Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2012, 03:12 AM   #31
bluechox2
#knickstape
 
bluechox2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,394
Default Re: Where do we stand?

looks like lakers are winning for hte next 2 years

how stupid can the magic be? 3 mid-to-end lottery picks, and al haringtion?

i feel like this atm


man some teams are just handed the trophies

Last edited by bluechox2 : 08-10-2012 at 05:37 AM.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #32
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,681
Default Re: Where do we stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
looks like lakers are winning for hte next 2 years

how stupid can the magic be? 3 mid-to-end lottery picks, and al haringtion?

i feel like this atm


man some teams are just handed the trophies

I'm just wondering if the other 3 teams had lube when they raped the Magic. I mean seriously, this was as dumb a mov as youcan make. They actually tok o salary if the proposed trade is accurate. They got rid of Rchardso's contract and added Harrington and Afflalo's contracts.

I'm curious to see if Denver is going to trade either Gallo or Chandler. They'll have 3 small forwards getting paid handsomely. I'd suspect one has to go.

Bleacher Report is bout the only people that think this was a good trade for Orlando (and theyre idiots anyway). I would be surprised if they made the playoffs. I also think Philly, while geting Bynum is an upgrade, will be easier for us to beat. Who's their go to wing player now? Plus, who's gonna guard Melo?

Last edited by franchize : 08-10-2012 at 09:11 AM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #33
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,299
Default Re: Where do we stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I'm just wondering if the other 3 teams had lube when they raped the Magic. I mean seriously, this was as dumb a mov as youcan make. They actually tok o salary if the proposed trade is accurate. They got rid of Rchardso's contract and added Harrington and Afflalo's contracts.

I'm curious to see if Denver is going to trade either Gallo or Chandler. They'll have 3 small forwards getting paid handsomely. I'd suspect one has to go.

Bleacher Report is bout the only people that think this was a good trade for Orlando (and theyre idiots anyway). I would be surprised if they made the playoffs. I also think Philly, while geting Bynum is an upgrade, will be easier for us to beat. Who's their go to wing player now? Plus, who's gonna guard Melo?
I think Denver willuse Iggy as a sg. Philly will use Turner young at sg and Wright jason at the SF.

I think your assessment of the Melo factor isnt accurate. Melo can get his but stop the rest of the Knicks.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #34
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,198
Default Re: Where do we stand?

Orlando got what they wanted.....picks, fresh start, contract dumps, no more drama.

LA essentially trades Bynum for Dwight

Philly gets the star they crave.

Denver upgrades with Iggy.

Everyone won, there was no fleecing involved in this one.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #35
bluechox2
#knickstape
 
bluechox2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,394
Default Re: Where do we stand?

so how well do we match up against lakers now?
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #36
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,198
Default Re: Where do we stand?

If it means Knicks in the finals, i really wouldn't care.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #37
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,681
Default Re: Where do we stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Orlando got what they wanted.....picks, fresh start, contract dumps, no more drama.

LA essentially trades Bynum for Dwight

Philly gets the star they crave.

Denver upgrades with Iggy.

Everyone won, there was no fleecing involved in this one.

Not really. What contract dump? They actually took on 2 big contracts in Afflalo and Harrington. J Rich makes about the same as Afflalo and has less years. I thought the contract they were tryna get rid of was Hedo.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #38
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,681
Default Re: Where do we stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I think Denver willuse Iggy as a sg. Philly will use Turner young at sg and Wright jason at the SF.

I think your assessment of the Melo factor isnt accurate. Melo can get his but stop the rest of the Knicks.

After seeing Melo drop the numbers he's dropping in less than 20 minutes this summer, I feel fairly secure in my assessment. Him and Amare can get theirs. I'm just curious as to who's gonna guard him.

Overall, I thought they had a mediocre offseason altogether. The gained Bynum and Young. They lost Brand, Iggy and Lou Will. I like the acquisition of Moultrie but I don't expect him to ocme out the gates making a huge impact. I think we match up well against them as long as Tyson does what he got paid for.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #39
bluechox2
#knickstape
 
bluechox2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,394
Default Re: Where do we stand?

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...sh-in-the-east

espn's take on where the knicks stand
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:43 PM   #40
Alan Shore
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 52
Default Re: Where do we stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
After seeing Melo drop the numbers he's dropping in less than 20 minutes this summer, I feel fairly secure in my assessment. Him and Amare can get theirs. I'm just curious as to who's gonna guard him.

Overall, I thought they had a mediocre offseason altogether. The gained Bynum and Young. They lost Brand, Iggy and Lou Will. I like the acquisition of Moultrie but I don't expect him to ocme out the gates making a huge impact. I think we match up well against them as long as Tyson does what he got paid for.


it's a team game. it doesn't matter too much if melo "gets his" at the expense of team cohesion and synergy... which was the same exact problem with stoudemire his first season here. yes the knicks were at a respectable 28-26 as of the trade for melo but stoudemire burned himself out during that first 54 games by barreling into three defenders and never finding open teammates. people like to overlook that fact by applauding the asinine notion of "beasting" or "putting the team on his back" and other such nonsense.

and in acquiring melo the knicks have this same problem doubled, perhaps even squared.

will woodson figure something out and have a better regular-season record? maybe. but come playoff time it's likely the same old story of stat and melo not being able to enhance the other and relying on a crappy felton and an old and perhaps still-creative facilitator in jason kidd. woodson isn't exactly a genius and gets exposed in the playoffs.
Alan Shore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:05 AM   #41
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,299
Default Re: Where do we stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
After seeing Melo drop the numbers he's dropping in less than 20 minutes this summer, I feel fairly secure in my assessment. Him and Amare can get theirs. I'm just curious as to who's gonna guard him.

Overall, I thought they had a mediocre offseason altogether. The gained Bynum and Young. They lost Brand, Iggy and Lou Will. I like the acquisition of Moultrie but I don't expect him to ocme out the gates making a huge impact. I think we match up well against them as long as Tyson does what he got paid for.
Obviously you saw what happened last year. Melo can score 40 every night and lets say he hits 50%.... Someone else has to be able to score as well. To assume Stats uninfluential scoring is a legit 2nd option has gotten the Knicks no where.

Its funny how even the espn link implies the Knicks arent better than last year because of our own merit but its based on what other teams did or didnt do.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #42
DUP
ambition
 
DUP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 444
Default Re: Where do we stand?

man, philly got better. going to be interesting to see how we match up with them
DUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #43
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Da KO King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: twitter.com/RandomHoopsMike
Posts: 7,535
Default Re: Where do we stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUP
man, philly got better. going to be interesting to see how we match up with them
Philly is getting way over-rated. The Eastern Conference is Miami and a bunch of "also-rans". Philly is not markedly better than any of the rest of the pack.

Their projected rotation is not nearly as good as fans/media is implying it is.

Starters
Point Guard: Jrue Holiday
Shooting Guard: Evan Turner
Small Forward: Dorell Wright
Power Forward: Spencer Hawes
Center: Andrew Bynum

Bench
6th Man: Thaddeus Young
7th Man: Jason Richardson/Nick Young
8th Man: Kwame Brown/Lavoy Allen
Bench Scoring Specialist: Jason Richardson/Nick Young
Bench Big Man: Kwame Brown/Lavoy Allen/Arnett Moultrie
Third-String Forward: Lavoy Allen/Arnett Moultrie
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:21 AM   #44
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,318
Default Re: Where do we stand?

That front court looks pretty good on paper, but they traded away their best player for a giant teenager with dodgy knees. Iffy.

On the other hand, of the course the second best center in the league just got sent to the Atlantic division for no reason. And with the Knicks' fans luck, of course it will pan out.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #45
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore
 
percelloveknicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: i live in Madison Square Garde
Posts: 304
Default Re: Where do we stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Philly is getting way over-rated. The Eastern Conference is Miami and a bunch of "also-rans". Philly is not markedly better than any of the rest of the pack.

Their projected rotation is not nearly as good as fans/media is implying it is.

Starters
Point Guard: Jrue Holiday
Shooting Guard: Evan Turner
Small Forward: Dorell Wright
Power Forward: Spencer Hawes
Center: Andrew Bynum

Bench
6th Man: Thaddeus Young
7th Man: Jason Richardson/Nick Young
8th Man: Kwame Brown/Lavoy Allen
Bench Scoring Specialist: Jason Richardson/Nick Young
Bench Big Man: Kwame Brown/Lavoy Allen/Arnett Moultrie
Third-String Forward: Lavoy Allen/Arnett Moultrie
I think nick young takes evan turner's spot.
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:08 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy