Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-31-2012, 01:04 PM   #46
SilkkTheShocker
Max Contract Poster

Default Re: Is Michael Jordan the unanimous G.O.A.T on ISH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Give it a few weeks or months. kennethgriffin will start a "Kobe > Jordan" thread, then the other Kobe fanboys like AlphaWolf24, LakersReign, IronFist, DeuceBigalow, etc. will follow suit and defend him with arguments like "Jordan couldn't win without Scottie" and "Kobe won without Shaq by carrying Gasol and a hapless Lakers team to back-to-back titles in 2009 and 2010" Then AlphaWolf will come in saying "most people have have Kobe higher than Jordan" because he and a few other Kobetards rank him higher than Jordan.

Im far from a Kobe fan but AlphaWolf is one of my favorite posters on ISH. Dude knows his stuff for the most part. Like I said before, people just think becuase he is a huge Kobe supporter that he is trolling. Don't always agree with Deuce, but he is pretty good.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:04 PM   #47
gengiskhan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gengiskhan
The Exact Definition of G.O.A.T:

One who transended the Game: Michael Jordan

One who was clearly bigger than the Game itself: Michael Jordan

One who is copied, immitated, aped, plagerized the most: Michael Jordan

One who re-invented the Game: Michael Jordan

One who has the most professional individual records with least seasons played or missed seasons in his prime: Michael Jordan

One who has the most individual accholades:Michael Jordan

One who got better as the competition got tougher (reg sea -> POs -> Finals): Michael Jordan

One whose STATs get better & better as game gets much more competitive (reg sea -> POs-> Finals): Michael Jordan

One whose all-time status gets bigger & better as he goes up the Ladder (High School -> NCAA -> NBA): Michael Jordan

One whose highlights are played over & over & seem never ending & never feel outdated ('80s or '90s or even '00): Michael Jordan

Michael Jordan is both Unanimous & consenses G.O.A.T. but if we desperately looking for runner up or "other than MJ" than its clearly Kareem.

NOTE: Its NOT about the swag, killer instinct, competitiveness, leadership etc etc. magic, bird, lbj, etc all have that. Even inconsistent inefficient kobe has that too. but these parameters cannot really be measured without looking at success of franchise or great coach & great teammates. Its much more than that. Read my above points again & again. You'll get it.

& THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gengiskhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:05 PM   #48
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
Im far from a Kobe fan but AlphaWolf is one of my favorite posters on ISH. Dude knows his stuff for the most part. Like I said before, people just think becuase he is a huge Kobe supporter that he is trolling.

Wow.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #49
WillC
Local High School Star

Quote:
You have tried had to correct me but looks like you've dug yourself a bigger hole.

Jordan's highlights are never ending & doesn't seem dated unlike Dr. J etc etc

Jordan's "transcending" means game will never be played like before MJ. Dominant big men are not needed to win rings. Dominant front court is not needed to win the game. before MJ, Magic needed Kareem, Bird needed The Chief etc etc. After MJ, a franchise perimeter great is enough to build a dynasty. something unheard of despite Big Os jaw dropping triple double seasons.

Jordan "transcending" means post-MJ era, NBA desperation to bend the rules (No physical contact, no tough defense allowed) to turn kobe, AI, T-Mac, LBJ, Wade into GOAT. Its like bending the rules so that you can copy PERFECTION.

Jordan "bigger than the game" = Ali "bigger than the game". countries or even remote african tribes or country like India where Bball is never played knows "Michael Jordan" just like world knows "Ali". same cannot be said about bird, magic, kareem etc etc. MJ was clearly "the greatest of the greatest." There was never an argument.

You have many other errors in your post. I wont bother with it.

You're an idiot.
WillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:07 PM   #50
RRR3
Youth is Wasted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Wow.
Alphapup is hilarious and usually less annoying than the typical Kobe kidz but "dunce thinkin' slow" is just stupid
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:07 PM   #51
gengiskhan
Banned

Quote:
Im far from a Kobe fan but AlphaWolf is one of my favorite posters on ISH. Dude knows his stuff for the most part. Like I said before, people just think becuase he is a huge Kobe supporter that he is trolling. Don't always agree with Deuce, but he is pretty good.

Alphawolf is the bigget pthaaaagg####t around. He knows nothing. He is just rappeeest lover. He cannot back any argument. He cannot even think probably because of being full ret###, an exact definition of Kobe'tard.

Stop being delutional. There is too much scum that ISH needs to get rid of.

I've never seen this guy ever present any decent argument. He is a joke.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #52
gengiskhan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC
You're an idiot.

I P'OWNED your a$$$. You know it. I actually stopped from completely embarrassing a retarded faaaaaak like you.

a joke like you cannot correct anyone without calling other "idiot."

world knows kareem has 6 MVPs but how conviniently you forgot someone else got 6 FMVPs along with 5 MVPs depite being robbed 2-3 times of season MVPs.

World also knows. Kareem despite being a big man could not win DPOY when it was easily given to big men for blocking shots but world also knows the other perimeter guy has DPOY award by being 3 x steals leader etc etc.

Listen to magic: "There is MJ than there are rest of us"

now STFU & never correct anyone.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:14 PM   #53
WillC
Local High School Star

Quote:
I P'OWNED your a$$$. You know it. I actually stopped from completely embarrassing a retarded faaaaaak like you.

a joke like you cannot correct anyone without calling other "idiot."

world knows kareem has 6 MVPs but how conviniently you forgot someone else got 6 FMVPs along with 5 MVPs depite being robbed 2-3 times of season MVPs.

World also knows. Kareem despite being a big man could not win DPOY when it was easily given to big men for blocking shots but world also knows the other perimeter guy has DPOY award by being 3 x steals leader etc etc.

Listen to magic: "There is MJ than there are rest of us"

now STFU & never correct anyone.

You're an idiot.
WillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:20 PM   #54
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:

Quote:
Alphapup is hilarious and usually less annoying than the typical Kobe kidz but "dunce thinkin' slow" is just stupid

Love you too guy's!!!

Honestly....thanks to everyone here...love talking hoops / trash/ OT wit eryone....

even you Genghis...
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:24 PM   #55
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:

Alphapup thinks Kobe=MJ and Clyde Drexler is a worse Danny Granger...he's an idiot and you think he's good?
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:33 PM   #56
jlip
College star

I don't have a personal GOAT myself. I rank as tiers, but allow me to provide some different perspectives here. Personally for every criterion you have here you could replace MJ's name with Russell's. My comments are in blue.

Quote:
The Exact Definition of G.O.A.T:

One who transended the Game: Michael Jordan See next.

One who was clearly bigger than the Game itself: Michael Jordan
Same as "transcending the game". Please study Russell's social impact on sports. He was to basketball what Jackie Robinson was to baseball. Russell’s contributions to racial progress were being lauded as early as his second season in the league. A 1958 New York Amsterdam News article praised Russell’s contributions to racial progress by rhetorically asking, “Can we imagine baseball without Jackie Robinson, track without Jesse Owens, basketball without Bill Russell?” Russell was so important to the social revolution of sports that even a young Muhammad Ali once said that he "worshiped Bill Russell" and Jackie Robinson called Russell his "favorite athlete." The reason players like Magic and Jordan are in positions to be African American owners and executives today is because Russell succeeded as being first African American head coach in all of professional major league sports.

Interesting fact...In November of 1979 Russell became the first athlete period to host Saturday Night Live. As a result future athletes of all races and sports such as Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Lebron James, Michael Phelps, Derek Jeter, Peyton Manning, and Lance Armstrong have been privileged to do so also.

That's impact that definitely transcended the game.

One who is copied, immitated, aped, plagerized the most: Michael Jordan
Jordan admittedly patterned his game after David Thompson and Dr. J. He didn't invent any moves. Because of the growth of marketing and media during his era he was able to popularize his style. Conversely, every person that values shot blocking in essence attempts to copy Russell today.

One who re-invented the Game: Michael Jordan
Many more people had a greater impact on how the game was played than MJ. Mikan, Wilt, and again Russell come to mind.

One who has the most professional individual records with least seasons played or missed seasons in his prime: Michael Jordan
See Wilt and again Russell. For every playoffs and/ or Finals scoring record that MJ has Russell has the corresponding rebounding record.

One who has the most individual accholades:Michael Jordan Kareem and Russell (for the accolades that were available during his time) are just as decorated.

One who got better as the competition got tougher (reg sea -> POs -> Finals): Michael Jordan
Again see Russell

One whose STATs get better & better as game gets much more competitive (reg sea -> POs-> Finals): Michael Jordan
Again see Russell. His stats increased from regular season, playoffs, game 7s...

One whose all-time status gets bigger & better as he goes up the Ladder (High School -> NCAA -> NBA): Michael Jordan
See Russell again. He was a virtual unknown coming out of high school but dominated his final two seasons of college leading a relatively unknown school to back to back national championships. Then he led team USA in 1956 to the gold medal and the largest margin of victory in Olympic history. We already know his NBA domination.

One whose highlights are played over & over & seem never ending & never feel outdated ('80s or '90s or even '00): Michael Jordan Highlights? Really?

Michael Jordan is both Unanimous & consenses G.O.A.T. but if we desperately looking for runner up or "other than MJ" than its clearly Kareem.
If it's unanimous that would mean that everyone feels that way. I could pull up a plethora of recent videos and quotes from former players themselves who say that someone else is their GOAT. I've heard more people presently say MJ, but it is by no means unanimous.

NOTE: Its NOT about the swag, killer instinct, competitiveness, leadership etc etc. magic, bird, lbj, etc all have that. Even inconsistent inefficient kobe has that too. but these parameters cannot really be measured without looking at success of franchise or great coach & great teammates. Its much more than that. Read my above points again & again. You'll get it.
jlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:50 PM   #57
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlip
I don't have a personal GOAT myself. I rank as tiers, but allow me to provide some different perspectives here. Personally for every criterion you have here you could replace MJ's name with Russell's. My comments are in blue.
Russell was great and all but his offensive game was lacking, I wouldn't even consider Russell GOAT center...

Best winner or best leader but what he brought to the floor skillwise on both side of the court...just no.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:51 PM   #58
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlip

If you haven't noticed by now.....according to most Jordan fans....any basketball before 1985 doesn't count.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:52 PM   #59
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Russell was great and all but his offensive game was lacking, I wouldn't even consider Russell GOAT center...

Best winner or best leader but what he brought to the floor skillwise on both side of the court...just no.

you never watched him play....please ...don't try to act like you know what your talking about.

you sound silly.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:01 PM   #60
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
you never watched him play....please ...don't try to act like you know what your talking about.

you sound silly.
I doubt you did, look at his offensive stats, he was known because of his defense and leadership skills, he was never the Celtics #1 offensive option (especially when he was lucky enough to have a bunch of HOFers as teammates).

What Hakeem did carrying a bunch of role players and over the hill guys to back to back titles=Russell and a stacked team winning 9 chips in a decade when there were like 10 teams in the NBA.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: