Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-01-2012, 03:13 AM   #1
Big_Dogg
Dunktacular

Default Fantasy Advice

OK, so I've been offered a deal and need some advice on if I should consider it.

In our league we have 14 teams, 2 keeper players each and 15 rounds in the draft

From my team last season I kept Cam Newton and Aaron Rodgers and I have the 8th pick in the draft.

I have been offered Gronk or Adrian Peterson plus the 54th (4th round) and the 179th (13th round) pick for Rodgers and the 75th (6th round) and 103rd (8th round) picks.

So by keeping Newton and picking up Gronk as a TE or AP as my RB for Rodgers, would I be selling myself short and should I ask for more in the deal or should I ask for a higher 2nd pick(9th or 10th round) and offer a lower 2nd pick in return?

I'm mulling it over but I'm not leaning towards agreeing to it, I think I could get better, any advice appreciated.
Big_Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default Re: Fantasy Advice

Is this a money league?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #3
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Yes you would be selling yourself short...right now in a keeper league Rodgers is the #1 player to draft AND IT ISN'T EVEN CLOSE...he is young and elite, you'll have an elite QB for years and years, there is no risk or question about it short of him having a very serious injury.

Cam in a keeper league is probably top-10 because of his age and it looks as though he will be a fantasy monster for years and years to come but he still is a bit risky.

If I were you I would try to trade Cam for Gronk + picks...KEEP RODGERS
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

If its a money league why give him advice? He wins he aint gonna give you a cut after helping him.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #5
Big_Dogg
Dunktacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Yes you would be selling yourself short...right now in a keeper league Rodgers is the #1 player to draft AND IT ISN'T EVEN CLOSE...he is young and elite, you'll have an elite QB for years and years, there is no risk or question about it short of him having a very serious injury.

Cam in a keeper league is probably top-10 because of his age and it looks as though he will be a fantasy monster for years and years to come but he still is a bit risky.

If I were you I would try to trade Cam for Gronk + picks...KEEP RODGERS

My thoughts exactly

Quote:
Is this a money league?

Yes it is
Old 08-01-2012, 11:10 PM   #6
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

Like pt said, you definitely have to hold onto Rodgers. Especially in a tough NFC North, he is not going to be taking it easy towards the end of this year. You should be able to get some decent value out of Newton while keeping the most consistent/best fantasy option.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:32 PM   #7
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Like pt said, you definitely have to hold onto Rodgers. Especially in a tough NFC North, he is not going to be taking it easy towards the end of this year. You should be able to get some decent value out of Newton while keeping the most consistent/best fantasy option.

Also, my instinct is telling me Cam will be going through a Sophmore Slump for a stretch this year.

From weeks 3-8 he plays some pretty tough defenses with some strong corners (Seahawks, Giants, Cowboys, Bears, Falcons)

Then he has the Eagles and Broncos towards the end of the season.

If he is as successful as last year...the success wont come easy. Alot of players struggle in their second year...even after having as much success as Cam did in his rookie season.

One example I can think of recently...in basketball though....Tyreke Evans. He had an amazing first year but since then has decreased. Of course its a different sport with different factors but the Sophmore Slump is always something to consider.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:28 AM   #8
Big_Dogg
Dunktacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Also, my instinct is telling me Cam will be going through a Sophmore Slump for a stretch this year.

From weeks 3-8 he plays some pretty tough defenses with some strong corners (Seahawks, Giants, Cowboys, Bears, Falcons)

Then he has the Eagles and Broncos towards the end of the season.

If he is as successful as last year...the success wont come easy. Alot of players struggle in their second year...even after having as much success as Cam did in his rookie season.

One example I can think of recently...in basketball though....Tyreke Evans. He had an amazing first year but since then has decreased. Of course its a different sport with different factors but the Sophmore Slump is always something to consider.

Thanks, I haven't had time to check the strength of the schedule as yet so that's something I hadn't thought about as yet, but i have made the decision not to trade Rodgers for anything.

Appreciate the discussion from all you guys.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: