Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-03-2012, 04:10 AM   #76
Jasi
Quality?

Default Re: What is the easiest Olympic sport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Handball-I am 6'1 above average athlete. No doubt in my mind I could make the USA handball team if I spent a year or 2 trying to.

That sport is retardedly simple.

So, do it.

By the way my vote goes to rowing.
The proper technique is not impossible to get.
It surely requires an awful lot of training to reach the physical intensity and resistence needed, but if you have time and you're committed, this is the least difficult sport imo.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:26 AM   #77
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
I used to play AYSO for Chatsworth, making the regional teams, from the age of 7-18 but make no mistake I was never good and still suck, everyone can do AYSO. But the point is our team was the worst in the region and we always went against teams full of giant mexican kids 2 years older than us lying about their ages who would not only kick our ass by 5 goals a game, but also throw all these really dirty shots and even just punch players on the field when the ref wasn't looking, so we had to fight back by being dirtier and doing the same.

I wish football was as violent and dirty as it used to be when I played AYSO but it's the opposite at a pro level.

throwing sneaky elbows without getting caught and stomping players feet was the only thing me and my team was any good at.
Chatsworth, as in Chatsworth, Norway, or Chatsworth, Egypt?
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:32 AM   #78
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
I don't read Bill Simmons but I bet that article does nothing but state the same thing every other American who watches handball can see. Gonna google that shit.

Please tell me what is so crazy about this sport. It is a normal baseball throw. The goal is gigantic, the defenders hardly do anything, they just pass around the perimeter til someone decides to jump into the defense-you don't need any speed or quickness to succeed-why is it so hard?

You are welcome to try. I guarantee that if you tried to play handball against any good competition you'd go home with a few broken ribs and crying in embarrassment.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:55 AM   #79
LJJ
Extra Cheese

It used to be baseball.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:56 AM   #80
Trumpin
Banned

Quote:
Handball-I am 6'1 above average athlete. No doubt in my mind I could make the USA handball team if I spent a year or 2 trying to.

That sport is retardedly simple.

You 6'1?

Post a pic, you're probably a 5'5' fattass who sit all day trying to come up with weak ass comicbooks that no one will read.
Trumpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:05 AM   #81
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
Folks, running is the easiest sport. What is easier to learn?
I hope this is a joke.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:10 AM   #82
wally_world
M0derator

basketball, just join team USA as a 12th man and get a gold medal for doing nothing
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:25 AM   #83
DonD13
GYMNAST

Wink Re: What is the easiest Olympic sport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpin
You 6'1?

Post a pic, you're probably a 5'5' fattass who sit all day trying to come up with weak ass comicbooks that no one will read.

that's our tough guy right there

if he seriously thinks that he could make any national teams.....

my brother plays for the U21 national team. those are some strong mofos. guys like this would get pushed around like they're nothing...

it would be fun seeing Nick Young explaining to them in RL that the sport doesn't 'require hardly any athleticism' as he did in this deleted thread
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:33 AM   #84
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
I hope this is a joke.
it actually makes sense. it's something very natural and doesn't require any additional skill or knowledge. anybody can run. See: Forest GUmp
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:36 AM   #85
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
it actually makes sense. it's something very natural and doesn't require any additional skill or knowledge. anybody can run. See: Forest GUmp

Yeah but the point here is: what is the sport where it's easiest to reach an olympic level.
Running would probably be at the bottom of the list.
If your body structure isn't adequate, there's no training that will get you there.
Unless you become a Bhutan citizen or something.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:42 AM   #86
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Yeah but the point here is: what is the sport where it's easiest to reach an olympic level.
If your body structure isn't adequate, there's no training that will get you there.
People fail to realize athletes in Marathon run as fast as common people at their fastest speed, for 42,195km.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:04 AM   #87
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Correct, and we have to stress the genetics and bodytype here. Some sports simply require a certain build, but maybe, given you have that type of build, sport becomes easy? For example take a 7 foot volleyball player. I really think that sport isn't hard, it's just concentration and basic movement... Well, you have to have somewhat "good" hands, I suppose, but it's really a sport that in our school the laziest guys used to play (those that found basketball requiring too much physical energy). So yeah. My nomination goes to volleyball.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:13 AM   #88
LJJ
Extra Cheese

I have to admit, I know a bunch of people who played volleyball at a fairly high level. Nothing extraordinary, but high national amateur level, and I was never really impressed with their overall athletic ability.

These weren't the people who tended to get picked first in gym class for anything but volleyball. People who excel at other sports such as basketball or soccer you could count on to be quite adequate at most sports, but the same couldn't be said about the "volleybal people".
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:26 AM   #89
Boomerang
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I have to admit, I know a bunch of people who played volleyball at a fairly high level. Nothing extraordinary, but high national amateur level, and I was never really impressed with their overall athletic ability.

These weren't the people who tended to get picked first in gym class for anything but volleyball. People who excel at other sports such as basketball or soccer you could count on to be quite adequate at most sports, but the same couldn't be said about the "volleybal people".
Volleyball people are known to jump a lot higher than BBall people.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T6dsJ7NrTE

Plus the speed and precision is crazy. When someone spikes, the ball travels so fast you have less than 0.1 second to react or you're too late. This occurs for the most part of the game.
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:40 AM   #90
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

well if you live in usa getting in the olympics will be pretty damn hard even if you are a good athlete...for a small country (african mostly) is much easier... doesnt matter if you failed to qualify for the semis/finals... still you made the olympics

if you watch the heats ( qualifications, they are on air right now ) there are peeps running around 12 seconds in 100m( last in the race but still olympic level )... any good athlete can run that fast with some training... also the same can be said for swimming

as being a championship level in the olympics? probably badminton
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: