Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #16
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board
Default Re: Are we witnessing a really great era in sports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
I guess you support crappy teams? Or your adult life is just too short?
they were once great... once
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:28 PM   #17
BuffaloBill
Catfish Billy

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Let's not forget Megatron. Possibly the greatest WR to ever play American Football is in his prime RIGHT NOW!!
BuffaloBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #18
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
they were once great... once

Say your teams please.
I'm european, so i'm unbiased.

I'm a Blazers, future Redskin (now with RGIII), and UConn fan.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #19
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
Let's not forget Megatron. Possibly the greatest WR to ever play American Football is in his prime RIGHT NOW!!
Old 08-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #20
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
The 00-10 decade for sure has been very special. On top of the athletes you've mentioned and their accomplishement there's the baseball, football, and college football scandals. MMA became legit to the mainstream. Xtreme sports became popular. Great time to be a sports fan

Doesn't even begin to compete with the 90's.

We had Jordan winning 6 rings, as well as one of the greatest eras of bigmen:
Ewing, Olajuwon, Robinson, Mutombo, Daugherty, Mourning, O'Neal, Duncan (was drafted in 90's), etc.

Gretzky, Lemieux, Yzerman, Jagr, Messier and many more in the NHL

Marino, Young, Favre, Aikman, etc

Also, boxing was still great, Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis.

Olympic sprinters were celebrities, Michael Johnson, Donovan Bailey.

I know nothing about baseball, but I'm sure there were some good players in the 90's. Sosa etc.... right?
Old 08-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #21
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
For me an era is something between a spare of 10 years, like 00-10 or in this case 02-12.
Athletes have got better every decades. They could say back then they were in great eras of sports. We just have a great privilege to witness a lot of them thanks to more media coverage, the Internet and shits.

Damn, Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux, Tyson vs Holyfield, Steffi Graf's total domination, Agassi vs Sampras, Sosa vs McGwire, Ben Johnson vs Carl Lewis etc. were great..... um..... may be not for the last two.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #22
Maga_1

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Athletes have got better every decades. They could say back then they were in great eras of sports. We just have a great privilege to witness a lot of them thanks to more media coverage, the Internet and shits.

Damn, Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux, Tyson vs Holyfield, Steffi Graf's total domination, Agassi vs Sampras, Sosa vs McGwire, Ben Johnson vs Carl Lewis etc. were great..... um..... may be not for the last two.

Maybe all around (all sports) there were better individuals.
But like i said, i didn't watch the past. My "history" in sports start at 1998 or something like that, when i was 8
Old 08-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #23
iamgine

iamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I know this can sound a little bit odd, because i'm young and didn't saw all the other competitions in the past but..
We are witnesses in a great time for sports history, most of the sports.

For me it's a privilege to watch persons like Michael Phelps, Leo Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady (well i'm not very cultured in NFL), Derek Jetter, Tiger Woods, Usain Bolt, Kohey Uchimura, and many many others.
(Feel free to add others, from sports that aren't very well known).

It's a golden era for sports, in my opinion.
Golden era would signify that it's better than any point of the past which I think is debatable.

But is it a great era? Definitely!

Inthe past few years we are seeing:

GOAT PF Tim Duncan
GOAT swimmer Michael Phelps
GOAT runner Usain Bolt
GOAT men tennis player Roger Federer
GOAT women tennis player Serena Williams
GOAT men badminton player Lin Dan
GOAT golf player Tiger Woods
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #24
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here

We got to witness the greatness of the L.A kings
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #25
alenleomessi
hey girl

alenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong wayalenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
Golden era would signify that it's better than any point of the past which I think is debatable.

But is it a great era? Definitely!

Inthe past few years we are seeing:

GOAT PF Tim Duncan
GOAT swimmer Michael Phelps
GOAT runner Usain Bolt
GOAT men tennis player Roger Federer
GOAT men badminton player Lin Dan
GOAT golf player Tiger Woods
i dont thinks so

add - lebron goat sf
leo messi goat football player
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #26
BuffaloBill
Catfish Billy

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

You know he is. There hasn't been a player in the NFL more talented than Megatron in the past 10 years.
BuffaloBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #27
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We got to see the Los Angeles Lakers dominate the beginning and the end of the 2000's decade.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #28
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
Graf > Serena IMO
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #29
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Quote:
Say your teams please.
I'm european, so i'm unbiased.

I'm a Blazers, future Redskin (now with RGIII), and UConn fan.
im a die-hard chicago bulls and ohio state fan. i use to be a die hard 49er fan, but my love for the nfl has waned tremendously since my youth (more of a college football fan now).

teams i love with vigorous passion: chicago bulls, ohio state buckeyes

teams that i am a fan of but don't follow closely as i use to: san fran 49ers, oakland athletics
Old 08-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #30
Maga_1

Quote:
im a die-hard chicago bulls and ohio state fan. i use to be a die hard 49er fan, but my love for the nfl has waned tremendously since my youth (more of a college football fan now).

teams i love with vigorous passion: chicago bulls, ohio state buckeyes

teams that i am a fan of but don't follow closely as i use to: san fran 49ers, oakland athletics

Oh i guess that you're screwed for sometime, you have to wait for Rose
I liked the Ohio State team when Turner was there, just that.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: