Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 08-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #16
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Let's give Ross some credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
This, I don't mind the player at all. I actually like Ross. But, if we were gonna get a guy who was projected as a 14-15th pick at 8, why didn't we work to get multiple picks or trade down or something? That's my only thing.

Well if he pans out to be more than we expected, I think he deserves that #8..
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #17
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
Well if he pans out to be more than we expected, I think he deserves that #8..
That wouldn't at all change the point that we could've gotten the same player later in the draft along with another player, cash, or another draft pick. It has nothing to do with Ross in and of himself.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #18
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
That wouldn't at all change the point that we could've gotten the same player later in the draft along with another player, cash, or another draft pick. It has nothing to do with Ross in and of himself.

We will never know if any other team might also have reached to try and get Ross.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #19
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
We will never know if any other team might also have reached to try and get Ross.

This
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #20
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:

Exactly.

Guilty - saw none of Ross games with the Huskies. Saw some of Lambs, some of Drummonds, saw a lot of everyone a little as always in March madness.

Bottom line : I dont think there is any consensus that Ross > Lamb. In fact "very early returns" from Summer league where Lamb shot 47% and Ross less than that suggest Lamb will have more impact in the short term.

----

Is Ross > Lamb ? shrug - we will find out in years to come.

However IF the rumored Houston draft day deal was true....we could have picked Drummond and flipped the pick for Lowry and Lamb or Lowry and Ross and still have our first round pick next year free and clear without 'lottery protection'

Maybe some other team would have stretched. Maybe the Pistons would have gone another way. Maybe the draft would have changed. Maybe.

If we had Drummond on the roster with Jose's expiring contract we would likely now be heavily involved in some three way negotiations that would net Dwight to Lakers, Drummond Jose Baylis Johnson to Orlando, Gasol to Toronto or some such thing......

Poor poor decisions on management part.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #21
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
And so what if they did? There are multiple documented sources stating that management was actively looking to trade that #8 pick. As JBaller said, that rumored trade with Houston as an example, if someone else happened to reach for Ross early maybe we pick up Lamb and another player. Once again, it's not about whether or not Ross will be a good player. It's about asset management.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #22
DaveM123
I brick open layups

DaveM123 has an OK reputation so far

What I like from watching Ross' game is his attention to defence just as much as his offense. He has a solid all round game. We don't have anyone like him. Sure he has parts of his game he has to work on. They all do, but I like where he is starting from. You usually don't see a rookie come in who is looking after both ends of the court equally. His poor shooting percentage in Summer League is nothing to worry about. Summer League lends itself to chucking. Especially when you look around and you're surrounded by scrubs. He won't be chucking when he surrounded by NBA talent.

By the way, I believe Houston had the 12th pick and they were on record as saying they were hoping to pick him. (Watch the Houston vs Raps summer league game, straight from Houston managements mouth).
Getting picked 8th over 12 is not that crazy. We will see. I like the pick.

Last edited by DaveM123 : 08-07-2012 at 10:41 AM.
DaveM123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #23
Molson
Great young streetballer

Molson has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
this. during pac 12 play there were many times wroten would freeze out his teammates but he never takes a possession off which is why i think he is going to be a solid player.

will he be an allstar? honestly, i dont think so, but one can only hope

While I agree that Wroten was a ball dominant guard, Ross would disappear for stretches.

It seems from summer play like it was more a product of Wash being a mess than Ross' work ethic but he def took possessions off when he played at Wash.
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: