Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-02-2012, 06:50 AM   #241
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Official Comic Book Match-up VI

If we are claiming Atom is a being of pure energy like in new 52 then all his past feats go out the window because he doesnt really know how to use his power right now. You cant have it both ways. Classic Atom is still flesh and blood which means Mags can use that to his advantage.

Also, Atom has been effected by magnetism before so Magneto will be able to beat him. His power was even amped then and he was still affected by magnetism from a being far less powerful than Mags.

Last edited by Jailblazers7 : 08-02-2012 at 06:53 AM.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:59 AM   #242
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
If we are claiming Atom is a being of pure energy like in new 52 then all his past feats go out the window because he doesnt really know how to use his power right now. You cant have it both ways. Classic Atom is still flesh and blood which means Mags can use that to his advantage.

Also, Atom has been effected by magnetism before so Magneto will be able to beat him. His power was even amped then and he was still affected by magnetism from a being far less powerful than Mags.

you forgot to mention that he was also able to withstand the magnetism-based attack back then. also, how exactly does mags defend against atom's multiple ways to attack? atom can destroy planets and create blackholes/universes if he wants to

and since atom has prep, he's not going to get himself into the same situation where magnetism was used against him when he went into the wildstorm universe. he can use his various powers to prevent it...like speed blitzing or transmuting himself/his opponent from the get go

and he has never bled before..even the old captain atom. he doesn't have blood like normal humans in his system

Last edited by magic chiongson : 08-02-2012 at 07:06 AM.
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #243
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Voodoo lost because her telepathic attack backfired not because Atom overcame the magnetism. And since when does he not have blood? He is covered in metal which is why we never see his human appearance but he is still human under there.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #244
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have a clear cut choice in the atom/mags debate but I'll be interested to see what the judges say.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #245
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

his dilustel skin is the only thing holding his body intact after his transformation, what makes you thing he's still flesh and blood inside? besides, you still haven't answered how mags is going to defend against atom's attacks, his forcefield can be manipulated/absorbed by atom as well

btw, who are the judges again?
Old 08-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #246
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Prep means Mags' shields will be up before the fight so speed blitzing and whatnot will not beat him. His shields have withstood everything from Galactus to Thor. Also, Atom isn't going to out manipulate Magneto in terms of taking out his shields. Magneto can draw from a wide range of energies and is way more skilled with the use of his powers. No way Atom simply takes his shields down.

I prob need to stop arguing tho since I'm at work and have stuff to do lol. I don't really have any more to add and I'm ok for judges to make a choice.

One more thing lol, the New 52 Atom is held together by his skin because his body's atoms are constantly splitting and reforming, which is where he gets the massive amounts of energy he has. The normal Atom before the DC reboot was an army officer who bonded with the Dilustel so that the metal covered his body, which means that he is still human underneath the metal and is vulnerable to Mags' attacks. At least that's how I see it. If Atom gets his New 52 form, then I dont see how he would get his past feats in this competition because:

Quote:
In the new reality, Nathaniel Adam has only been Captain Atom for a few months and is still exploring his abilities, constantly learning new facets to them such as his ability to perceive wireless transmissions from cell phones and computers

Last edited by Jailblazers7 : 08-02-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #247
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Prep means Mags' shields will be up before the fight so speed blitzing and whatnot will not beat him. His shields have withstood everything from Galactus to Thor. Also, Atom isn't going to out manipulate Magneto in terms of taking out his shields. Magneto can draw from a wide range of energies and is way more skilled with the use of his powers. No way Atom simply takes his shields down.

I prob need to stop arguing tho since I'm at work and have stuff to do lol. I don't really have any more to add and I'm ok for judges to make a choice.

lol same here, i'm all ok arguing at work as long as these pages don't have pictures to make it too obvious. prolly should post links instead of pics if we can help it
Old 08-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #248
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bump to page 1.
Timmy D for MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #249
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Judgment??
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #250
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero

HeyHey: Sebastian Shaw Vs. Anti Hero: Black Bolt: Shaw can absorb kinetic energy, but Black Bolt's voice is just too much
ZeN: X Man (prep) Vs. EnoughSaid: Stryfe (prep): Unlucky EnoughSaid
TimmyD: Thor Vs. Loneshot: General Zod (prep): Homecourt advantage; and the prep isn't going to do much against Thor.
MagicC: Captain Atom (prep) Vs. Jailblazers: Magneto (prep); i went about matchup forever, i'm giving Atom the edge just because of the versatility. Both are prepped, so that's about a wash. and because of that, i figure that Atom knows Magneto is going to manipulate any metal, and he's going to counteract that with his own energy manipulation.
El Kabong: Emma Frost (prep) Vs. Raiderfan: Lord Helspont: this would be more fair if this was the Phoenix 5 Frost...
my picks
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:06 PM   #251
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
my picks
I agree with all but the magneto vs atom pick. I think that's a win for mags. It would also be really easy to argue zod over Thor via speed blitz but I'd pick Thor too
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #252
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
I agree with all but the magneto vs atom pick. I think that's a win for mags. It would also be really easy to argue zod over Thor via speed blitz but I'd pick Thor too
the mags-atom pick was super close for me, if i was to have judged like 20 minutes ago i might've picked Magneto
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #253
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
my picks

bless you mon ami
Old 08-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #254
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Interesting to see what matchup comes up next.. Hopefully one of the trumps..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #255
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Interesting to see what matchup comes up next.. Hopefully one of the trumps..

Excuse me for my lack of knowledge on characters, but I think this will be a good match up..
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: