Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-31-2012, 03:10 PM   #196
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Official Comic Book Match-up VI

what could iron man with prep possibly do against flash? and how will his prep help him? in the past matches flash speed blitzes everyone he has matched up against
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:22 PM   #197
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

First off, Iron Man can come to the game cloaked and invisible. The Iron Man 2.0 armor he created for War Machine a while back had intangibility and invisibility capabilities that will be used in a fight vs. Flash and he will know the setting (which is a place he is already familiar with). Right off the bat, Flash will have to an invisible flying opponent in an unfamiliar place.

Also, Iron Man has tailor made suits dozens of time before and I'm sure he will have a plan for Flash. I will post a better arguments after work but prep gives Iron Man a very compelling case to win the majority over Flash.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:23 PM   #198
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There is at least an argument to be made for tony. Maestro is basically immune to telepathic attacks since he's the hulk and he can just kill them physically. He's also smarter than they are so prep helps him more
raiderfan19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:24 PM   #199
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Should I even bother arguing a prepped Doom?
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:30 PM   #200
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I want to know how Reed defeats Mongul before I argue. Last match i didn't even know how Talisman lost, simply that Nova is fast so he has to win.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:32 PM   #201
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
I want to know how Reed defeats Mongul before I argue. Last match i didn't even know how Talisman lost, simply that Nova is fast so he has to win.
This would be where you use that argument against them because Mongol has a similar speed advantage
Old 07-31-2012, 03:57 PM   #202
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I drafted Talisman once too.. unfortunately there isn't enough on the character to back it up. And the time travel/dimension travel has never been allowed in the drafts. Too many other people that have more scans of consistently defeating certain types of characters... Unfortunately this will be your problem with Talisman for most of the match-ups unless you get some good spots.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:09 PM   #203
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the way flash has been used in previous drafts, he'd speed blitz his opponents from the get go. if iron man chooses to go invisible, he will only delay the inevitable. flash will search through the entire battle field within a minute and will be able to detect iron man through vibrations. and i haven't heard bout his suit going intagible, but if he does, flash can as well. if flash goes through him it'd screw up his molecules and get destroyed.
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:22 PM   #204
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Reed has such control over his own body that he's been able to go with Hulk without taking damage.

Add the fact that he has time to prep and I'm not sure what Mongul could do to get to him.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:28 PM   #205
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Genius intellect, brilliant TK shields.. Ectoplasm Ray Gun.. The King Becomes A Peasant..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:43 PM   #206
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero

HeyHey: Cable Vs. Anti Hero: Despero
ZeN: Dr. Doom (prep) Vs. EnoughSaid: Shadow King
TimmyD: Mr. Fantastic (prep) Vs. Loneshot: Mongol
MagicC: Flash Vs. Jailblazers: Iron Man (prep)
El Kabong: Jean/Cyclops (prep) Vs. Raiderfan: Maestro (prep)

Despero
Doom
Mongol
Flash
maestro

i would normally give it to a prepped reed and stark, but there isn't much technology in Asgard for them to take advantage of here, and they don't know magic. wasted preps on both. OTOH, Doom IS well versed in magic so he will do fine in Asgard.
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:04 PM   #207
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There should be enough tech on Asgard to work with. Reed isn't familiar with magic but I'm sure given enough prep time he can get familiar enough with the objects and materials provided to him on that plane.

This doesn't also include the fact that he is a master tactician, and psychological profiler. He can defeat Mongul in Asgard, there will be enough for him to work with. Even if it's just picking up one of the mystical weapons they have there and figuring out the best plan to execute it.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:04 PM   #208
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Reed has such control over his own body that he's been able to go with Hulk without taking damage.

Add the fact that he has time to prep and I'm not sure what Mongul could do to get to him.

How is Reed going to hurt Mongul though. He's stronger than Superman and has consistently beat the crap out of him.

Taken some of Supes best shots and was still standing

Has beaten Green Lantern (Hal) and Supergirl by himself

Mongul sees Reed with his gadgets and rubber body and says "what you gone do with that except make me mad?"
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:25 PM   #209
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

With the prep Reed gets samples of his DNA, his profile, and everything.

This is the man that Onslaught admitted would have toppled him had he been given time. That man that defeats the Black Celestial (I think? I know he does take out some celestials and fights the Black Celestial through time. I forget). He's defeated Magneto, Dr. Doom and other foes that are more formidable than Mongul. He has nullified Hulk. HULK.

There is no blitzing a prepped Reed and time is his advantage not Mongul's. One could ask: "How is Reed gonna harm *insert name here*" and yet he comes out on top.

Maybe something as simple as forcing Mongul to lose the will to fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5-JVvCrGC8
Old 07-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #210
raiderfan19
Shazam!

I think mongul should win but I also don't think Reed is nearly as good in individual matchups as most of you. I generally would lump Reed in with batman/black panther as great prep guys for team battles who shouldn't be drafted until the 9th or 10th round and generally shouldn't be used in individual matchups(I know he has a big physical advantage on batman I'm not sayin they are the same, just comparable)

Last edited by raiderfan19 : 07-31-2012 at 05:29 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: