Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool
Default NBA Live Revival Thread

NBA Live is coming out with a '13 edition as well, so I made a thread to keep updated with it.

Current Release Date: December 31, 2012

I predict this will be a good game for at least two reasons.
  1. EA will have had 2 years to get this game ready and pulled back from releasing a '12 release. (probably because the demo had such bad reviews and 2K had a superior product) But regardless of the cancelled '12 release, they should have something they can use in the '13 edition of the game plus more that they are working on.
  2. This is basically what I'm looking at as EA's last chance to hit the NBA gaming market. It's becoming larger and larger. They need this game or else it's pretty much game over for NBA Live IMO.
Here's a link to what we know so far:

article: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/...a-live-returns

short video of screenshots: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksxzujzaqkI

DISCLAIMER: WE ALL PROBABLY PLAY 2K AND LOVE IT. THIS IS A DIFFERENT GAME.

Last edited by 04mzwach : 07-02-2012 at 01:03 PM.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board
Default Re: NBA Live Revival Thread

It's gonna suck.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:32 AM   #3
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rookie Rating are in

Quote:
Continue viewing below for the list of rookie ratings revealed for NBA Live 13.
New Orleans Anthony Davis (80)
Charlotte Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (78)
Washington Bradley Beal (76)
Cleveland Dion Waiters (76)
Sacramento Thomas Robinson (77)
Portland Damian Lillard (74)
Golden State Harrison Barnes (76)
Toronto Terrence Ross (71)
Detroit Andre Drummond (75)
New Orleans Austin Rivers (74)
Portland Meyers Leonard (73)
Houston Jeremy Lamb (74)
Phoenix Kendall Marshall (71)
Milwaukee John Henson (73)
Philadelphia Moe Harkless (71)
Houston Royce White (70)
Dallas Tyler Zeller (74) traded to the Cavs
Houston Terrence Jones (73)
Orlando Andrew Nicholson (70)
Denver Evan Fournier (68)
Boston Jared Sullinger (74)
Celtics - Fab Melo (68)
Hawks - John Jenkins (67)
Cavs Jared Cunningham (64) traded to the Mavericks
Grizzlies - Tony Wroten Jr (69)
Pacers - Miles Plumlee (61)
Heat - Arnett Moultrie (71) traded to 76ers
Thunder - Perry Jones III (74)
Bulls Marcus Teague (68)
Warriors - Festus Ezeli (65)
http://stickskills.com/2012/06/29/ea...ookie-ratings/
Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:29 AM   #4
Maniak
I Love LeBron

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Depending how live scales their ratings, these seem a bit too high.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:15 AM   #5
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'll try the demo out. Seems kinda late for a release date. 2K13 is coming out October 2nd for you guys in North America which is pretty much around the time all the 2K games come out each year.

They have A LOT to prove after the debacle of last year. Nothing will stop me from buying 2K13 as I love the series regardless, but I'm willing to give these guys a chance.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:33 AM   #6
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here

Can't wait!!!!

Whos on the cover? Was it announced?
EricGordon23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:34 AM   #7
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

so they renamed it back to live?

oh and the screenshots look like shit
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #8
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Quote from the IGN article:
Quote:
Still, the overall look of the game is decidedly lacking at this admittedly early stage, with cartoony animations and, worse, the same hyper-speed, arcade-y gameplay pacing that we docked the last NBA Live for.

That's what the game is gonna be like. They're not gonna change or fix those issues.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #9
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
Quote from the IGN article:

That's what the game is gonna be like. They're not gonna change or fix those issues.
Considering it has a December 31st release date, I suppose that means there's still a fair amount of time left for tweaking. That release date is three months later than 2K13's. It'd be like catching a glimpse of 2K13 back in the beginning of April, which would be right in the heat of their creation period and likely in its infancy.

With that said, NBA Live's a special case with all the time they took off, so maybe you're right.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #10
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Considering it has a December 31st release date, I suppose that means there's still a fair amount of time left for tweaking. That release date is three months later than 2K13's. It'd be like catching a glimpse of 2K13 back in the beginning of April, which would be right in the heat of their creation period and likely in its infancy.

With that said, NBA Live's a special case with all the time they took off, so maybe you're right.

Trust me, I am right. "cartoony animations" and "hyper-speed, arcade-y gameplay pacing" is a pretty good description of what NBA Live has been like ever since the 360 came out. I can't see that changing between now and December.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #11
04mzwach

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Trust me, I am right. "cartoony animations" and "hyper-speed, arcade-y gameplay pacing" is a pretty good description of what NBA Live has been like ever since the 360 came out. I can't see that changing between now and December.
I may have to agree with you. I don't think Live will ever be as great a simulation experience as 2K. Don't judge a game just based on what it doesn't do though and a comparison to 2K may even be the wrong approach. Base it on what it does good. There's nothing wrong with it looking a little arcade-y. NBA Street Homecourt was a great game for instance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope they bring back the Practice court menu for Live '13. That was one of the most badass menus a basketball game has ever had. I loved playing 1v1 or just perfecting my shot right from the menu screen. I think EA may be confused of what to do with this game, so I really wouldn't be surprised if they have the Simulation style mode and the Original Live mode. It's hard to see a capitalizing company like EA not just make an average game and release tons of DLC afterwards. I think this game will be more complete than any other though, just because they need to score good with Tech junkies and gaming review advocates off of the first punch.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #12
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Yeah, that was likely me just being overly optimistic. I figured the whole point of cutting down NBA Live in the first place was to re-build from the ground up and create something worthwhile. Contrary to many though, I'm quite satisfied with the 2K brand (even with their slight step back in some cases in 2K12), so I haven't lost sleep over Live's downfall.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #13
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That's a terrible release date, the game is sure to bomb with a release date like that.

Contrary to most of us more invested gamers, the majority of people buying these games aren't aware of exact release dates. By the time the NBA season starts these people are going to look for the new NBA game in the store and buy the only game that's there when they expect it to be: NBA 2k13.

I doubt it'll even see a EU release.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #14
04mzwach

Chances are the release date will be put the same time as 2K comes out. They just don't have an official release date. One I see is Q3 and other is Amazon release date which is usually a safety net.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #15
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
Chances are the release date will be put the same time as 2K comes out. They just don't have an official release date. One I see is Q3 and other is Amazon release date which is usually a safety net.
Yeah, I think you may be right. The information I've seen seems to suggest an early October release.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: