Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-03-2012, 02:58 AM   #1
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Just got word that 2 people from my college got Legionella Bacteria

Quote:
LaGuardia Community College

On June 26, 2012 the New York City Department of Health (NYC DOH) contacted our Environmental Health and Safety Office to report that two individuals who worked in the C Building contracted Legionnaires' disease, a type of pneumonia. DOH said they were not sure whether or not the individuals contracted the disease at our location. The cases occurred since August 2011. We are working with DOH and have hired Olmsted Environmental Services, Inc. to address this issue.

Legionellosis is caused by bacteria (germs) called Legionella, which can grow in some water systems. The disease cannot be spread from one person to the next, nor is it spread through drinking water. A person who has legionellosis most likely breathed in water mist that contained the bacteria. Such mist can come from showerheads and cooling towers from large air conditioning systems. Many other institutional settings, such as hospitals, encounter this problem and continue to operate while taking remedial action.

Olmsted Services took water samples in the C Building and identified the Legionella bacteria in the hot water system. We were advised to turn off the hot water systems in the C Building, flush out the hot water systems to remove sediment, and either boil the water or chlorinate the system according to established protocols. Most of the stand alone units were treated using either or both methods this past week. This weekend we will chlorinate the larger hot water system in the C Building. All water service for most of the C Building will be turned off between 5 p.m. on Saturday and noon on Sunday for treatment. Testing will be repeated in seven days to assess the effectiveness of the treatment. Cold water was not turned off because the bacteria was not found and rarely is the source of the bacteria. DOH has reviewed and approved our course of action.

Legionnaire’s disease is rare in healthy people and is easily treatable with antibiotics. The risk of developing the infection depends on how much bacteria is present in the water mist, how much a person breathes in, and individual health factors. Legionellosis most often affects middle-aged and older people, particularly those who smoke or have chronic lung disease. People with suppressed immune systems from cancer, kidney diseases, diabetes or AIDS are also at higher risk.

The symptoms of legionellosis include fever, chills and cough. If you experience these symptoms, you should visit your doctor. Explain to your doctor that you are concerned about legionellosis, and ask that he or she perform a chest x-ray to look for pneumonia and do a urine antigen test for legionellosis. There are several tests available, but the urine test is the simplest, and does not require a blood specimen. Blood testing requires two tests and will take four weeks to make the diagnosis. The symptoms of legionellosis are the same as pneumonia caused by other bacteria.

If you are concerned that you may have legionellosis, or your doctor tells you that you have the illness, please immediately notify Peter Jayasekara or Joseph Dror of the College’s Environmental Health and Safety Office.

Richard Elliott
Vice President of Administration

I've been getting coughs a lot lately and I NEVER cough. I'm scared, I seen a paper on the wall about this today and barely paid any attention just skimmed through it. So happens I check my email and I RARELY check my emails.. and I rarely click on any emails from school, I came upon this.

Dam.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:59 AM   #2
KDTrey5
I DO ME, N I CHILL

KDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Just got word that 2 people from my college got Legionella Bacteria

dont contaminate ish
KDTrey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:02 AM   #3
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd be more worried about the fact that you never cough. That's not healthy.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:53 AM   #4
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

that's creepy. how long till symptoms start in?
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

just get some antibiotics, but usually recover without meds within 5 days
bluechox2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz

I've been getting coughs a lot lately and I NEVER cough. I'm scared, I seen a paper on the wall about this today and barely paid any attention just skimmed through it. So happens I check my email and I RARELY check my emails.. and I rarely click on any emails from school, I came upon this.

Dam.
Seems like you don't do much maybe you should keep it up, seems like breaking habits does not really suit your body.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #7
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That's cough really strange cough cough. I actually never cough heard cough of that cough cough cough cough disease, but sounds like just cough a form of the flu.

My keyboard is infected. Thanks ISH!
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #8
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm more surprised that the OP got into college.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #9
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDTrey5
dont contaminate ish
we needa quarantine this thread first.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #10
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Now everyone in this threads infected.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #11
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
Now everyone in this threads infected.
28 days later............. It will have completely infected ish and will start spreading to the rest of the net.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #12
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hey guys *cough*

fvck you assholes
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #13
Knicks101
Taken

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
I'm more surprised that the OP got into college.

If you were familiar with the college, you wouldn't be.
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #14
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sounds like the start of a zombie outbreak to me
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #15
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks101
If you were familiar with the college, you wouldn't be.

Was thinking the same thing but didn't want to say it.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: