again Nova has survived Galactus' rage that messed up solar bodies. He has fought Thor, and he has plenty of experience with magician type guys like Sphinx. The prep makes it interesting without a doubt, but the speed factor just seems to be too much.

Nova can is a guy who tangles with cosmics. He ripped out the spine of Annihilus, he killed what... like an entire Shi'ar population? He is a guy who battles solar busters.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:48 AM   #188
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
If we are going to assume that her pre-cog is so powerful that it will allow her to locate Nova traveling through dimensions and moving at above light speeds then she is OP for this draft.

I assume that she is allowed in because this is not the case.

Again he has faced extremely powerful magicians before. It doesn't trump Nova, who is far more than just a brick. His limitless energy allows him to basically be a magician. And I don't see how she counters his speed and gravimetric ability.

Again Nova has survived Galactus' rage that messed up solar bodies. He has fought Thor, and he has plenty of experience with magician type guys like Sphinx. The prep makes it interesting without a doubt, but the speed factor just seems to be too much.

Nova can is a guy who tangles with cosmics. He ripped out the spine of Annihilus, he killed what... like an entire Shi'ar population? He is a guy who battles solar busters.

He tangles with the cosmos, she tangles with interdenominational beast that can only be defeated by sending them into other dimensions. What good is great speed if your opponent already knows that you are coming, when you are coming, and has made necessary preparations to fight you.

If Talisman alone will be able to put up a fight, what does Nova do considering she can teleport in some assistance to help her fight him?

Despite Nova having gone up against Galactus, i really feel like high level magic trumps cosmic power.

Last edited by Loneshot : 07-31-2012 at 03:51 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:22 AM   #189
raiderfan19
Shazam!

I'd still vote for nova but great job arguing by loneshot
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:25 AM   #190
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Loneshot, unless there's been a major overhaul of the rules, then there are a number of things to address. Time powers are limited in these match ups. I don't remember time travel or precog abilities ever being allowed (I know I had a couple characters limited by that in the past). I had a guy with the ability to see into many alternate realities to see how a fight would go, but it wasn't allowed. She can't teleport in other heroes/teams. Scans showing fights against alt version of heroes don't hold a lot of weight (unless there's evidence of their power levels). Also, I don't remember BFR being allowed (maybe to break a tie?). And, well, Talisman has a limited number of feats/scans.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:30 AM   #191
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
I'd still vote for nova but great job arguing by loneshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Loneshot, unless there's been a major overhaul of the rules, then there are a number of things to address. Time powers are limited in these match ups. I don't remember time travel or precog abilities ever being allowed (I know I had a couple characters limited by that in the past). I had a guy with the ability to see into many alternate realities to see how a fight would go, but it wasn't allowed. She can't teleport in other heroes/teams. Scans showing fights against alt version of heroes don't hold a lot of weight (unless there's evidence of their power levels). Also, I don't remember BFR being allowed (maybe to break a tie?). And, well, Talisman has a limited number of feats/scans.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:33 AM   #192
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

So the winners are:

Atrocitus and The Not So Jolly Green Giant

NOVA

Dr. Fate (prepped)

Cyborg Supes

Forfeit
Old 07-31-2012, 01:56 PM   #193
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Bump for me
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:05 PM   #194
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

HeyHey: Cable Vs. Anti Hero: Despero
ZeN: Dr. Doom (prep) Vs. EnoughSaid: Shadow King
TimmyD: Mr. Fantastic (prep) Vs. Loneshot: Mongol
MagicC: Flash Vs. Jailblazers: Iron Man (prep)
El Kabong: Jean/Cyclops (prep) Vs. Raiderfan: Maestro (prep)
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:12 PM   #195
EnoughSaid
Miami Heat/Arsenal FC

Oh shit. Dr. Doom? LEGGO
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: