Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #91
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Default Re: Gangnam Style!!!!

So PSY becomes a worldwide phenomenon within 2 months, and he is reaping everything that he can right now.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #92
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
PSY is presenting at the VMA's tonight wish he did a performance, would be funny to see JayZ, beyonce, etc. doing Gangnam Style's dance.
He'll come out with music and dancing. I can't see them not.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #93
niko
I Run NY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=JAJrYgQDysM#!

VMA Pre Party with PSY performing with THE WANTED Gangnam Style.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #94
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
So PSY becomes a worldwide phenomenon within 2 months, and he is reaping everything that he can right now.
I saw him interviewed, he seems like a good guy.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #95
niko
I Run NY.

MTV gave him like 20 seconds, it felt like they missed a chance for a spontaneous moment, which kind of is why no one gives a **** about the VMA's in general because there are no longer moments like that on them.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #96
shaq2000
mde

This song/video doesn't come off as gay to anyone else? Just the style of it... I dunno. Kinda fruity.
shaq2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #97
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
MTV gave him like 20 seconds, it felt like they missed a chance for a spontaneous moment, which kind of is why no one gives a **** about the VMA's in general because there are no longer moments like that on them.

i was disappointed in his appearance but part of it is the VMA's are so lame these days its unbelievable how bad that awards show has gotten. it was at least watchable back in the day especially when Chris Rock hosted but i was struggling to get thru it just to see PSY it was so bad. eventually i gave up and just watched the highlights. isn't the host this year E'zelle(sp?) from Friday btw? i thought he was funny in the movie but he was horrible hosting it. and PSY's scripted lines to speak korean was such a bomb altho the audience was awful too. Rihanna comes across as a diva bitch with the way she reacted to PSY, at least Katy Perry was digging it.

i want PSY to succeed but i just can't see it happening in the U.S. market. its unfortunate.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #98
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaq2000
This song/video doesn't come off as gay to anyone else? Just the style of it... I dunno. Kinda fruity.

thats part of the problem i see with Kpop and really the world music market vs America. from what i've seen America is really into males acting hard or macho, while overseas males acting/looking more feminine/metrosexual is more accepted it seems. if you think PSY/Gangnam Style is fruity, you're going to think 95% of male Kpop artists are gay. i think part of it is they're much more censored over there and theres a lot more innocence and cutesy. I think we're generally more cynical in America and it shows in our tastes towards things. i'd never have realized that until i started getting into all of this crap, its been sort of an awakening.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #99
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
thats part of the problem i see with Kpop and really the world music market vs America. from what i've seen America is really into males acting hard or macho, while overseas males acting/looking more feminine/metrosexual is more accepted it seems. if you think PSY/Gangnam Style is fruity, you're going to think 95% of male Kpop artists are gay. i think part of it is they're much more censored over there and theres a lot more innocence and cutesy. I think we're generally more cynical in America and it shows in our tastes towards things. i'd never have realized that until i started getting into all of this crap, its been sort of an awakening.
All dance music is like that. Exactly how do you come across super masculine doing disco music? Silly criticim.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #100
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
i was disappointed in his appearance but part of it is the VMA's are so lame these days its unbelievable how bad that awards show has gotten. it was at least watchable back in the day especially when Chris Rock hosted but i was struggling to get thru it just to see PSY it was so bad. eventually i gave up and just watched the highlights. isn't the host this year E'zelle(sp?) from Friday btw? i thought he was funny in the movie but he was horrible hosting it. and PSY's scripted lines to speak korean was such a bomb altho the audience was awful too. Rihanna comes across as a diva bitch with the way she reacted to PSY, at least Katy Perry was digging it.

i want PSY to succeed but i just can't see it happening in the U.S. market. its unfortunate.
I was following on twitter and people really badly wanted him to perform. But that would have meant 3 minutes of MTV not pushing the same ten artists over and over so they didn't do it.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #101
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
All dance music is like that. Exactly how do you come across super masculine doing disco music? Silly criticim.

its their looks and styles, and the way a lot of them act. in America a lot of performers especially in hip hop but even other genres tend to act tough or hard, but from what i've seen of Kpop a lot of them are pretty feminine in their styles and looks. I'm not criticizing them since to me they tend to look more stylish and like i said i think Korea at least, is a very innocent/censored culture for the most part, but to an American audience i think a lot of people would see them as fruity or gay. some males even do aegyo(cutesy look) sometimes and you'd never see something like that with an American male performer(even most American females never do any 'aegyo'). a lot of their hair styles are rather feminine imo, where its like perms or how females do short hair type of looks and most of them tend to color their hair. again not saying they're gay, since its normal or accepted more over there, but here in America i just think thats how a lot of people see it. it just seems like we're a much more close minded society in America than the rest of the world.

Last edited by Godzuki : 09-07-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #102
lefthook00
College star

It's just pop music, kpop is the same as American pop music, Bieber, Justin Timberlake, boy bands, girl bands, etc.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #103
shaq2000
mde

Not just their clothing or appearance though. Things like dancing like this with men in the video.

Beiber and American boy bands definitely seem kind of fruity by nature too, but I don't think they dance with other men in brightly colored clothing like that. Do they?
shaq2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #104
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaq2000
Not just their clothing or appearance though. Things like dancing like this with men in the video.

Beiber and American boy bands definitely seem kind of fruity by nature too, but I don't think they dance with other men in brightly colored clothing like that. Do they?

lol i don't really find that too fruity more than someone doing a dumb/funny dance. i thought the scene with PSY wearing a towel like a female while staring at some dudes chest was gayer.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:56 AM   #105
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipogb
i thought it was Gundam when somebody was telling me about it

I ignored these threads for over a month because of thinking it was something related to Gundam. Only just discovered what it really was about 5 days ago.
Myth is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: